Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Senate Trump Trial

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Senate Trump Trial

Post by bmw » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:48 pm

Trump's Real Clear Politics approval average just hit an all-time high at 45.6.

Yep, this impeachment is sure taking its toll on him. NOT.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:55 pm

Wait until Bolton starts talking.

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:20 pm

I thought the left hated Bolton. Suddenly he has credibility?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:55 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:20 pm
A enemy of an enemy is a friend, or at least democrats think so right now.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:10 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:55 pm
bmw wrote:
A enemy of an enemy is a friend, or at least democrats think so right now.
I know you guys like to pigeonhole all the "left" and "libtards" etc., as one group who thinks completely alike....but as far as I am concerned, I always thought he was overly-hawkish. However, I never denied his "credibility". I preferred him in the White House since he at least had a brain and could think cognitively as opposed to our psycho president. He certainly knows where the bodies are buried.

And as far as who has turned face, you really should turn on your beloved Fox News now to see how he is all of a sudden getting bashed completely by the network that employed him for a decade.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:29 pm

I didn't vote for Trump. Were independent thinkers here, Bolton is smart, but is a hawk. Trump is not hawk.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:11 pm

bmw wrote:
They don’t like him but he was there and they’d like to hear what he has to say...

McConnell admits he does not have the votes to block witnesses as of now. Several of the vulnerable Republicans (the Senate is very much in play) must be getting nervous right now...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:14 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:11 pm
bmw wrote:
They don’t like him but he was there and they’d like to hear what he has to say...

McConnell admits he does not have the votes to block witnesses as of now. Several of the vulnerable Republicans (the Senate is very much in play) must be getting nervous right now...
Why would McConnell want to block witnesses? Isn't it the purpose of the trial to get the evidence in front of the jurors?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:32 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:14 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:11 pm
bmw wrote:

Why would McConnell want to block witnesses? Isn't it the purpose of the trial to get the evidence in front of the jurors?
It’s a political act. His purpose is to get it over as soon as possible with as little damage to Trump as possible. About 75% of the public wants to hear from witnesses and that’s across 3 different polls. Bolton could potentially cause major problems McConnell would love to avoid at all costs.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:46 am

It’s astounding how ill Trump is. And even more astounding how those not ill around him treat him as if he’s mentally healthy!

Of course to do so they must ignore their own strong feelings that something is scary wrong with the guy. And playing that game actually wears them out. To the point of giving up and leaving his sphere of influence. Or - giving OUT - and becoming weak, physically exhausted, or physically ill.

I always wonder about his victims who were sucked in to his manipulation and con job, have ended up behind bars, or in some other outcast landscape - and are now writing or have written books of warning, or are entertaining some type of payback - such as doing interviews or analysis. Again - with a goal to warn others by exposing their own regrettable dealings with Trump’s sick mind.

This Senate trial is nothing but another typical Trump show featuring another chorus line of his latest yes men executing his orders and schemes to unjustly keep his ass out of a self-caused sling - so he can continue to demolish with delight all he touches.

Sicko. And then some.

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:02 am

Funny how just two days ago, the media was practically having a group orgasm over the possibility of witnesses being called. And now that it looks like that is NOT going to happen, the media is in a much more somber mood, barely reporting on this issue any more. CNN's headline this morning is "Impeachment trial to end but its aftershocks will rock America."

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:18 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:02 am
Funny how just two days ago, the media was practically having a group orgasm over the possibility of witnesses being called. And now that it looks like that is NOT going to happen, the media is in a much more somber mood, barely reporting on this issue any more. CNN's headline this morning is "Impeachment trial to end but its aftershocks will rock America."
In a situation where the outcome is already known and there is no excitement or what if left... what’s to be excited about?

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:46 am

I keep thinking what a cruel joke God played on us all taking John McCain from us. The one Republican in the senate with a pair of testicles and enough true patriotism to stand up to the disaster in the White House, and he is gone from this world. You know how he would have voted here.

Always get amazed at the Trump supporters too who were not sickened by the remarks that our shit-for-brains president made about this true American hero. Republicans AND Democrats need people of his character in their parties.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:49 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:46 am
I keep thinking what a cruel joke God played on us all taking John McCain from us. The one Republican in the senate with a pair of testicles and enough true patriotism to stand up to the disaster in the White House, and he is gone from this world. You know how he would have voted here.

Always get amazed at the Trump supporters too who were not sickened by the remarks that our shit-for-brains president made about this true American hero. Republicans AND Democrats need people of his character in their parties.
John McCain stood up to the diaster in the White House?

Hardly. He kissed Obama ass at every turn.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:03 am

Bryce wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:49 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:46 am

John McCain stood up to the diaster in the White House?

Hardly. He kissed Obama ass at every turn.
Trump is the referenced disaster. Obama was hardly a disaster.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic