Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Spirit Week

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Spirit Week

Post by sinklair » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:31 pm

Look, a lot of us stressed out and need to blow off some steam.

However, 25-66 management is throwing a “virtual spirit week” next week. Dress up with the day’s theme:

Monday: Pajama Day
Tuesday: TV Character
Wednesday: Super Hero
Thursday: Sports Team
Friday: Red, White & Blue Day

The problem is the people who get to participate are the Business Office, Sales, Promotions, etc. — the people who can work from home. While the News Team is sent out to cover this pandemic by going out in the community where we are potentially at risk for getting the disease. Team morale is one thing. How about not rubbing it in our face for those who are working from home or a controlled work environment. How about supporting those of us who have to work to keep updating the news!

Beerbong

Re: Spirit Week

Post by Beerbong » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:41 pm

sinklair wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:31 pm
Look, a lot of us stressed out and need to blow off some steam.

However, 25-66 management is throwing a “virtual spirit week” next week. Dress up with the day’s theme:

Monday: Pajama Day
Tuesday: TV Character
Wednesday: Super Hero
Thursday: Sports Team
Friday: Red, White & Blue Day

The problem is the people who get to participate are the Business Office, Sales, Promotions, etc. — the people who can work from home. While the News Team is sent out to cover this pandemic by going out in the community where we are potentially at risk for getting the disease. Team morale is one thing. How about not rubbing it in our face for those who are working from home or a controlled work environment. How about supporting those of us who have to work to keep updating the news!
Suck it up buttercup. Not everybody gets to play, even in the best of conditions.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:38 am

Nope. I’m not going to “suck it up”. I’m not going to participate in pajama day, because that would just be plain weird to be out interviewing the mayor in my PJs. Maybe for once the HR Director/party planner could just focus on the well-being of those of us who can’t work from home and have to go out and cover the news while trying to keep our own selves safe from Coronavirus. Maybe one day 25-66 management will get it... but Vegas odds are against it.

I’m hoping Beer doesn’t participate in pajama day. No one needs to see him in his “birthday suit”.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:29 am

sinklair wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:38 am
Nope. I’m not going to “suck it up”. I’m not going to participate in pajama day, because that would just be plain weird to be out interviewing the mayor in my PJs. Maybe for once the HR Director/party planner could just focus on the well-being of those of us who can’t work from home and have to go out and cover the news while trying to keep our own selves safe from Coronavirus. Maybe one day 25-66 management will get it... but Vegas odds are against it.

I’m hoping Beer doesn’t participate in pajama day. No one needs to see him in his “birthday suit”.

What more can your management do to keep you safe.
Do you want HR to walk you to your stories? Hold you hand while you ask questions?
Complaining about something as benign as spirit activities during all this really puts you in a new category of stupid.
Last edited by Beerbong on Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:54 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:40 am
But seriously, Sinclair is insulting here.

No adults like to get dressed up, unless they’re gay.
What's going on now is as far away from normal as you can get. Sorta like you.
I really don't think anyone is going to dress up like Superstink at their job.
I would think it's more of a gesture or an attempt to keep things light during a stressful time.
Hate it all you want.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:14 pm

Beer: what do I want from management? I believe I’ve laid that out in multiple posts. As far as what I would 25-66 management do to address the stressful time. How about keeping your focus on the staff that are sent out in the field to cover the impact of COVID-19 on our towns and our neighbors. What I don’t need are childish games aimed at people who are so called stressed out by having to work from home. WTF? This is why the station management is a complete joke (and not the funny kind).

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:31 pm

sinklair wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:14 pm
Beer: what do I want from management? I believe I’ve laid that out in multiple posts. As far as what I would 25-66 management do to address the stressful time. How about keeping your focus on the staff that are sent out in the field to cover the impact of COVID-19 on our towns and our neighbors. What I don’t need are childish games aimed at people who are so called stressed out by having to work from home. WTF? This is why the station management is a complete joke (and not the funny kind).
Again, what more can they do?
You have people working from home, social distancing.
12 is keeping reporters and photogs out of the building, providing them with what they need to do their jobs from the outside.
I’m sure your plant is doing the same thing.
I don’t see the person at the McDonalds drive thru complaining.
They’re just working. Hoping their job doesn’t go away. They come in contact with a lot more people than you on a daily basis.
You’re a pussy.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:51 pm

None of the reporters or photographers I’ve worked with (both at 25-66 and our competitors) feel they have been given adequate protection. We’ve been given some cleaning supplies and we’re told to wash our hands. That’s about it. And then we get notes from management about how hard people who were sent home have it. They’re “stressed out”. As Beer says, “suck it up”. We are out here busting our butts and there’s a very good chance that when everything is done, Sinclair lays off half the newsroom due to the lack of advertising, lack of ratings, and lack of plan thanks to the accountant in chief, ASSistant GM, Director of Declining Sales and In Over Her Head News Director who left us in such a poor condition. But, yes, let’s all dress up as our favorite super hero. That’ll make EVERYTHING better.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:55 pm

sinklair wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:51 pm
None of the reporters or photographers I’ve worked with (both at 25-66 and our competitors) feel they have been given adequate protection. We’ve been given some cleaning supplies and we’re told to wash our hands. That’s about it. And then we get notes from management about how hard people who were sent home have it. They’re “stressed out”. As Beer says, “suck it up”. We are out here busting our butts and there’s a very good chance that when everything is done, Sinclair lays off half the newsroom due to the lack of advertising, lack of ratings, and lack of plan thanks to the accountant in chief, ASSistant GM, Director of Declining Sales and In Over Her Head News Director who left us in such a poor condition. But, yes, let’s all dress up as our favorite super hero. That’ll make EVERYTHING better.
But you never say what more they could do.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:07 pm

Let’s start with the very basics of following corporate safety guidelines, then follow the advice of the Society of Professional Journalists for good measure.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:13 pm

sinklair wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:07 pm
Let’s start with the very basics of following corporate safety guidelines, then follow the advice of the Society of Professional Journalists for good measure.
Still pretty vague.
What are they not doing? Specifically.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:27 pm

You’re an idiot... specifically.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:13 am

sinklair wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:27 pm
You’re an idiot... specifically.
See Stink, that’s the problem with you. When asked a specific question, you can’t answer.
You call me an idiot?
I’m not the one working in a place I can’t stand.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:46 am

Read the previous posts to get the answers to your questions. If you can’t read, that’s your problem, not mine, pal. If you don’t like the answers, once again I’m not here to please you, buddy boy.

And I will again remind you to stay on topic. If you have nothing to contribute then refocus your energy on packing your boxes for Seattle. You’re part of the problem of making excuses for failed leadership at 25-66. Instead of keeping the eye on what’s most important (like making sure your front-line journalists are properly protected while providing the important health and safety information for our viewers)... you’d prefer to ignore those efforts and make everybody just feel better by throwing them a grilled cheese party while dressed up in your Wonder Woman costume. If management actually followed through on ANY of their promises, that would go a hell of a long way to improving morale and reducing stress amongst workers. Just walk by any manager’s office these days and you’ll find that they’re not here (funny that they label themselves as “nonessential workers”) or unavailable with doors closed for hours at a time. They are more concerned about covering their own butts as the Titantic prepares to hit the proverbial iceberg than they are about truly addressing serious concerns. In 25-66’s case, management gets in the life board while they push us passengers overboard as we face job cuts, pay freezes and an uncertain future due to management’s inability to raise ratings or revenue.

Don’t question my efforts or commitment since I’m one of the many journalists actually out in the field doing the work while you sit in the sidelines taking potshots at us. Go back to your bridge, troll.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:16 am

sinklair wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:46 am
Read the previous posts to get the answers to your questions. If you can’t read, that’s your problem, not mine, pal. If you don’t like the answers, once again I’m not here to please you, buddy boy.

And I will again remind you to stay on topic. If you have nothing to contribute then refocus your energy on packing your boxes for Seattle. You’re part of the problem of making excuses for failed leadership at 25-66. Instead of keeping the eye on what’s most important (like making sure your front-line journalists are properly protected while providing the important health and safety information for our viewers)... you’d prefer to ignore those efforts and make everybody just feel better by throwing them a grilled cheese party while dressed up in your Wonder Woman costume. If management actually followed through on ANY of their promises, that would go a hell of a long way to improving morale and reducing stress amongst workers. Just walk by any manager’s office these days and you’ll find that they’re not here (funny that they label themselves as “nonessential workers”) or unavailable with doors closed for hours at a time. They are more concerned about covering their own butts as the Titantic prepares to hit the proverbial iceberg than they are about truly addressing serious concerns. In 25-66’s case, management gets in the life board while they push us passengers overboard as we face job cuts, pay freezes and an uncertain future due to management’s inability to raise ratings or revenue.

Don’t question my efforts or commitment since I’m one of the many journalists actually out in the field doing the work while you sit in the sidelines taking potshots at us. Go back to your bridge, troll.
Nice dance!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic