Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

TV show "Cops" officially cancelled after 31 years on the air

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
radioandtventhusiast

Re: TV show "Cops" officially cancelled after 31 years on the air

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:09 pm

If you thought that was crazy, A&E canceled their extremely popular Live PD. The show was #1 in the cable ratings on Friday & Saturday nights and had a very loyal audience. It was much more popular than cops.

I loved both Cops and Live PD, and watched both whenever they aired. Cops got stale a few years ago, with little variety. Live PD, on the other hand, was more like the past seasons of Cops, with more intense incidents.

The Paramount Network and A&E are both getting extreme backlash on their social media pages, with petitions and a boycott A&E movement. I think A&E's ratings go down very quickly.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:37 pm

Why bother going there when the same fun can be had in Monroe County?

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:12 pm

WGN America had their normal Saturday Cops marathon so all is not lost.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:32 pm

zzand wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:12 pm
WGN America had their normal Saturday Cops marathon so all is not lost.
WGN is planning on dropping the reruns by the end of the month when their agreement expires. Disney (who now owns 20th Television) is working with local affiliates to drop the reruns from syndication.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:39 pm

What’s next for cancellation Blue Bloods, The Rookie, Law and Order and all the other Cop series.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:05 pm

Car 54, Where Are You? is gone.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:46 pm

I know this week is the last week for Live PD: Police Patrol in Syndie I don't know what WXSP will put at 2:30AM after this week Cops remains at 2AM which they have aired the reruns for like forever since they signed on to be UPN in 1999. I'm not surprised that WGN America didn't renew Cops since they are launching News Nation on Sep 1 on WGN America.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:17 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:05 pm
Car 54, Where Are You? is gone.
"Ooh! Ooh!"

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:54 am

I saw a “Cops” episode many years ago. The only time I ever watched it. In the interim I’ve seen infrequent snippets when flipping through channels.

What buzzed me about it was the music. Quite a departure from most fictional shows about police catching bad guys. On this reality show - the music sounds Jamaican and the bad guys are “bad boy”.

Racist?

Just askin’.

I’m pretty sure the show was Cops. Maybe it wasn’t. I only saw the one episode. So I could be confusing it with a similar format police reality show.

Re “Gone With The Wind” movie - it will be available with a disclaimer attached at the beginning. Same with Shirley Temple
movies, Amos and Andy TV show, etc. Just as many surviving statues of Confederacy hero-traitors will now end up in museums.

The Times - They Are Achangin’.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:47 am

screen glare wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:54 am
I saw a “Cops” episode many years ago. The only time I ever watched it. In the interim I’ve seen infrequent snippets when flipping through channels.

What buzzed me about it was the music. Quite a departure from most fictional shows about police catching bad guys. On this reality show - the music sounds Jamaican and the bad guys are “bad boy”.

Racist?

Just askin’.

I’m pretty sure the show was Cops. Maybe it wasn’t. I only saw the one episode. So I could be confusing it with a similar format police reality show.

Re “Gone With The Wind” movie - it will be available with a disclaimer attached at the beginning. Same with Shirley Temple
movies, Amos and Andy TV show, etc. Just as many surviving statues of Confederacy hero-traitors will now end up in museums.

The Times - They Are Achangin’.
Actually it’s a song by the group Full Circle from the late 80’s. Most of the guys they seemed to arrest were actually poor while people with mullets.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:58 pm

There were 2 episodes of "Adam - 12" (1 episode from the 1970 - 1971 3rd season & another episode from the 1971 - 1972 4th season) that someone said the "N" word on air & got arrested!! Got those on DVD!!

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:55 pm

Maybe it's just me, but I never got the appeal of Cops or Live PD. Then again, I was never much of a fan of the police...now the BAND, that's a different story...

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

take this job and shove it

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:14 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:34 am
I had no idea COPS was still in production.

Watching officers pull over suspected drunken drivers and dealing with hillbilly domestic incidents becomes old hat after a while.

I'm sure it'll return to air - either in the form of new episodes or reruns - in the not too distant future. My guess is one of the low budget diginets will pick it up.
Which diginet do you think might pick it up?

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:02 pm

It looks like A&E's ratings have dropped 49% since Live PD'S cancellation. The backlash is still happening on social media. Years-old reruns of Storage Wars are among the programming airing in Live PD's old timeslots.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rosaescand ... a13a516a85

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic