Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

You're All Sick And Have A Virus On The Brain

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

You're All Sick And Have A Virus On The Brain

Post by Bryce » Sun May 31, 2020 8:42 am

Well, at least according to former Obama Advisor and current CNN political analyst Van Jones.

From a segment broadcast Friday May 29th, 2020:
A Klan member could not have been better trained to pick up the phone and tell the police, 'It's a black man, African-American man, come get him.' So even the most liberal, well-intentioned white person has a virus in his or her brain that can be activated at an instant."

"White people are always innocent — and their innocence constitutes their crime"
The fact that a former advisor to the POTUS and paid political commentator on CNN feels this way, may shed some light on why news coverage is slanted and our country's racial divide has grown.

It seems to me that the murder of Mr. Floyd initially united Americans. The repulsion to Mr. Floyd's death at the hands of this police officer knew no color. EVERYONE was appalled and sickened by it. Look at the groups of people marching in protest. In some instances, the coverage and video I saw, showed more light skinned folks marching than dark skinned folks. Mr. Jones would do well to remember that.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

audiophile

Re: You're All Sick And Have A Virus On The Brain

Post by audiophile » Sun May 31, 2020 12:24 pm

Maybe because CNN itself got attacked they will learn to knock off the race baiting, it doesn't help anyone.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun May 31, 2020 6:53 pm

I think hell will freeze over before CNN knocks off the B.S.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:24 pm

Jones is correct.

Most whites fear black males.
Like a virus - they can’t help that they were infected - usually in their families as kids.
And now they have a “virus-like” malady that never goes away.
Last edited by screen glare on Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:25 pm

screen glare wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:24 pm
Jones is correct.

Most whites fear black makes.
Like a virus - they can’t help that they were infected - usually in family as a kid.
And now they have a “virus-like malady” that never goes away.
What a sad state of affairs...

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:27 pm

True.
But recognizing that fear of black males the first step in self-healing.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:31 pm

Many whites do not have the same fear when they interact with or see a black woman or baby or child.

They go suspicious or tense when a black male - adult or teen - is near.

You can’t heal until you become aware of how you deeply feel.

And there are many (or most) whites who ARE aware - but remain in denial. They are addicted to the feelings of fear, suspicion, stress. They either feel they can’t, or don’t want to heal. OR - they like being racist.
Last edited by screen glare on Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:38 pm

Please do not speak for the entire white race. You do not know what every white person thinks, feels or how they will react to any given situation, so shut the fuck up...Speak for yourself and no one else.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:41 pm

Thou doest protest too much, zzand. Must have hit a nerve. You should pay attention to your angry reaction. It’s revealing.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:44 pm

It’s also a generational thing. Many white millennials are more color blind.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:54 pm

screen glare wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:24 pm
Jones is correct.

Most whites fear black males.
Like a virus - they can’t help that they were infected - usually in their families as kids.
And now they have a “virus-like” malady that never goes away.
Fear isn't the word I would use. Instead, I would use the word uneasy. Many people are uneasy in an environment or around a group of people they are unfamiliar with. In such an environment, it's only prudent to proceed with caution.

If I found myself having to pass by a biker clubhouse, I would do so with caution. Now, there are hundreds of biker clubs out there. Most of them completely peaceful, but because I'm not familiar with biker's in general, and some have a violent reputation, I would proceed with caution.

Would it be prudent for a white person to exercise caution and be uneasy if they happened upon a Nation of Islam event? If they were uneasy, does it make them racist or infected with a "virus?" I think not.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic