Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Talk of MLB cancelling 2020 draft

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Mr.Transistor

Talk of MLB cancelling 2020 draft

Post by Mr.Transistor » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:12 pm

Did anybody hear about this? 3 months before the draft is to take place and they are talking about cancelling it all together this year because of the virus? What a bunch of BS. We worked hard for that #1 pick. I hope their is nothing to this nonsense.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb- ... -shutdown/

Rate This

Re: Talk of MLB cancelling 2020 draft

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:17 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:12 pm
Did anybody hear about this? 3 months before the draft is to take place and they are talking about cancelling it all together this year because of the virus? What a bunch of BS. We worked hard for that #1 pick. I hope their is nothing to this nonsense.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb- ... -shutdown/
If this is going as badly as it looks like it will then many of the players to be drafted will have it... we are talking July or August before it even begins to abate. My gut feeling is that the horse is out of the barn and it’s gonna mass spread without being controllable. So you can quit the downplaying... it’s too late.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:36 pm

I think you're misunderstanding my comment. I am not downplaying the virus... It's bad a lot worse than I ever imagined. The NFL is still holding their draft....not sure how, via Skype, via teleconference? I am sure MLB could do something along those lines. It's not such a big thing with the TV ratings and all that. The Tigers have the #1 pick and need the help and definitely earned the right to that.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:45 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:36 pm
I think you're misunderstanding my comment. I am not downplaying the virus... It's bad a lot worse than I ever imagined. The NFL is still holding their draft....not sure how, via Skype, via teleconference? I am sure MLB could do something along those lines. It's not such a big thing with the TV ratings and all that. The Tigers have the #1 pick and need the help and definitely earned the right to that.
They wouldn’t actually deny them the pick though... there’s gonna be some sort of solution to it.

format this

Post by format this » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:47 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mr.Transistor wrote:
They wouldn’t actually deny them the pick though... there’s gonna be some sort of solution to it.
Here’s a solution. Compile players available for the 2020 draft and one for the 2021 draft. (This of course if this year’s draft is cancelled). Then run a draft weekend, using the 2020 order first, and 2021 second (provided they play this season).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:17 pm

format this wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:47 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mr.Transistor wrote:
Here’s a solution. Compile players available for the 2020 draft and one for the 2021 draft. (This of course if this year’s draft is cancelled). Then run a draft weekend, using the 2020 order first, and 2021 second (provided they play this season).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually like that proposal. The show would effectively go on just later.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic