Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WRIF continues to kick the crap out of WLLZ

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
JLesinski

WRIF continues to kick the crap out of WLLZ

Post by JLesinski » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:33 am

I thought the new PD would really hurt WRIF but it continues to consistently play better and more interesting songs than WLLZ. Even though WRIF will delve into the "safe" category as well, overall the product is just night and day above fake wheels.

To be fair, I think WLLZ is mostly trying to compete with WCSX though.

Mega Hertz

Re: WRIF continues to kick the crap out of WLLZ

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:27 pm

I caught 2 great ones by Incubus on WRIF this afternoon.

Around the same time, both Wheels and WCSX were at different points in Slow Ride.

Yeah, WRIF wins that sweep. Hands down.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:49 pm

WRIF is now near 50 Years young and still Rocking the Motor City that’s incredible. I’m 65 and still tune in to “The Riff” been listening since I was 16 years old again that’s incredible.

windsor

Post by windsor » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:59 pm

In WLLZ's case....you can only rehash the same old worn out classic rock so much in this market.

2 Classic rockers doing it plus WRIF throwing in the odd worn out tune amongst newer rock.

FM Rock Radio in 2020.

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:07 pm

windsor wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:59 pm
In WLLZ's case....you can only rehash the same old worn out classic rock so much in this market.

2 Classic rockers doing it plus WRIF throwing in the odd worn out tune amongst newer rock.

FM Rock Radio in 2020.
I finally got Amazon Music Unlimited so I could listen to a real variety of music. For example, I was at the Subway shop and something came on that sounded like Robin Trower and I asked the much younger sandwich maker who it was. He said Black Keys and I went home and listened to one of their albums and loved the way they had really absorbed a lot from the heavy rock scene of the late sixties and early seventies.

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:10 pm

windsor wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:59 pm

FM Rock Radio in 2020.
WLLZ is trying to have it both ways: Theyre playing worn out classics mixed in with worn out 80's and 90's stuff. Its just a mess. Whoever is making that playlist should be ashamed.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic