Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Wayne County / Detroit Covid 19

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Turkeytop

Re: Wayne County / Detroit Covid 19

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:46 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:39 pm
I hope you made arrangements for a fine evening beverage.

I brought home two 1.75 L bottles of Canadian Club. I recalled having about fifteen beer in my fridge when I left home. But I was surprised to find I also had an unopened case of 24 I had forgotten about.

That should get me through 14 days.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:05 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:46 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:39 pm
I hope you made arrangements for a fine evening beverage.

I brought home two 1.75 L bottles of Canadian Club. I recalled having about fifteen beer in my fridge when I left home. But I was surprised to find I also had an unopened case of 24 I had forgotten about.

That should get me through 14 days.
Good grief... that’s a lotta beer

HD74

Post by HD74 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:17 pm

A lotta beer???
For 14 days!?!?
Egad man!!
Hello Amazon, can you drone me some Molson Ice? STAT!!

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:21 am

And, with the quarantine, I can't even invite anyone in to share it with me.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:11 am

I hear if you knouw (Canadien version of know) the right Quebeckian you can get emergency shipments of Black Label. Even in pandemics the huskies still run!

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:29 pm

The population density of Wayne County coupled with packed churches, high percentages of public transit usage, and the fact it is home to a "hub" airport with high passenger traffic are all contributing factors. A lot of Detroit residents have retail and service industry jobs. That, too, is a factor.

I am glad to see TCF Center being converted to a makeshift hospital.

I think the Suburban Collection Showplace and Selfridge Air National Guard Base should also be considered.

Seems to me hotels and some dormitories would be ideal.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:02 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:29 pm
The population density of Wayne County coupled with packed churches, high percentages of public transit usage, and the fact it is home to a "hub" airport with high passenger traffic are all contributing factors. A lot of Detroit residents have retail and service industry jobs. That, too, is a factor.

I am glad to see TCF Center being converted to a makeshift hospital.

I think the Suburban Collection Showplace and Selfridge Air National Guard Base should also be considered.

Seems to me hotels and some dormitories would be ideal.
I heard from somebody over at U of M that there were some dorms being emptied out the other day... overflow for the hospital we think.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:13 pm

Al? Jessie?

Why is coronavirus (COVID-19) death rate so high for African Americans

https://www.clickondetroit.com/health/g ... americans/

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:22 pm

In the past three weeks, Detroit cops have responded to nearly 2,000 reports of people congregating for basketball games, parties and barbecues.
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 969453001/

This may be one of the reasons why the City and Wayne County is ground zero for Covid 19 in Michigan.

Isn't it time someone that can appeal to the people that are ignoring social distancing to speak up? Visit, do a news conference, make a speech, something?

Seems like the "usual suspects" only show up to "help their people" when they can blame "the boogie man" for the problem.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:52 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:22 pm
In the past three weeks, Detroit cops have responded to nearly 2,000 reports of people congregating for basketball games, parties and barbecues.
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 969453001/

This may be one of the reasons why the City and Wayne County is ground zero for Covid 19 in Michigan.

Isn't it time someone that can appeal to the people that are ignoring social distancing to speak up? Visit, do a news conference, make a speech, something?

Seems like the "usual suspects" only show up to "help their people" when they can blame "the boogie man" for the problem.
Opportunists you say? Do tell...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic