Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

What are you doing to help yourself and others cope with the current environment?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Re: What are you doing to help yourself and others cope with the current environment?

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:28 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:19 am

Boy, my dogs sure are happy. Have had the time to do some fine tuning on some of their training and they are loving all the attention.

In their world, they have no idea what's going on in ours.

I was thinking the same thought yesterday, while watching a robin splashing around in the bird bath.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Turkeytop

Re: What are you doing to help yourself and others cope with the current environment?

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:28 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:19 am

Boy, my dogs sure are happy. Have had the time to do some fine tuning on some of their training and they are loving all the attention.

In their world, they have no idea what's going on in ours.

I was thinking the same thought yesterday, while watching a robin splashing around in the bird bath.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:37 pm

I'm not coping well at all. I'm stressed out. I've lost my appetite and I'm losing weight. My outlook is turning pretty bleak.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:39 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:37 pm
I'm not coping well at all. I'm stressed out. I've lost my appetite and I'm losing weight. My outlook is turning pretty bleak.
That sounds soooooo upper middle class angsty!

Just kidding! Keep your head up, fine sir!

Today I ordered a fifth of Fox River Michigan Whiskey from A2 Distilling. Curbside pickup is tomorrow.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:48 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:39 pm

That sounds soooooo upper middle class angsty!

Just kidding! Keep your head up, fine sir!

Today I ordered a fifth of Fox River Michigan Whiskey from A2 Distilling. Curbside pickup is tomorrow.

Class distinctions no longer seem to matter. We're all in this together.

Strangely, I don't even enjoy a drink anymore. It doesn't even taste right.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:14 pm

Quarantine ends in less than four hours.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:31 pm

So what’s the first move? Grocery store to breathe nasal droplets? Bar to breathe nasal droplets? Menards to buy bricks?

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:33 pm

HD74 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:31 pm
So what’s the first move? Grocery store to breathe nasal droplets? Bar to breathe nasal droplets? Menards to buy bricks?

Tomorrow is Good Friday. Nothing's open.

I'll be taking a long walk.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:39 pm

I’d take the bike, probably a lot you’ve not seen for a bit.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:50 pm

HD74 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:39 pm
I’d take the bike, probably a lot you’ve not seen for a bit.
The last time I saw anything around here was Jan 2.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:04 pm

And I would certainly be jogging around town on January 2nd. Other than your voluntary confinement, what is your town doing?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:43 pm

Our confinement wasn't voluntary. It was mandatory. Anyone entering Canada from another country must quarantine for 14 days.

I can't jog, due to a deformed right foot. Bicycle is my preferred way to get around. But it's going to be pretty cool this weekend. So I'll walk.

Pretty much everything is closed up here. Food stores pharmacies and liquor stores are still open.

Churches, movie theatres and sports venues are all closed.

Someone told me they've even closed the parks.

I hate this. The whole world is toxic.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:20 pm

I'm currently drinking a Blackrocks 51K... what I wouldn't give to be in Marquette about right now...

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:42 pm

My vehicle is coming up on four years old. My plan had been to start shopping for a new one when I got back home at the end of April.

Here I am home a month early and a new vehicle is the last thing on my mind. I don't even know if the dealerships are even open. Somehow it would seem indecent driving home in a brand new car at a time like this.

Don't even need a car anymore. Nowhere to go.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:48 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:20 pm
I'm currently drinking a Blackrocks 51K... what I wouldn't give to be in Marquette about right now...
51k is ok, if you ever have the chance to get a taste of Batch 500 from Brewery Tera Firma, you'll forget all about Blackrock.

I had a growler of triple from Rare Bird this week. That's tasty.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic