Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Conklin Leaving?!?!

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Conklin Leaving?!?!

Post by sinklair » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:26 am

Not that the staff is being told anything, but the rumor mill is on overdrive and now industry websites are saying 25-66’s accountant in chief is leaving Flint... to become Sinclair’s GM in Seattle:

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2020/ ... seattle-gm

So wait... you run the last place stations in Flint for more than a decade... fail to raise ratings or revenue... and get a promotion to one of the company’s largest stations?

Wow. Maybe someone at corporate REALLY likes grilled cheese sandwiches and EXCLUSIVE live coverage of Cornhole tournaments!

A word of warning for KOMO peeps... get ready for cuts and layoffs. You’ll be paid the least in the market. Diversity won’t be a priority. Start working on little attended Health Expos. Follow the corporate marching orders. And if you don’t laugh at the boss’s bad “dad jokes” or disagree with one of his decisions, you’d better polish up those resumes.

Good news for us... his reign of terror appears to be over. The question is who will they replace Chad with??? It’ll be a company loyalist for sure. Riots will happen if they promote the ASSistant GM or Director of Declining Sales. SBG doesn’t promote News Directors, so the “in over her head” News Director shouldn’t get too comfortable. The new GM likely will want to put in his/her own News Director.

Finally see me good news among this whole Coronavirus coverage. Party at my apartment when the deal is done.

Maybe that’s why 25-66 was so late at addressing Coronavirus concerns? Chad is too busy packing his bags!

Will anyone follow Chad to Seattle? I doubt it. Too big of a market for Dave, Ahmad, Stephanie.

Beerbong

Re: Conklin Leaving?!?!

Post by Beerbong » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:25 am

sinklair wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:26 am
Not that the staff is being told anything, but the rumor mill is on overdrive and now industry websites are saying 25-66’s accountant in chief is leaving Flint... to become Sinclair’s GM in Seattle:

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2020/ ... seattle-gm

So wait... you run the last place stations in Flint for more than a decade... fail to raise ratings or revenue... and get a promotion to one of the company’s largest stations?

Wow. Maybe someone at corporate REALLY likes grilled cheese sandwiches and EXCLUSIVE live coverage of Cornhole tournaments!

A word of warning for KOMO peeps... get ready for cuts and layoffs. You’ll be paid the least in the market. Diversity won’t be a priority. Start working on little attended Health Expos. Follow the corporate marching orders. And if you don’t laugh at the boss’s bad “dad jokes” or disagree with one of his decisions, you’d better polish up those resumes.

Good news for us... his reign of terror appears to be over. The question is who will they replace Chad with??? It’ll be a company loyalist for sure. Riots will happen if they promote the ASSistant GM or Director of Declining Sales. SBG doesn’t promote News Directors, so the “in over her head” News Director shouldn’t get too comfortable. The new GM likely will want to put in his/her own News Director.

Finally see me good news among this whole Coronavirus coverage. Party at my apartment when the deal is done.

Maybe that’s why 25-66 was so late at addressing Coronavirus concerns? Chad is too busy packing his bags!

Will anyone follow Chad to Seattle? I doubt it. Too big of a market for Dave, Ahmad, Stephanie.
As usual Stink, you are late to the party.
You have to be the worst journalist/reporter ever.
Nice ftv link!

Edited!

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:12 am

R: yes, they will likely promote another Sinclair Director of Sales to take over. However there’s fear that maybe the station would be sold or cut news altogether — going back to a news share arrangement with 5 or 12. Many of us worry that Chad has driven the station so far into the ground that SBG may move him and pull the plug on the 25-66 experiment.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:51 am

sinklair wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:12 am
R: yes, they will likely promote another Sinclair Director of Sales to take over. However there’s fear that maybe the station would be sold or cut news altogether — going back to a news share arrangement with 5 or 12. Many of us worry that Chad has driven the station so far into the ground that SBG may move him and pull the plug on the 25-66 experiment.
[/quote

Yup, that’s why he was promoted to the Sinclair west coast flagship.
You’re an idiot.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:06 pm

Why do you have to take it to a LGBTQ place where there is none? SMH...

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:22 pm

Once again, this proves how poor of a leader the accountant in chief is...

Who leaves in the middle of this pandemic that is causing many disruptions on our news gathering and sales operations? For someone who says he “cares” about the workers here, it feels more like he’s locking the door on a house that’s on fire. But we’ll be forced to participate in a going away party to kiss the boss’ butt...

Don’t let the door hit you on your way out.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:59 pm

sinklair wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:22 pm
Once again, this proves how poor of a leader the accountant in chief is...

Who leaves in the middle of this pandemic that is causing many disruptions on our news gathering and sales operations? For someone who says he “cares” about the workers here, it feels more like he’s locking the door on a house that’s on fire. But we’ll be forced to participate in a going away party to kiss the boss’ butt...

Don’t let the door hit you on your way out.

The only thing this proves is he took a new position at a different station.
Quit being such a pussy.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:15 pm

Leaders lead. Losers flee when the times get tough. That’s what Conklin will be remembered for.

He took a last place TV station, ran it into the ground, and left us in a worse shape.

Congrats on your new opportunity... but you’re still a bad leader who doesn’t care about his employees. I hope they like grilled cheese better in Seattle better than we do in Flint!

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:58 pm

One change to your statement: I would say Beer is “hardly working”.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:51 pm

sinklair wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:58 pm
One change to your statement: I would say Beer is “hardly working”.
Wrong again Stink!
If you would have made your one change: I would say “Beer isn’t working”. That would be correct.
How can you call yourself a journalist if you can’t write facts.
But look at the bright side of all this. When the new GM starts, you can run over an tell him/her all your great ideas on how the place should be run. I’m sure the new GM will love you. You’ll kiss so much ass, you'll able to tell what what he or she had for lunch. Things are only looking up for you.

Edited!

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:05 pm

That’s assuming Sinclair doesn’t cone in to shut down the news operation and have mass layoffs... which many fear. The golden boy wasn’t able to make any impact, so why would they continue to pump money into the stations? SBG’s playbook is to increase profit margins. It’s expensive to put on news. So anything goes... and the short timer isn’t providing any assurances about our futures ( that we believe).

Good news is if they shutter the newsroom, I’ll be available to be your personal chef... and can make you as many grilled cheese sandwiches as your little heart desires. I may even throw in a bowl of soup.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:10 pm

sinklair wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:05 pm
That’s assuming Sinclair doesn’t cone in to shut down the news operation and have mass layoffs... which many fear. The golden boy wasn’t able to make any impact, so why would they continue to pump money into the stations? SBG’s playbook is to increase profit margins. It’s expensive to put on news. So anything goes... and the short timer isn’t providing any assurances about our futures ( that we believe).

Good news is if they shutter the newsroom, I’ll be available to be your personal chef... and can make you as many grilled cheese sandwiches as your little heart desires. I may even throw in a bowl of soup.
No thanks.
But you can hang around and do the dishes.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:50 pm

Why yes master, that would be great.

lilnut13

Post by lilnut13 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:15 am

Who is the short timer, please don't say the DOS? 🤦‍♀️

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:09 am

Lil: short timer is the exiting GM/accountant in chief

Lovin: what you need is someone who understands how to work the system but is actually able to stand up and advocate what’s right for your workers.

That’s what Chad failed to do here at 25-66. He was a company man. He took his marching orders from corporate, didn’t question them, told us to suck it up when we said there was a better way to do it.

Remember the Sinclair promo our anchors were forced to read? EVERYBODY complained. The GM was silent on the whole matter. In the end, we got tons of phone calls and Sinclair was forced to admit it was wrong to make our anchors do it. Chad was still silent.

Being a company man may get you promoted, but he’s entering a station that was recently bought by Sinclair and still doesn’t agree with the company’s top down nature. He won’t last. I give it less than 5 years before he’s run out of town or “promoted” to a position where he can do less damage.

My tip of the day: don’t get too comfortable or unpack all your boxes,

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic