Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Holy Toledo Radio Confusion

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
WOHO

Holy Toledo Radio Confusion

Post by WOHO » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:22 am

Let me see if I have this mess straight at the low end of the FM dial in Toledo.
WBCL, from Fort Wayne is on 90.3MHz, but that has nothing to do with WOTL, 90.3 Harold Camp's Family Radio station?

Instead, 88.9MHz (WTPG) with a blazing 11KW (how did they get that much power?) simulcasts WBCL's programming on 88.9 MHz from "Whitehouse, OH" - in other words, actually in Middleton Township, West of Luckey, or 4 miles NE BG airport, from the same tower that already has WPFX 107.7 and 89.7 WNOC? (anybody else on that tower, and who owns that tower?)

And to make matters more confusing, there is a WBCY on 89.5 from Archbold (are they on WMTR's tower)?
So did I get all that straight?

80sTalkRadioFan

Re: Holy Toledo Radio Confusion

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:40 am

LOL...I think you did. Is WYSZ-FM 89.3 (aka YES FM) on that tower as well? I know they used to use WLMB-TV 40's tower. Not sure if they still do, or if they have another tower site now.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:01 pm

There is a second pair of FM antennae on the WRQN tower at OH25 and OH582, but I assume that is for their AUX transmitter perhaps, rather than another broadcaster? Don't know where YES-FM ended-up after the WLMB (Michigan?) movement?

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:40 pm

WOHO wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:01 pm
There is a second pair of FM antennae on the WRQN tower at OH25 and OH582, but I assume that is for their AUX transmitter perhaps, rather than another broadcaster? Don't know where YES-FM ended-up after the WLMB (Michigan?) movement?
825 Capital Commons Dr, Toledo, OH, which can be seen from Angola and Reynolds Rds. This is according to: https://radio-locator.com/info/WYSZ-FM

FCC shows the same location as well.

80sTalkRadioFan

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:24 pm

Thanks TeddyBear. That lower band certainly has gotten more crowded in the last few years. I guess there are still enough loyal listeners to fund all those religious stations and keep those towers functioning.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:09 am

80sTalkRadioFan wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:24 pm
Thanks TeddyBear. That lower band certainly has gotten more crowded in the last few years. I guess there are still enough loyal listeners to fund all those religious stations and keep those towers functioning.
True. However, I must remind those of us that discriminatory stations- on air and in office- cannot legally get tax dollars of any kind. Creating their own separation of church and state. A station can be Christian and family oriented... but cannot be discriminatory or project hate speech towards current protected groups. This is no longer 1964.

ChrisWL1980

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:04 pm

I've never heard hateful or bigoted content on K-Love or Smile FM, and as uninspired and cookie-cutter as the modern CCM music can be, I like that those stations stay away from political talk and keep it positive. In fact, many conservative evangelical types condemn K-Love for not being conservative or preachy ENOUGH.

For what it's worth, American Family Association owns a number of stations across the country and they're an SPLC designated hate group. Their Urban Family Talk format was heard on 1520 WPAY before that station went to K-Love Classics. In Michigan, they own one station in Muskegon.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic