Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Sweet Chocolate Jesus

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Lester The Nightfly

Sweet Chocolate Jesus

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:15 pm

Guess who Trump* is considering for the position of National Director of Intelligence?

None other than Michigan's own Pete Hoekstra.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/2 ... ief-116327

I've met the man a couple of times and can without reservation report that Hoekstra is the polar opposite of anything resembling Intelligence. He's not just an garden-variety idiot, in my estimation he's a world-class, award winning idiot.
I have little doubt he has his supporters around here and that's fine. If you're comfortable with a guy who I've witnessed having trouble tying his shoelaces together as your Director of Intelligence, great, it's on your if the shit hit the fan. Read up on him and his performance regarding Iraq WMD's as well as the Operation Iraqi Freedom documents he thought would be a good idea to post online.

We're doomed if this happens but at this point I'm just happy my passport is up to date if I need to bug out quickly...
Last edited by Lester The Nightfly on Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

bmw

Re: Sweet Chocolate Jesus

Post by bmw » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:19 pm

Hey asshat - you forgot the asterisk after Trump's name.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:35 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:19 pm

So did you. :blink

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:08 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:19 pm
Fixed. Thx.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:23 pm

It would appear Hoekstra is too stupid even for Trump*. He's nominating John Radcliffe. You may remember him from getting his nomination pulled for the position seven months ago for padding his resume and not being qualified.

Hang in there Pete, if Ratcliffe gets dumped twice you still might have a chance. Sloppy second's (although I guess it would be thirds), as it were...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic