Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

101.9 wldr

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
TC Talks

Re: 101.9 wldr

Post by TC Talks » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:50 pm

Where are all the sympathetic posters Who Loved all radio stations? They've all gotten very quiet.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:13 am

BigFreq wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:53 pm
learn to fly wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:47 am

What say you northern michigan? What would you tell JC? He's the PD right? I'd say i appreciate the effort.
Learn To Fly -- You're far too generous; it's like giving a participation trophy or a ribbon for finishing last place. The programming on Q100 is not well thought out, or, at best, a bit too self-satisfying (which I suspect is the same process applied to North FM). It's fine if you're not running a business and simply want to share your iPod selection with others (which is why there are now 1,000's of internet radio stations by an equal number of self-proclaimed programming geniuses). But if you're trying to find something functional by which make a living, it's programming is likely stunting that opportunity (much like those running internet radio stations). Ratings aside, the format is a bit too cool for the room. Playing "White Punks on Dope" by the Tubes at 9 am, while feeling rebellious to whomever selected the track, doesn't likely have a marketable audience of any substance. Playing the tune at 9 pm, may likely yield a different result though. That's the difference in programming and the philosophy behind it. But if the object is the glorify the hey day of the Bullet Boys, Weird Al, and deep cuts from Aerosmith, then they're right track and should keep 'em comin'. :smokin
I'm assuming you heard that song at 9am. I neeeever heard of them! You Tube helped me out, but then 1980 called they want my three minutes back, LOL. Man that song is bad.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:12 am

Myron Falwell wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:42 am
This whole saga took another turn. I can't say that I've seen a doctor's note and scans of someone's arteries on an STA before. But it happened when Roy had a major heart attack last week and requested an STA for his other station, KHTZ.

And remember, Roy is suing Blarney Stone. Lol.
In an unrelated note, the FCC tried to yank KHTZ's license a few months ago.

He has other stations in TX:
92.3 KNRG New Ulm, TX
94.1 KJAZ Point Comfort, TX
94.1 KLTR Brenham, TX
98.3 KULM Columbus, TX
105.3 KTWL Hempstead, TX
106.1 KNUZ San Saba, TX

learn to fly

Post by learn to fly » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:27 am

Yeah, perhaps I am to kind, but have never been accused of THAT before! I have a long background in programming and on air in radio and have been at least successful enough not to never get fired. Who judges what is profitable programming? The few times I hear Q100 I hear ads. I would think an audience too cool for the room may have a strong demographic with both age and income, and the format is one of the few if not the only one that can ignite passion in the P! listener. While I don't hear Q100 outside of streaming occasionally, I look forward to hearing it when i come north again.

Lets face i, AC is a bunch of whining white guys
country is 60's rock with a hat and steel guitar
i am done with the politics (both sides) of talk radio.

and by the way Fee Waybil was a genius.

Milk

Post by Milk » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:00 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:50 pm
Where are all the sympathetic posters Who Loved all radio stations? They've all gotten very quiet.
Mother once said, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all."

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:22 pm

Any update on Roy's condition? Roy has a beautiful home on Lake Conroe, north of Houston. Not that I sympathize with Roy as a wayward broadcaster, but I am certain he would rather be home than in a hospital bed in freezing cold Grand Rapids.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Jim Sofonia

Post by Jim Sofonia » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:13 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:22 pm
I am certain he would rather be home than in a hospital bed in freezing cold Grand Rapids.
They probably have heat in the hospital.
Last edited by Jim Sofonia on Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:09 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:50 pm
I love WQON's format. I've heard many songs on WQON that I've never heard anywhere else but that I love hearing now. While I love their format, I can't vouch for how they are running their business or how financially successful their format is. I just welcome a station that has a broader playlist and gives DJs more freedom. I'm sitting back, eating popcorn, watching the Blarney Stone drama play out just like the rest of us! I just hope their dumber moves with LMAs don't eventually bring down WQON.

learn to fly

Post by learn to fly » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:04 pm

thats two, Nelson. Anything and I mean anything thats not premium choice/cumulus/iheart is just fine by me. I like being surprised by what is next, and frankly, i KNOW most of the tunes on WQON. Maybe i need meds, but thats my problem.

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:14 pm

learn to fly wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:04 pm
thats two, Nelson. Anything and I mean anything thats not premium choice/cumulus/iheart is just fine by me. I like being surprised by what is next, and frankly, i KNOW most of the tunes on WQON. Maybe i need meds, but thats my problem.
I have to agree. I just listened to an hour long shortwave pirate station playing songs anyone would recognize but no stations play anymore. It was great if you ask me. I am beyond sick of hearing 300 song playlists, and as a result, I only listen to radio (commercial radio anyways) if I am traveling. If I hear Free Bird or Sweet Home Calcarribia one more time... (I can't even TYPE that title!).

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:16 pm

I truly miss live, local radio directed at their City of License, instead of this "Where ever you go, we're there, sucking as usual" garbage.

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

BigFreq

Post by BigFreq » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:38 am

Ed Joseph wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:16 pm
I truly miss live, local radio directed at their City of License, instead of this "Where ever you go, we're there, sucking as usual" garbage.
Amen to that. Just listen to WUPS sometime. One moment, they are claiming to be Midland, then Mount Pleasant, then they want to be Gladwin, then it's Houghton Lake, then Cheboygan (where they don't reach, but they are leveraged to be a part of buys that run on sister stations). Of course, what they don't want to be is where they are... Prudenville. |I

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:38 am

Amen to that, too. Live and local is what keeps me listening to the radio. Its what best differentiates radio from streaming sources (both music and podcasts).

ADD in TC

Post by ADD in TC » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:42 pm

Also has anyone noticed that WJML's 3(make that 2)TC signals can be off for days(hours) at a time?
?

ADD in TC

Post by ADD in TC » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:40 pm

ADD in TC wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:42 pm
Also has anyone noticed that WJML's 3(make that 2)TC signals can be off for days(hours) at a time?
?
Sad, but that is kind of what I thought.

Also had anyone noticed WJML's State Street studio is now home of a dry cleaner?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic