Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Cuts at Beasley Detroit

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Cuts at Beasley Detroit

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:44 am

Good lord...

I hope we aren't stuck with the god awful Jade in middays at WRIF!

Even worse...might Dahmer slide over from WCSX?

I'm surprised WRIF and WCSX maintained separate PDs for as long as they did, especially given Tarrants' long tenure programming WGRD..

I think Donielle Flynn should take over middays at CSX; she is excellent.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:48 am

If I were 106.7 WLLZ, I'd hire Anne Carlini in a heartbeat.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:30 am

Anne Carlini? What the fuck...why!?

Yeah, Wheels, pick up on her. Quick.

Unreal. Absolute pro.

Edit: i just read the whole list. That's a Goddamn shame. Happy New Year! Here's your pink slip. Fuckers.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

EdWalker

Post by EdWalker » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:12 pm

In what crazy, fucked up world how does a company fire the PD who has brought your station (November 2019 PPM) ratings #1 18-34 Adults, #1 18-49 Adults and #1 25-54 Adults?
Last edited by EdWalker on Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted User 3751

Post by Deleted User 3751 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:14 pm

Anne Carlini has the best female voice in Detroit radio, hands down in my book. My prediction is she will be on the air soon somewhere else, she is too much of an on air talent to not get picked up.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:23 pm

What a shame. Anne was there for so long, it seemed. I agree that Wheelz needs to pick her up ASAP. Only question is, what timeslot
would they put her in?

Wonder if Juline heads over to Wheelz as well?

I'm thinking that Dinero and Pennington move to a different market entirely, as it's likely that another station in Detroit won't pick them up.

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:54 pm

Wow. WRIF has been killing it and then this. Get rid of Casey at WLLZ and hire that guy stat! It seems to me he actually knows how to program.

EdWalker

Post by EdWalker » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:16 pm

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:23 pm
What a shame. Anne was there for so long, it seemed. I agree that Wheelz needs to pick her up ASAP. Only question is, what timeslot would they put her in?
Don't count on it anytime soon. Usually a decent severance package is tied to a non-compete for a period of time. Might have already been in their employment agreement.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:08 pm

Echo the thoughts on Anne Carlini. Wasn’t she at WNIC back in the 80s? Seems she has been around forever, which also means she likely makes a decent salary.

Julene Jordan, no loss. Never really cared for her,

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:52 pm

I'll be honest - more often than not, I've not been terribly impressed by Pennington's programming abilities.

I still remember the extended stretches where WRIF's audio processing sounded absolutely miserable! The brand imaging isn't very creative (and hasn't been for many years).

There've been stretches where the music didn't sound that great - including this past spring. Thankfully, that has gotten quite a bit better in recent months.

The Saturday morning show he co-hosted with Andy Green and Jade for the past several years was rotten.

I also remember a period of time a few years back where the jocks weren't allowed to say much of anything on the air, aside from contest & station event plugs and telling us which song is coming up next. Not sure if neutering the air talent was his call or someone else's.

hmtb44

Post by hmtb44 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:54 pm

bummed for all. Anne is a legend and needs to be on WLLZ asap. talked to Julene a few times, very nice person .

windsor

Post by windsor » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:14 pm

I also agree on Anne needs to join Wheelz asap. Looks like Beasley isn't grasping that Detroit radio listeners are very attached to their on air personalities and tend to follow them down the dial.

Some tweaks if Anne does join middays at 106.7...….Team Scott Miller from IOT Toledo with Trudi for morn. drive.Scott has a great on air presence and would be perfect for morn. IoT can VT him for aft drive over there since iheart owns both.

Hire Arthur P for a VT gig for sat/sun aft drive and have him do a recorded "Its the Weekend " schtick on Wheelz for Fridays.

I mention the poobah since Wheelz facebook had a pic of him and the Doc celebrating his birthday last week.Could 106.7 be wooing him into a deal.??

Let the bitching begin...…..lol.

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:03 pm

Well now, we do this every time something goes down like this. This station should hire that person! Slide this person to that station! And it never happens. So many personalities are now on the beach because name recognition isn't what it used to be. You'd get fired or quit station A and within a couple months, be on station B. They're never gonna invest in these stations. You'd THINK a station like Wheels with its history in Detroit would want very recognizable names in the rock format. Probably not gonna happen. And I certainly wouldn't count on Arthur P making any kind of return. No, we'll have someone cut a few voicetracks from Denver or St. Louis and just keep rolling with that.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

macgoldfan

Post by macgoldfan » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:24 pm

On Mark Wilson's Facebook page;Image

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic