Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

25-66’s lack of Coronavirus response plan

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Re: 25-66’s lack of Coronavirus response plan

Post by sinklair » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:03 pm

Because when managers knowingly have a public health emergency it is their responsibility (and the employee’s responsibility too) to find ways to protect the staff with reasonable measures.

As far as Beer’s proclamation that everything I suggest is “pie in the sky”... you might want to check with other SBG stations that are using some of these tactics. If they can do it at the station level, I think it’s a fair question to know why 25-66 management has made a choice not to do it. And if the answer is it’s too expensive to protect your workers, I think it only reinforces the poor decision making that is taking place in the corner office.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:55 pm

sinklair wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:03 pm
Because when managers knowingly have a public health emergency it is their responsibility (and the employee’s responsibility too) to find ways to protect the staff with reasonable measures.

As far as Beer’s proclamation that everything I suggest is “pie in the sky”... you might want to check with other SBG stations that are using some of these tactics. If they can do it at the station level, I think it’s a fair question to know why 25-66 management has made a choice not to do it. And if the answer is it’s too expensive to protect your workers, I think it only reinforces the poor decision making that is taking place in the corner office.
Stink
I guess my point is that all these things don't apply to all workers. Non-essential employees will be set up to work at home. Disinfecting will continue on a regular basis in your buildings, and supplies of hand sanitizer will be provided as long as it is available.
There are some people that will have to work regardless of the situation. That is a fact. And it will more than likely be management, the people you despise so much. You will be protected as much as possible. Rest assured.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:09 pm

You obviously have never worked at 25-66... because managers never work on holidays, on big events, on weekends when we have major programming, etc. They are the last ones in to work, first to leave. I don’t see the accountant in chief to leave home and his family to spend time with the “troops.” Will the News Director be there? Probably. Others? Not a chance in hell.

I never said all the suggestions will apply to all workers. Not even sure how you would jump to that conclusion. I don’t even care if they do all of the suggestions. Some is better than none. But no plan is pretty much what we have now.

The other stations in the market have had more discussions than my station. Even other SBG stations have better plans. Good news is 25-66 management finally seems to be having some discussions... Doubt that we’d be even this far without the questions many of us have been asking of management. Hopefully next week we’ll get even more. Progress is progress. But leaders need to start leading.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:55 pm

sinklair wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:09 pm
You obviously have never worked at 25-66... because managers never work on holidays, on big events, on weekends when we have major programming, etc. They are the last ones in to work, first to leave. I don’t see the accountant in chief to leave home and his family to spend time with the “troops.” Will the News Director be there? Probably. Others? Not a chance in hell.

I never said all the suggestions will apply to all workers. Not even sure how you would jump to that conclusion. I don’t even care if they do all of the suggestions. Some is better than none. But no plan is pretty much what we have now.

The other stations in the market have had more discussions than my station. Even other SBG stations have better plans. Good news is 25-66 management finally seems to be having some discussions... Doubt that we’d be even this far without the questions many of us have been asking of management. Hopefully next week we’ll get even more. Progress is progress. But leaders need to start leading.
So what is their plan? They must be doing something.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:13 pm

Ask your buddies at the White Horse (two words)... I’m self quarantining myself with a bottle of Jack Daniels.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:27 pm

sinklair wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:13 pm
Ask your buddies at the White Horse (two words)... I’m self quarantining myself with a bottle of Jack Daniels.
Jack Daniels? You sound more like a wine spritzer kind a guy.
So, essentially you're saying you don't know.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:32 am

I definitely know the difference between wine spritzer and JD. I’m pretty sure you’re a Zima type of guy... but you digress again by taking a serious, current topic affecting stations and it’s employees again off topic.

If you know so much and are as well connected as you say you are, you will know the baby steps that were taken Friday. But you don’t. You don’t offer any solutions. You don’t offer any details. You just like to troll from the sidelines.

It’s embarrassing that a so-called broadcaster can’t take reasonable steps to protect the people that will be needed to keep them on the air if there happens to be a major outbreak. The accountant in chief, ASSistant GM, HR Director/party planner, and the “in over her head” News Director all preach that prior planning prevents piss poor performance... but I guess that only applies to front line workers Because 25-66 is definitely behind many other stations when it comes to planning. And it’s been noticed by the entire station.

The engineering and IT team likes to pat themselves on the back about how they’re the best in the market, but they’ve been more focused on finding ways for the sales team to work off site than finding ways for the news-production-master control to limit exposure. What the Director of Declining Sales doesn’t appreciate is that his clients won’t have anything to buy if we can’t do our jobs. This will be our future... “Let’s head to Mid-Michigan NOW’s Dave Bondy who is now quarantined in his basement for the latest Coronavirus update... Keeping It Really Real! Sh*t Hits The Fan Edition! brought to you by the cancelled Cornhole Championship Series.”

It seems only pressure by the employees are making any difference in getting management off their entitled *sses. That’s why I’m not going anywhere.

The White Horse (two words) is kicking us out... so it’s time to call it a night. But I’ll be back tomorrow to call out Beer’s Zima-loving BS!

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:41 am

How is this a real thing?

https://nbc25news.com/news/nation-world ... -211613453

We have to remind people (Beer, listen up) that you shouldn’t drink bleach to prevent the Coronavirus...

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:02 am

sinklair wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:32 am
I definitely know the difference between wine spritzer and JD. I’m pretty sure you’re a Zima type of guy... but you digress again by taking a serious, current topic affecting stations and it’s employees again off topic.

If you know so much and are as well connected as you say you are, you will know the baby steps that were taken Friday. But you don’t. You don’t offer any solutions. You don’t offer any details. You just like to troll from the sidelines.

It’s embarrassing that a so-called broadcaster can’t take reasonable steps to protect the people that will be needed to keep them on the air if there happens to be a major outbreak. The accountant in chief, ASSistant GM, HR Director/party planner, and the “in over her head” News Director all preach that prior planning prevents piss poor performance... but I guess that only applies to front line workers Because 25-66 is definitely behind many other stations when it comes to planning. And it’s been noticed by the entire station.

The engineering and IT team likes to pat themselves on the back about how they’re the best in the market, but they’ve been more focused on finding ways for the sales team to work off site than finding ways for the news-production-master control to limit exposure. What the Director of Declining Sales doesn’t appreciate is that his clients won’t have anything to buy if we can’t do our jobs. This will be our future... “Let’s head to Mid-Michigan NOW’s Dave Bondy who is now quarantined in his basement for the latest Coronavirus update... Keeping It Really Real! Sh*t Hits The Fan Edition! brought to you by the cancelled Cornhole Championship Series.”

It seems only pressure by the employees are making any difference in getting management off their entitled *sses. That’s why I’m not going anywhere.

The White Horse (two words) is kicking us out... so it’s time to call it a night. But I’ll be back tomorrow to call out Beer’s Zima-loving BS!
Having non-essential people work from home is obvious, and a good thing.
So that’s it?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:10 am

Having essential people not get infected probably does more to control the spread of disease. That’s it!

Whew... when Beer didn’t respond immediately I was worried that he’d mistaken bleach for Zima. Glad you’re back to gaslighting again this morning, buddy!

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:23 am

sinklair wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:10 am
Having essential people not get infected probably does more to control the spread of disease. That’s it!

Whew... when Beer didn’t respond immediately I was worried that he’d mistaken bleach for Zima. Glad you’re back to gaslighting again this morning, buddy!
Controlling the virus is important.
They are doing the right thing.
Anything else?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:29 am

Lovin: good one. But remember Beer doesn’t work at 25-66 (wink, wink)

Plus, if Beer did work here, he wouldn’t be in a “cubicle”... he’d be so far up the GM’s butt that there’s no chance he’d be exposed to Coronavirus!

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:51 am

sinklair wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:29 am
Lovin: good one. But remember Beer doesn’t work at 25-66 (wink, wink)

Plus, if Beer did work here, he wouldn’t be in a “cubicle”... he’d be so far up the GM’s butt that there’s no chance he’d be exposed to Coronavirus!
Stink and Lovin. Just like chocolate and peanut butter. They are perfect together!

Herm

Post by Herm » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:18 pm

sinklair wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:13 pm
Sinklair must work in the department of redundancy department.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:49 pm

Herm: some people like Beer aren’t the brightest bulb in the studio... and therefore like most commercials, you need to hear it 5 to 105 times in order to comprehend what’s being said. Beer is apparently at the upper end of that range. The Zima apparently has killed off all his good brain cells...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic