Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Now THIS is journalism

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Re: Now THIS is journalism

Post by sinklair » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:38 pm

Not sure what the Guardian added that Fonger couldn’t have reported himself. Ron’s done a great job of reporting this story from the beginning.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:15 pm

Good reporting indeed!

Flint water system customers who were affected by lead contamination should consider filing a class action lawsuit against Veolia. They were complicit in the cover-up, it would appear. While Veolia is probably truthful when it states data from water samples showing excessively high levels of lead were never disclosed to the company, their own scientists knew lead leeching from pipes was a serious risk, and yet in presentations to the general public, Veolia reportedly made zero mention of that risk.

I will say it is absolutely sickening to me to this day that Dana Nessel's office dismissed (without prejudice) criminal charges against a bevy of state & local officials who were very bad actors in this whole ordeal. If she was unprepared to prosecute the case against those individuals, she should've retained Todd Flood!!!

There might not many folks in public office - past or present - who have demonstrated poorer judgment than Gerald Ambrose. The Flint City Council unanimously voted in favor of a resolution in March 2015 to return to DWSD; he chose to completely disregard their pleas as well as the pleas from Flint residents.

Here's an interesting factoid - Mr. Ambrose was the former City Finance Director for Lansing when....(wait for it)...Virg Bernero was mayor!

in fact, Mr. Bernero offered an absolutely glowing assessment of Mr. Ambrose's character and leadershp abilities:

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/sto ... /95647920/

:barf

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:31 am

Nessel is a joke. She loves big government and those in it and they can do no wrong.

Oh but Todd Flood was too close to the governor!!! So we'll get rid of anyone that knows anything! Bzzzt, wrong answer Nessel!

If she won't enforce an state law like a partial-birth abortion ban, like she has stated, why would she give darn about excessive lead?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:47 am

Flood was lining his pockets with nothing to show for those efforts. I agree Nessel’s dismissal of the cases without a backup plan was a boneheaded idea...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:40 pm

Nothing to show for his efforts? Multiple cases were getting ready to head to trial.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:19 am

You mean 6 month long prelims? OJ was prosecuted faster... and was better organized. The judge threatened to throw out the cases numerous times due to Flood’s disorganization. I was in the courtroom when Flood was late for the umpteenth time and the judge read him the riot act.

That being said, Nessel shouldn’t have dropped the cases... delaying justice and costing taxpayers even more money.

But where are the charges against Snyder? I thought the buck stopped with him. Crickets from Nessel’s office.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:56 pm

I was in the courtroom when Flood was late for the umpteenth time and the judge read him the riot act.
I appreciate the info and perspective.
I must admit - I was completely unaware of that issue.

You & I are in complete agreement regarding Nessel's irresponsible decision to drop the cases.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:39 pm

I never understood why Dana Nessel dropped the cases in which Flint will never get the justice they will get for the Flint Water Crisis which is sad. Anyone but Nessel for AG in 2022.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic