Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

History In Grand Rapids

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
MrsWarmth

History In Grand Rapids

Post by MrsWarmth » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:10 am

ImageCumulus Media is proud to announce that The Gray and Green Show on Top 40 WHTS (105.3 Hot FM)/Grand Rapids, MI has been honored by the Michigan Association of Broadcasters with two MAB Broadcast Excellence Awards in the Commercial & Network Radio category: 1) Best Morning Show Broadcast Personality or Team and 2) Best Feature/Use of Medium. The Gray and Green Show debuted on 105.3 Hot FM in August 2019 and is billed as the first and only morning radio show in West Michigan hosted by two female personalities — Rachael Gray (left) and Jackie Green (right).

Bruce Law, VP/Market Manager of Cumulus West Michigan, said, “We are thrilled that this dynamic and empowering show has achieved such incredible recognition. Rachael and Jackie connect with our listeners in an incomparable way, and it’s gratifying that their talent and particular brand of broadcast magic is resonating far and wide.”

Lori Bennett, OM/PD of 105.3 Hot FM, commented, “It’s unprecedented both in the market and in the state for a team this new to take the MAB’s top honor of ‘Best’ and in a remarkably short period of time. The merit award for Best Feature/Use of Medium recognizes their Intersex Awareness Day (Jackie is Intersex and an advocate) is also very timely and sends a message of inclusivity we appreciate as well. People outside the state and market vote on these submissions, so there’s no ‘campaigning,’ and that makes it even more special.”

Gray commented, “Having watched on the sidelines as our industry peers won this award in the past, it’s so gratifying for me personally to imagine that the judges believed in us the way we believe in each other! Our relationship on and off the air is based on mutual respect and collaboration, and I truly think that helped set us apart from other entries.” Green added, “Sharing our friendship with West Michigan has been the most rewarding part of my career. To win an MAB for this — and so early into our time as a show has me… probably for the first time in my life… speechless!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: History In Grand Rapids

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:28 am

I guess ratings don't matter!

Political correctness does.

Are you guys done driving WLAV off a cliff yet? What you've done to destroy such a great station in such a short period of time sickens me.

Doktor No

Post by Doktor No » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:51 pm

Why I have Sirius Radio.

farmer161

Post by farmer161 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:08 pm

Unread post by Doktor No » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:51 pm

Why I have Sirius Radio.

What he said...honestly never heard of them.

Realist

Post by Realist » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:38 pm

Was in GR last week for training. Listened to Jackie doing middays on LAV - OMG does she sound out of place on a classic rock station! Top 40 / CHR jock at best.

I agree that she’s part of the reason that their ratings have dropped....

JGP1954

Post by JGP1954 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:52 pm

At least, they're HOTT!!!! Nice Rackage!

handbanana

Post by handbanana » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:53 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:28 am
I guess ratings don't matter! Political correctness does.
While I'm sure that a couple of man haters and white knights loved having an all female show on the ballot, I don't think it's about political correctness. Remember, the MAB is pay to play, not merit. You have to pay to be a part of the awards.

Back when I was at Clear Channel we only submitted WOOD AM as it was considered 'prestigious' since they were a news station. Even though they had monster shows like Neal & Reese and Steve & Sabrina, they never submitted them, so they're probably not submitting current shows. Also I don't believe Townsquare has submitted any shows since they took over from Regent, so currently no FBHW or Connie & Fish either.

So the only competition would be inside the building IF they allowed it, and that's only Tony Gates at this point, right? So it's probably more of a matter of attrition. It would be great if the MAB didn't demand even MORE fees from their members to submit for awards, it would make things much more interesting.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:25 pm

That explains a lot! Thank you for the insight. :)

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:55 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:28 am
I guess ratings don't matter!

Political correctness does.

Are you guys done driving WLAV off a cliff yet? What you've done to destroy such a great station in such a short period of time sickens me.
Ding!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic