Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

New Graphics at WJBK, WXYZ

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MisterT

New Graphics at WJBK, WXYZ

Post by MisterT » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:28 am

WJBK recently updated their graphics. These are new, standardized FOX O&O graphics. Fox 2 has gone with the blue version, while other Fox stations have a white version. Personally, I like them a lot better than what they had. I wish they would update their traffic graphics in the morning, the map animation is constantly freezing.

WXYZ will soon be debuting a new standardized Scipps graphic package. There have been elements of the new graphics already in use for the keen eye. Some packages have included full screen text graphics which are the new package, the slate at the end of the newscast has a cut from the new music coming and there have been some weather and investigation promos airing the new graphics. From what I've seen at other stations WFTS for example, they are incredibly flat and boring. It seems like Scripps wanted a Tenga graphics version for their stations. Here is an example of what is to come from TVNewstalk:

https://forums.tvnewstalk.net/topic/174 ... /#comments

Rate This

Re: New Graphics at WJBK, WXYZ

Post by Rate This » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:48 am

MisterT wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:28 am
WJBK recently updated their graphics. These are new, standardized FOX O&O graphics. Fox 2 has gone with the blue version, while other Fox stations have a white version. Personally, I like them a lot better than what they had. I wish they would update their traffic graphics in the morning, the map animation is constantly freezing.

WXYZ will soon be debuting a new standardized Scipps graphic package. There have been elements of the new graphics already in use for the keen eye. Some packages have included full screen text graphics which are the new package, the slate at the end of the newscast has a cut from the new music coming and there have been some weather and investigation promos airing the new graphics. From what I've seen at other stations WFTS for example, they are incredibly flat and boring. It seems like Scripps wanted a Tenga graphics version for their stations. Here is an example of what is to come from TVNewstalk:

https://forums.tvnewstalk.net/topic/174 ... /#comments
The text boxes 7 has been using are not from the new package. Unless they’ve been messing with them on the morning show when I’m asleep. 7 had a bunch of custom graphics made for various things a while ago. They also are not using the chime over the copyright graphic yet, I’ve only heard it just the one time.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:04 am

WWJ also had some new graphics for their weather this morning.

MisterT

Post by MisterT » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:30 am

The text boxes 7 has been using are not from the new package. Unless they’ve been messing with them on the morning show when I’m asleep. 7 had a bunch of custom graphics made for various things a while ago. They also are not using the chime over the copyright graphic yet, I’ve only heard it just the one time.
You can see the graphics I'm referring to at the 1:30 mark in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sylVaIaOWM

I'm pretty sure they are new?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:04 pm

MisterT wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:30 am
You can see the graphics I'm referring to at the 1:30 mark in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sylVaIaOWM

I'm pretty sure they are new?
Nope 2018 or 19, it’s more weird custom stuff. If you don’t see a H*** 7 in the background and lots of dark blue than it isn’t new. Boring? Yes. Easy to tell? Indeed.

MisterT

Post by MisterT » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:25 pm

Thank you for clarifying, I was not sure. According to users at TVNewstalk, WXYZ should be getting the new graphics soon, seems like Scripps wants them out by the Superbowl.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:17 pm

I like the WJBK graphics. Much more modern and up to date.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:01 pm

WXMI, Fox 17 in Grand Rapids got the new Scripps graphics last night.

WSYM in Lansing will probably get them very soon. Maybe this fall.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:21 pm

Now WXMI switched back to the old graphics. I wonder why,

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:18 am

Good decision on their part!

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:07 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:18 am
Good decision on their part!
Let’s see how long them going rogue will last, as all Scripps stations are suppose to show the new graphics. Didn’t work out too well with WITI in their first stint as a Fox O&O.

Update: apparently, Saturday was only a test run. The full graphics will be coming soon.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic