Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Mid-Michigan Now

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
organman95

Re: Mid-Michigan Now

Post by organman95 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:23 am

Well, I made an error... UpNorthLive DID come about with Barrington. I was referring to the 6:30 29&8 UpNorthLive News, which was after Sinclair bought the stations. I *think* it was called "UpNorthLive News on 29&8" or something like that.

Herm

Post by Herm » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:44 am

organman95 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:23 am
Well, I made an error... UpNorthLive DID come about with Barrington. I was referring to the 6:30 29&8 UpNorthLive News, which was after Sinclair bought the stations. I *think* it was called "UpNorthLive News on 29&8" or something like that.
It happens.
I believe they started Up North Live around the same time that NBC25 switched to ConnectMidMichigan which, BTW, is one of the worst web addresses EVER.
What’s funny is, according to my Facebook page, I worked for Mid-Michigan Now for about 9 years. Funny... I thought it was Newscenter 25.

organman95

Post by organman95 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:38 am

Herm wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:44 am
It happens.
I believe they started Up North Live around the same time that NBC25 switched to ConnectMidMichigan which, BTW, is one of the worst web addresses EVER.
What’s funny is, according to my Facebook page, I worked for Mid-Michigan Now for about 9 years. Funny... I thought it was Newscenter 25.
Was it Newscenter 25 up to that point?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:47 am

Other than a lame name and logo change —and some staff departures — it’s the same crappy product Sinclair has always produced. That’s why these stations will remain in last place until Sinclair replaces the joke of its Flint GM and his lackey department heads... including the do-nothing News Director and the “Ass”istant GM aka Promotions Director.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:32 pm

The GM and Sinclair corporate only cares about reducing expenses and maximizing profits. They won’t pay employees more than a 1.5% performance increase. Instead, the GM will spend money on his pet projects and lame “employee morale” activities (derided internally as f-off Friday’s) like grilled cheese sandwiches, ice cream. Easter egg hunts, etc) Oh, but the GM definitely gets his year end bonus! Screw the little guy struggling to make ends meet.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:36 am

People internally have been complaining about the horrible wages for some time now. Morale is bad at 25-66. That’s why Jennifer Profit, Drew Moore, Veronica Meadows, Joel Feick, Jamie Kagol, Femi Redwood and others either left or were released to cut salaries even further. Ratings are flat. So for the GM to make his bonus, he’s cutting expenses in the news department. There used to be a time when the station thought it could compete with 12 and 5 from a quality standpoint. Now we just laugh behind the GM, HR and News Director’s backs when they hold mandated staff morale improvement meetings. Pass the grilled cheese sandwich and a collection bucket.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:44 pm

Employee appreciation can come in multiple forms... some may like grilled cheese sandwiches (at least that’s what we’re told). Personally, I prefer being paid a living wage, being given the time and support to do quality work, etc. But maybe that’s just me...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic