Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Guess The Cocktail

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Bryce

Guess The Cocktail

Post by Bryce » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:19 pm

Discovered this little ditty while visiting Cancun.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Re: Guess The Cocktail

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:28 am

Cancun? Don't know the cocktail but I expect it involves tequila. Looks like beer.

One of your photos?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:34 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:28 am
Cancun? Don't know the cocktail but I expect it involves tequila. Looks like beer.

One of your photos?
Took that with my cell phone last night right after I made it. It has no tequila, but the appearance gives a big clue to the name of the cocktail.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:20 pm

The name of this drink is called a Little Beer.

1.5 oz of Liqor 43 (Spain)
with a half teaspoon of heavy cream floated on top.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:46 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:20 pm
The name of this drink is called a Little Beer.

1.5 oz of Liqor 43 (Spain)
with a half teaspoon of heavy cream floated on top.

So, how was it? As good as real beer? How do they say it in Spanish?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:20 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:46 pm
So, how was it? As good as real beer? How do they say it in Spanish?
Pequeno Cervesa.

Although it gets it's name from the appearance, it tastes nothing like beer.

Cuarenta Y Tres or 43 is a liqueur that is very vanilla forward with hints of spices and citrus, maybe a touch of coco and is quite nice to sip by itself with a coffee at the end of the day.

The little beer is kind of designed as a "shooter". The heavy cream on top smooths the whole thing out and makes it easy to down in one gulp. They are quite tasty, if you like vanilla.

Another drink I make with it I call a Dreamsicle. 1 oz. Liqor 43, 1.5 oz vodka and 2 oz. orange juice. Shaken well and poured over ice. Tastes like a adult Creamsicle that we used to enjoy as kids. It's VERY popular with the ladies.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic