Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ya know Detroit pro sports has hit rock bottom when...

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Ya know Detroit pro sports has hit rock bottom when...

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:55 am

...a matchup on FSN involving the Pistons against the best team in the NBA draws a 0.28 rating in Adults 18-49! :lol

...the day that Tigers opening day single game tickets go on sale draws a spectacular turnout of SIX WHOLE FANS at the open of business. :lol (...as reported by the Detroit Free Press)

Matt

Re: Ya know Detroit pro sports has hit rock bottom when...

Post by Matt » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:01 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:55 am
...a matchup on FSN involving the Pistons against the best team in the NBA draws a 0.28 rating in Adults 18-49! :lol

...the day that Tigers opening day single game tickets go on sale draws a spectacular turnout of SIX WHOLE FANS at the open of business. :lol (...as reported by the Detroit Free Press)
It's a sad state of affairs when I feel the most confident of the future of the historically terrible Red Wings. The Lions are probably #2 on that list.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:04 pm

Lions will always be #4 on that list, until they win a playoff game. Maybe by 2050...
Pistons are probably the best of the Detroit teams, and no one cares.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:56 pm

For now, I agree with Matt's order. We'll see what the Pistons do in the offseason personnel wise.

Their chances of landing a top three pick are looking better and better.

Realist

Post by Realist » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:54 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:

Call me crazy but I bought tickets on Friday online. Then again, it was for Lou’s number retirement ceremony in August and I needed to make sure I got 4 tickets right behind home plate...

SteveS

Post by SteveS » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:48 am

I used to love the NBA way back but I seldom watch it anymore. I find the absolute obsession with the three pointer to be maddening. Steph Curry is a fantastic shooter but I don't find it to be the least big interesting watching him fling up nonstop attempts all throughout the games. I remember watching an old NBA Hardwood Classics game from I think the early 80's on ESPN Classic or NBA TV a few months back and there were zero three pointer attempts in the first half and I think only two or three in the second half which I found to be way more enjoyable. Not against the three pointer as it has its place but nowadays it is out of control.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:09 am

There are sizable portions of the state where a non-Detroit pro team (mostly Cubs or Packers) is higher on the pecking order than the Pistons

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:35 pm

I took it as team most likely to win. Yes, the Pistons are #4 in terms of popularity, and only exceed that when they have a real playoff run. I still think they have the best shot of winning out of the four. The Lions have been a joke for decades and I won’t buy into them until they win a playoff game. 1991 was so long ago.

Agreed about Cubs and Packers being more popular than the Pistons, depending on where you are in the state. How popular are the Milwaukee teams in the UP or around Muskegon/Ludington?

Bull Shannon

Post by Bull Shannon » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:23 am

fuzzpower wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:35 pm
How popular are the Milwaukee teams in the UP or around Muskegon/Ludington?
I don't think Milwaukee teams have much, if any, following around here. People are either loyal Detroit fans, Packers fans (as football goes), Chicago fans, or fans of any other team, or don't care about pro sports - roughly in that order.

DAC

Post by DAC » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:59 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:

So true.. But somehow I think they are likely doing worse now with professional Poker being their main programming. :P

I'm hoping FSD can conjure up some classic Tigers games from the 80s (would be great to hear George & Al call a few games) as well as some classics from the other teams.

sfpcc

Post by sfpcc » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:50 pm

[quote="Bull Shannon" post_id=599480 time=1584195826 user_id=490]
[quote=fuzzpower post_id=597219 time=1582576555 user_id=14957]
How popular are the Milwaukee teams in the UP or around Muskegon/Ludington?
[/quote]

I don't think Milwaukee teams have much, if any, following around here. People are either loyal Detroit fans, Packers fans (as football goes), Chicago fans, or fans of any other team, or don't care about pro sports - roughly in that order.
[/quote]

When I went to Northern Michigan it seem loyalties were split between Brewers and Tigers Fans. I noticed the Tigers fans were from places on the eastern part of the UP, (such as Newberry) and the Brewer fans were from places closer the the Wisconsin border, (Iron Mountain, Stephenson.)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic