Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Meteorologist Alana Nehring Leaving WZZM

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Localnewsisdead

Meteorologist Alana Nehring Leaving WZZM

Post by Localnewsisdead » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:19 pm

Meteorologist Alana Nehring is Leaving WZZM and the TV business and pursuing other opportunities. Here is her facebook post announcing her departure:

Ten years ago, I embarked on an adventure. I began my first job as a broadcast meteorologist in Traverse City, MI. A decade and countless memories later, I've decided that it's time for a change.

I'm beyond excited to announce that I've accepted the role of Vice President of Sales and Marketing with International Met Systems - a weather instrument company right here in Grand Rapids!

For the first time in my entire adult life, I'll have weekends and holidays off. While I cherish all of the incredible experiences I've had in the TV business (from flying with the Blue Angels to covering Hurricane Harvey to winning this year's Snow Plow Roadeo), I've missed out on some big life experiences with people that are so very dear to me. With that in mind, this is not goodbye. West Michigan is still my home and who knows, I may occasionally pop up on 13 On Your Side from time to time ;-)

The station has asked me to stay on through January while they search for my replacement and I will continue to post on my professional page as my adventures continue so I hope you'll keep in touch!

MasterB

Re: Meteorologist Alana Nehring Leaving WZZM

Post by MasterB » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:41 pm

WZZM should move Hartman to the evenings on the weekend just my opinion. All the best to Alana on the new job in the new year.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:25 am

I know I used to criticize her delivery back in the day, but her on-air skills have certainly improved in recent years. I never knew there was a weather instruments manufacturer in Grand Rapids; that's kinda cool! 8o

Best of luck to her in her new role.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:39 am

Congrats to Alana! This is the American Dream! That's even pretty tough to do in retail as well.
For the first time in my entire adult life, I'll have weekends and holidays off.

Honolulublue4life

Post by Honolulublue4life » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:18 am

So I wonder if who they hire in January will be in line to be chief once George retires or if Aaron will become chief?

organman95

Post by organman95 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:35 am

Honolulublue4life wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:18 am
So I wonder if who they hire in January will be in line to be chief once George retires or if Aaron will become chief?
Who knows. A lot of times people are brought in specifically coached to take over a high position. I believe WWTV/WWUP in Cadillac did that with Tom O'Hare (as I recall, he was hired about a year or maybe two, before Dave Barrons retired, and somewhere along the line became chief before Dave retired).

Bull Shannon

Post by Bull Shannon » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:20 pm

Well now that Aaron is leaving, too, George clearly isn't going to be able to retire anytime soon. 🙃

organman95

Post by organman95 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:37 am

Just noticed she said "10 years ago." She must not have been at 7&4 very long. I remember when Greg MacMaster left, there was a time without a third/chief meteorologist, and she left not long after Mark Watkins was hired as Chief Meteorologist (I think she had already accepted the job at WZZM and was waiting for a replacement at 7&4).

I always thought her delivery was ok. She also always stepped in to help whenever it was needed.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic