Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

TV show "Cops" officially cancelled after 31 years on the air

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

TV show "Cops" officially cancelled after 31 years on the air

Post by bmw » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:50 pm

I USUALLY try to keep my language in this forum relatively clean....but in all seriousness, WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING TO OUR COUNTRY?

https://www.kron4.com/entertainment-new ... ports-say/

I really am at a loss for words on this one.

Rate This

Re: TV show "Cops" officially cancelled after 31 years on the air

Post by Rate This » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:58 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:50 pm
I USUALLY try to keep my language in this forum relatively clean....but in all seriousness, WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING TO OUR COUNTRY?

https://www.kron4.com/entertainment-new ... ports-say/

I really am at a loss for words on this one.
Live PD was another casualty apparently. The sad thing is that both forums offered some transparency especially Live PD. We appear to be at the beginnings of true reform in this country... something that was badly needed awhile ago... like 25 years ago. At some point we quit innovating and just kinda went into a spiral. Something had to give...

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:06 pm

Even if I were to agree with you regarding the need for reform, is this how we go about it? There was absolutely NOTHING objectionable about the show COPS (or Live PD, I have seen that one a few times as well).

There is NOT rational debate taking place in this country right now. What we instead have is mob rule. And when the entire mob is like-minded and of one political persuasion, what they're really pushing us towards is not reform, but full-blown civil war.

The problems we have in this country are not so bad as to require literally tearing down multi-hundred-year institutions and rebuilding them from the ground up. That's not reform. That's revolution.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:26 pm

The cancellation is long overdue. Not for reasons of political correctness. Just because it was worthless, mindless, trashy programming. It's hard to believe anyone watched it.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:28 pm

Say what you want about Disney, at least they have their priorities straight when it comes to being respectful to all walks of life. They're tremendously more credible than Murdoch's Corporation.
Twentieth Television, Inc. (stylized as 20th Television) is an American television syndication studio and the syndication arm of 20th Century Fox Television, Fox 21 Television Studios, and FX Productions, with 20th Century Fox Television being a subsidiary of Walt Disney Television.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:41 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:28 pm
Say what you want about Disney, at least they have their priorities straight when it comes to being respectful to all walks of life. They're tremendously more credible than Murdoch's Corporation.
Twentieth Television, Inc. (stylized as 20th Television) is an American television syndication studio and the syndication arm of 20th Century Fox Television, Fox 21 Television Studios, and FX Productions, with 20th Century Fox Television being a subsidiary of Walt Disney Television.
Murdoch is very respectful and has its priorities straight when it comes to all walks of life along with his corporation along with Disney as well. So you're wrong about Murdoch being disrespectful which he isn't.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:47 pm

A&E will bring Live PD back I read on Deadline that plans are to bring it back but this week isn't going to be it. I haven't watched Cops in years and 33 years is a good run for them.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:15 am

MasterB wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:41 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:28 pm
Murdoch is very respectful and has its priorities straight when it comes to all walks of life along with his corporation along with Disney as well. So you're wrong about Murdoch being disrespectful which he isn't.
He's a gem of a human... How long did he protect Roger Ailes?
Twenty-First Century Fox Inc has reached a $90 million settlement of shareholder claims arising from the sexual harassment scandal at its Fox News Channel, which cost the jobs of longtime news chief Roger Ailes and anchor Bill O’Reilly.

The settlement, which requires a judge’s approval, resolves what are known as “derivative” claims against Fox officers and directors, including: Rupert Murdoch and his son Lachlan, who are Fox‘s executive chairmen; James Murdoch, another son and its chief executive, and Ailes’ estate.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:34 am

I had no idea COPS was still in production.

Watching officers pull over suspected drunken drivers and dealing with hillbilly domestic incidents becomes old hat after a while.

I'm sure it'll return to air - either in the form of new episodes or reruns - in the not too distant future. My guess is one of the low budget diginets will pick it up.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:20 am

COPS was about 10 years past its sell-by date as it is... relegated to some 3rd-rate cable channel in between episodes of Bar Rescue and the daily airing of Road House. This was an easy way for them to shed some dead weight and score points in the process.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:28 am

Wow, just wow...
HBO Max pulls 'Gone With the Wind' from library amid racial tensions
Guess we won't be seeing Blazing Saddles anytime soon either.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:23 am

You ever notice that the guys they arrested never had shirts on? Makes it easy for the cops to spot the bad guys. Just look for the ones without shirts.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:43 am

Nothing new here. They took Dragnet off years ago.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:47 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:34 am
I had no idea COPS was still in production.

Watching officers pull over suspected drunken drivers and dealing with hillbilly domestic incidents becomes old hat after a while.

I'm sure it'll return to air - either in the form of new episodes or reruns - in the not too distant future. My guess is one of the low budget diginets will pick it up.
For those enraged by missing out on those spectacles, life's rich pageant is only a few hours away. https://www.kentuckytourism.com/

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:03 pm

Just visit your nearest Waffle House or Motel 6, the usual locales for the show.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic