Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Best proof of media bias out there

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

Re: Best proof of media bias out there

Post by screen glare » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:15 pm

Nope. Not even close. An idiot’s equivalent.

These Trump cult members are following the American president’s un-subtle lead.
They’re trying to “fight” a microbe Trump’s way: with bluster, BS, and blame.
They act as if the virus is a person. Someone guns will scare, and threats subdue.

Ass wipes all. Nonsensical no-nothin’ nutters. And soon - a gang of sick and dying too.

Trump is indeed an existential threat. Especially to his half-wit hangers-on.
Last edited by screen glare on Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:19 pm

As long you support abortion, what you say about saving lives loses credibility in my opinion - especially when you start calling other people nutters.

Your inconsistency essentially makes you what you call others.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:26 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:47 pm
Question to all those here who criticize others for allegedly "putting others at risk" -

Have you yourselves ever personally voluntarily put others' lives at risk? If you have ever driven drunk, over the speed limit, while sleepy/drowsy, or have ever texted while driving or ever engaged in any kind of distracted driving, then YOU have knowingly and intentionally put other peoples' lives at risk.

How about your behavior when you've had the seasonal flu? Ever go into public? To work? To visit family? To the store? Tens of thousands of people die in the US every year from the flu. If you've don't 100% self-isolate as soon as you show symptoms, then you're putting other peoples' lives at risk.

How about smoking? Any of you smoke? Have you ever smoked around others? Then you've put their lives at risk.

I'm sorry, but this whole "I'm better than everyone else because you're putting other people's lives at risk and I'm not" is a crock of you know what.
You continuously and endlessly miss the point of all the distancing. Sad.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:33 pm

screen glare wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:15 pm
Nope. Not even close. An idiot’s equivalent.
In what way is what I described a false equivalency? Knowingly and intentionally endangering others' lives is knowingly and intentionally endangering others' lives. Do you dispute that any any of the voluntary behaviors I described above is an act of knowingly and intentionally endangering others?

Or are you just talking out of your ass, as per usual?

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:36 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:26 pm
No. I get the point. And I personally am following all of the CDC guidelines to the best of my ability.'

The point you and others seem to miss is that this virus is not the only cause of death, nor is people flaunting Whitmer's order (or even the CDC guidelines for that matter) the only instance of people endangering the lives of others. I'm simply pointing out the glaring hypocrisy, because I would be willing to bet a buttload of cash that each and every person in here has engaged in at least half of the behaviors I outlined above. Do you dispute, as does SG, that those behaviors ultimately cause the loss of tens, if not hundreds of thousand of American lives each year?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:48 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:36 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:26 pm
No. I get the point. And I personally am following all of the CDC guidelines to the best of my ability.'

The point you and others seem to miss is that this virus is not the only cause of death, nor is people flaunting Whitmer's order (or even the CDC guidelines for that matter) the only instance of people endangering the lives of others. I'm simply pointing out the glaring hypocrisy, because I would be willing to bet a buttload of cash that each and every person in here has engaged in at least half of the behaviors I outlined above. Do you dispute, as does SG, that those behaviors ultimately cause the loss of tens, if not hundreds of thousand of American lives each year?
No I do not dispute it. Nor is it relevant to anything. The healthcare system would have been overwhelmed absent social distancing and that would have been very very bad indeed. This isn’t about deaths at all. It’s about flattening the curve to spread out the hospital visits. The fact that you keep harping on deaths shows you have missed the boat on what this is all about.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:47 pm

All I was getting at was if someone chooses not to comply with social norms, they shouldn't expect the benefits of complying with those norms. Seems very on message with what Trump and the conservatives have been telling us all along. Don't work, no welfare. Jump the border, expect retaliation. If you're a black motorist and don't do the dance whitey cop wants, get shot.

I was just making an attempt to codify the terms of what should be the nature and results of these protests. Gather in large groups, run the risk of getting infected and if you do, little aid if there are others in need that have been compliant. Pretty simple really and right off the Trumpian bullet-point list except it's their ox that may be gored this time.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:54 pm

False equivalent, bm. None of those behaviors (drunk driving, smoking, etc) are in response to a dog whistle directive from Trump - which his cult members collectively understand - and are with increasingly dangerous zeal - continuing to obey.

They for sure are spreading the virus in mimicking Trump’s Bluster, BS, Blame. Because Trump meets Corona as a human enemy. Instead of a non-human, apolitical germ.

I suggest you look at each factor in the ENTIRE equation - before determining equal, or not.

“lIBERATE!”

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic