Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

13.6 and .7

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
Deleted User 15062

13.6 and .7

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:12 am

Rabbitears.info reports that WTVG will have a few changes in a few days. Dabl is being added, along with Circle. WX Nation will be on 13.7.

Meanwhile, color bar test pattern remains for weeks now on 48.2, where THIS! was.

windsor

Re: 13.6 and .7

Post by windsor » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:38 am

glad WTVG is keeping WX Nation....Im a frequent viewer.

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:00 pm

So far, nothing moved or new yet, beyond the hick channel. A friend of mine said 13.7 had 13.1's feed on it this morning. 13.7 did not scan in for me though.

Circle looks worse than what MeTV was on 11.2. Would hate to see the pixelation and other artifacts on cable, which is not as clean as using an antenna. The bug is very pixelated.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:15 pm

Dabl?

BARF. One of the worst diginets out there.

Toledo Eleven

Post by Toledo Eleven » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:19 pm

TeddyBear wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:12 am

Meanwhile, color bar test pattern remains for weeks now on 48.2, where THIS! was.
And it looks like 48.1 is all infomercials, now.

Vintage Toledo & Detroit TV Stations Print Ads at
http://vintagetoledotv.squarespace.com/

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:22 pm

Speaking of "Channel 48" which still shows up as diginets of CH36 RF, they did improve the video greatly on Cozi, but Antenna TV is still not decent at all. I'm afraid that WTVG is going to have too many diginets and then we'll lose the improved video of MeTV, which is so much better from WTVG than it ever was on WTOL.
Who do we contact about CH 48 getting their virtual channels fixed, their CC and their program descriptions active?

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:14 pm

WOHO wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:22 pm
Speaking of "Channel 48" which still shows up as diginets of CH36 RF, they did improve the video greatly on Cozi, but Antenna TV is still not decent at all. I'm afraid that WTVG is going to have too many diginets and then we'll lose the improved video of MeTV, which is so much better from WTVG than it ever was on WTOL.
Who do we contact about CH 48 getting their virtual channels fixed, their CC and their program descriptions active?
Contacting WMNT did nothing for me. I even was called a "queer" from a mid-aged black woman as I attempted to inform them about some issues.

As for Cozi, the quality always had been better... 360i, similar to You Tube quality. Yet, the aspect ratio is still squeezed, forcing the potential viewer to "widen" the aspect ratio manually, if they have automatic aspect ratio detection. Antenna TV is maybe 128i? But then again, I notice the actual show quality lately on old shows is really bad. It all started out with Mama's Family on MeTV... then went from there. That show quality is allot worse than the slowest VHS quality.

The FCC needs minimum bandwidth standards, like they have on color thesholds, brightness, etc. But the FCC seems to have mostly turned a blind eye on this station.

Some Guy from Toledo

Post by Some Guy from Toledo » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:55 am

TeddyBear wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:14 pm
WOHO wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:22 pm
Contacting WMNT did nothing for me. I even was called a "queer" from a mid-aged black woman as I attempted to inform them about some issues.
Now that's really ridiculous.
As for Cozi, the quality always had been better... 360i, similar to You Tube quality. Yet, the aspect ratio is still squeezed, forcing the potential viewer to "widen" the aspect ratio manually, if they have automatic aspect ratio detection. Antenna TV is maybe 128i? But then again, I notice the actual show quality lately on old shows is really bad. It all started out with Mama's Family on MeTV... then went from there. That show quality is allot worse than the slowest VHS quality.

The FCC needs minimum bandwidth standards, like they have on color thesholds, brightness, etc. But the FCC seems to have mostly turned a blind eye on this station.
And a shame too. I still wish they were bought by this company...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DTV_America

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:24 pm

I am not so sure that DTV America would be the answer. If you saw the listings on your link, there are copious amounts of "silent" in the far right column, under "stations." Bad sign.

On the quality issue again... if you notice the spots are much cleaner than the show, itself. Every network should be telling the distributor that they only will air certain bitrates and above. MeTV in Chicago never listened, when I called and told them that. I told them DVD's should never be cleaner than their shows. That could detract viewers. However, the spots are clean... showing us they only want to make money. I tend to only watch Cozi, for the most part these days.

As for the local quality... notice how Antenna TV is so much cleaner on TV20. Analog switching equipment should not degrade 48's diginets as bad as they are degraded.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:12 pm

WTVG finally overdid it. The country crap is a waste. Worse yet, MeTV video processing took a hit on quality, and watching BlueBloods there was digital artifacts. They've got two too many digitnets and should wait until the 3rd generation of DTV comes along to add that many subnets. The WX Nation, (as of Wednesday night) still have the same video quality, but the country station video was worse than should be OTA. Sorry WTVG, too much junk on there now, buy-up "CH48" and fix that hellhole using two 720's and two 480's and keep your quality that you once had on your WTVG stick.

BTW, any damage from the lightning strike that the WTVG tower took during a thundersnow direct hit a week or so back? Ham radio on that tower seems to still be working too. Also of note, weekend weather guy let out that their on-air radar composite was a combination from the DTW and CLE radars (and probably IWX), but no mention of Super Doppler 1300 being in operation anymore, or does it still work and they are 'saving it' for use only for Mayflies in the summer?

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:55 pm

WOHO wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:12 pm
...buy-up "CH48" and fix that hellhole using two 720's and two 480's and keep your quality that you once had on your WTVG stick.
Not 1 diginet on WMNT 48.x is remotely 720p feed. Reason- not 1 show was even recorded in HD. What a waste to do that at this point, til the HD shows get on AntennaTV and Cozi... if the networks stay.

Edit- Why would GTN (Gray Televison) want to spend money to fix a station up that is a low power? I can see a full power station. But purchasing a low power station and buying new equipment, updating old equipment, rebranding, adding a new sales force, etc. would cost too much. Not many stockholders would want to refurbish a station that gets almost no eyeballs in it's own DMA. Doesn't make any business sense.

WOHO wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:12 pm
Also of note, weekend weather guy let out that their on-air radar composite was a combination from the DTW and CLE radars (and probably IWX), but no mention of Super Doppler 1300 being in operation anymore, or does it still work and they are 'saving it' for use only for Mayflies in the summer?
Told you all a few years back this. Gray took over and defunded all the local radars. You may remember that I specifically mentioned WNDU and 13abc. Funny thing... Jay Bershback did a special on how Live Doppler 13000 is better than NWS radars... then Live Doppler 13000 went away 4 months later. Kinda pointless to have aired that special.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:58 pm

There is now a 13.7 tonight. It is airing WXN. So 13.6 and 13.7 are both WXN for now.

Tin Foil Antenna

Post by Tin Foil Antenna » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:35 am

Weird that its the same program cause TitanTV and Rabbit ears listings say that 13.6 is "Dabl" but its not what is on the channel. I am just glad they didn't squeeze the bits out of MeTV. Flintstones looked respectable last night, lets hope it stays that way.

TV is Just Radio With Pictures

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:55 am

So how many rescans do we have to do on the OTA TV's and TiVO's?
More subs on WTVG, okay, and then the clustercluck of all the 36.x subnets,
and which ones belong to WUPW and which ones don't have their PSIP pointing as 48.x subnets?

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:58 am

Tin Foil Antenna wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:35 am
Weird that its the same program cause TitanTV and Rabbit ears listings say that 13.6 is "Dabl" but its not what is on the channel. I am just glad they didn't squeeze the bits out of MeTV. Flintstones looked respectable last night, lets hope it stays that way.
They can go alittle further down on WXN. The thing about at least 11 is that 11.1 is 1080i. Sure, it looks good for the 1 channel. However, it makes the rest look crappy. Personally, I am not a fan of any more than .4's, 720p max on the .1. Remember, if fed 480i widescreen, that eats up more bandwidth from other subchannels.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic