Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I need help understanding...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: I need help understanding...

Post by audiophile » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:14 am

I won't call her any vulgar names. I owe her that respect as governor, but her policies are inconsistent at best, unconstitutional at worst.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:36 am

Pence was a moron for not wearing a mask at a facility filled with patients suffering from cancer.

His quote is rich:
https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... ayo-clinic

Someone should inform Mike Pence that face masks do not cover one's eyes! What a dumbass!!!

While the chances of him currently being a carrier of the virus are very low, if infection occurred very recently, the virus may still be at levels undetectable by testing.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:42 am

I bet Pence would have worn the mask if someone told him it would keep the gay disease away.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:44 am

It wouldn't shock me if Trump instructed him not to wear a mask.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:12 am

I'm sure he was tested before he went in, so I don't think he put others at risk. He probably has been given a vaccine for everything known to man.

I don't think it was wise to go in without a mask, but he if has been vaccinated and knows he's not a risk, then I can see him forgoing it for clarity reasons.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:47 am

audiophile wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:14 am
I won't call her any vulgar names. I owe her that respect as governor, but her policies are inconsistent at best, unconstitutional at worst.
To be clear, I did not call her a vulgar name. Victor introduced my use of the word (mostly directed at men, btw) in his red herring statement.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:15 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:47 am
audiophile wrote:
To be clear, I did not call her a vulgar name. Victor introduced my use of the word (mostly directed at men, btw) in his red herring statement.
I apologize for being so hard on you, little Matty. I heard that you have been inconsolable since you misplaced your Ann Coulter mink mitten.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:07 am

Vic Doucette wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:15 am
Matt wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:47 am
audiophile wrote:
I apologize for being so hard on you, little Matty. I heard that you have been inconsolable since you misplaced your Ann Coulter mink mitten.
ANOTHER swing and a miss...
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:28 am

But They’ve said the same thing at the federal level... they recommended everybody where a mask... so he’s also doing as I say and not as I do...

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:28 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:28 am
But They’ve said the same thing at the federal level... they recommended everybody where a mask... so he’s also doing as I say and not as I do...
Precisely what I was saying: if you're outraged about Pence not wearing a mask, the outrage needs to extend to Karen.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:30 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:28 am
Rate This wrote:
Precisely what I was saying: if you're outraged about Pence not wearing a mask, the outrage needs to extend to Karen.
But the situations were very different.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:33 am

Yes and No.

Whitmer has locked down the state and required masks. The Fed's have not.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:10 pm

audiophile wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:33 am
Yes and No.

Whitmer has locked down the state and required masks. The Fed's have not.
Isn’t that still masks in certain enclosed settings though? You don’t need one walking down the street... similarly CDC’s recommendation that Pence was standing on the stage for when it was announced is emphasizing in public places...

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:55 pm

Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Another false equivalence. While I do believe that the Governor made a mistake not wearing a mask in public, she was in her own building, with her own people. The Vice President was visiting a hospital where everyone including him is asked to wear a mask, and he declined. The visual alone is stunningly bad PR.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:02 pm

Radio Sucks wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:55 pm
Matt wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Another false equivalence. While I do believe that the Governor made a mistake not wearing a mask in public, she was in her own building, with her own people. The Vice President was visiting a hospital where everyone including him is asked to wear a mask, and he declined. The visual alone is stunningly bad PR.
It’s moron grade in the PR department.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic