All accepted registrations through February 19 at 8:30p ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Trump Like O.J. Will Actually Be Punished for Former Crimes

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare
Posts: 1621
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:05 am

Trump Like O.J. Will Actually Be Punished for Former Crimes

Post by screen glare » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:40 am

Everyone from John Q. Voter to Chief Justice John Roberts can’t deny their oh-so-human secret gut feelings that Donald Trump has caused himself to be in line for some significant punishment.

No matter what party affiliation. No matter if one does or does not monitor hourly news. No matter if you first noticed Trump as a NYC denizen, or tv actor, or presidential candidate - that oh-so-human hidden gut feeling stirs in your inner universe.

This reckless rich kid yay-who is going to get himself the punishment he deserves.

And just like O.J. it will happen long after the worst thing he ever
did - and instead appear to be connected to a lesser misdeed.

But inside every observer will be the feeling - “too bad” or “what a shame” or “told ya so” or “yippie” - the guy caused himself to finally get what he deserved.



Matt
Posts: 1024
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Trump Like O.J. Will Actually Be Punished for Former Crimes

Post by Matt » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:03 pm

What crimes?

It's not a crime to be an asshole, or else you would be serving infinite life terms.



Mike Oxlong
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:56 am
Location: Nankin Township

Re: Trump Like O.J. Will Actually Be Punished for Former Crimes

Post by Mike Oxlong » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:38 pm

I think the Democrats are committing political suicide by actually going thru with it. And Pelosi knows it.
But she was under so much pressure from the Rabid Left and their media minions that she had to give impeachment the Green Light.

So you get Trump out of office. That puts Pence in the Oval Office. Who don't have any dirt on him.
An automatic 10 points more in the polls just because he's the sitting president for the 2020 election.
Nothing like making an uphill battle even harder for yourself.
Last edited by Mike Oxlong on Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.



bmw
Posts: 1354
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: Trump Like O.J. Will Actually Be Punished for Former Crimes

Post by bmw » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:20 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:03 pm
What crimes?
I asked that very question in here not long ago. All I heard was crickets. I have yet to see a single person in here cite a specific statute and the specific action Trump took to violate said statute.



screen glare
Posts: 1621
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:05 am

Re: Trump Like O.J. Will Actually Be Punished for Former Crimes

Post by screen glare » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:38 pm

Well then we can only assume that - rather than actually watching the hours of expert sworn testimony in front of the Congressional Judiciary Committee - you ignored it, or worse relied only on Fox or other conservative media to spin it for you.



bmw
Posts: 1354
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: Trump Like O.J. Will Actually Be Punished for Former Crimes

Post by bmw » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:48 am

A statute. Cite a statute. Any statute. And cite a behavior Trump engaged in which violates said statute.

Your evasion at this point is almost comical.



Deleted User 14990

Re: Trump Like O.J. Will Actually Be Punished for Former Crimes

Post by Deleted User 14990 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:20 pm

As The saying goes "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it" . The voters got what they wanted, in the states that gave him electoral college , now as a nation, we are left to contemplate outcome. The 21st Century has not gone well for America, don't see the tide turning anytime in the near future either.



Matt
Posts: 1024
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Trump Like O.J. Will Actually Be Punished for Former Crimes

Post by Matt » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:38 pm

WZRC 1067 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:20 pm
As The saying goes "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it" . The voters got what they wanted, in the states that gave him electoral college , now as a nation, we are left to contemplate outcome. The 21st Century has not gone well for America, don't see the tide turning anytime in the near future either.
3.5% unemployment and 3.1% wage growth is good for America???



bmw
Posts: 1354
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: Trump Like O.J. Will Actually Be Punished for Former Crimes

Post by bmw » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:42 pm

WZRC 1067 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:20 pm
The 21st Century has not gone well for America...
By what metrics specifically?



Deleted User 14990

Re: Trump Like O.J. Will Actually Be Punished for Former Crimes

Post by Deleted User 14990 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:04 pm

I wasn't talking economic numbers or that kind of stuff, I mean the general attitude that's going on in the country right now. I don't like it. Since Trump has got in, it's been drama.

Metrics: 2000 Presidential election, 9-11, Iraq War, 2004 presidential Election, Economic meltdown in 2008, The Division in this country, Racial tensions at an all time high, Mass Shootings, and now whats going on now with Trump. I wasn't alive in 1968 but from what people who lived through it tell me, its more divided now then it was then.

I am dreading next year, 2016 wore me out. In fact, I didn't vote for anyone for president because I just couldn't deal with either Clinton or Trump. 2020, I think will be 2004 on Steroids, in terms of nastiness. At the end of 2016, I tuned out and may have to totally tune out this election, for the sake of my own sanity. Maybe I'll just move to Switzerland or Denmark :?



bmw
Posts: 1354
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: Trump Like O.J. Will Actually Be Punished for Former Crimes

Post by bmw » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:33 pm

I actually agree with you insofar as our country has never been more polarized (at least in my lifetime) than it is today, and that isn't a good thing. But the reasons for this polarization are far more complex than just blaming it on the occupants of the White House. The advent and prevalence of social media has only aggravated the problem. I suspect that a Trump presidency pre-Twitter and pre-Facebook - otherwise all other circumstances identical - wouldn't have been as divisive as it is now.



screen glare
Posts: 1621
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:05 am

Re: Trump Like O.J. Will Actually Be Punished for Former Crimes

Post by screen glare » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:35 pm

bribery, treason, obstruction of justice, etc., etc., etc. attempted bribery, attempted treason, attempted obstruction of justice, etc., etc., etc. practicing con artistry upon the American public, habitually lying to the American public, failing to protect and defend the US Constitution, breaking one’s presidential oath of office vow, carrying out a shadow foreign policy via ones personal attorney, abusing presidential power, displaying consciousness of guilt, speaking on unsecured phones, violating the emoluments clause of the US Constitution, intimidating witnesses, attempting to force a foreign power to make a public announcement that it is conducting investigations into the US president’s likely election opponent, attempting to reveal a lawful US whistleblower’s identity thereby placing the person at risk, abusing children, etc., etc., etc. bmw.

Impeachment is not a legal process. Impeachment is a political process.

Your confusion and that which you try to perpetuate in the minds of others - is not comical. Nor is it surprising.



Y M Ionhere
Posts: 670
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:31 pm
Location: Where the sun no longer shines

Re: Trump Like O.J. Will Actually Be Punished for Former Crimes

Post by Y M Ionhere » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:19 pm

WZRC 1067 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:04 pm
I wasn't talking economic numbers or that kind of stuff, I mean the general attitude that's going on in the country right now. I don't like it. Since Trump has got in, it's been drama.

Metrics: 2000 Presidential election, 9-11, Iraq War, 2004 presidential Election, Economic meltdown in 2008, The Division in this country, Racial tensions at an all time high, Mass Shootings, and now whats going on now with Trump. I wasn't alive in 1968 but from what people who lived through it tell me, its more divided now then it was then.

I am dreading next year, 2016 wore me out. In fact, I didn't vote for anyone for president because I just couldn't deal with either Clinton or Trump. 2020, I think will be 2004 on Steroids, in terms of nastiness. At the end of 2016, I tuned out and may have to totally tune out this election, for the sake of my own sanity. Maybe I'll just move to Switzerland or Denmark :?
I believe the division in this country IS the big problem now because its getting violent. Families refuse to speak to each other because of how they voted. Kids disowning parents. Now its spread to ageism....the whole anti-boomer/ anti-millenial fued. I dont remember this in the Clinton years. I feel like this kind of real nastiness started in the Bush years, with the comparisons to Hitler that have become even more commonplace.
Im equally worried about the rise in police resistance and, worse, officer shootings. This is because of what I firmly believe is dishonest, activist rhetoric. And it started during the previous administration. The racial division worsened around the same time.
Sorry, but I kind of do blame social media. It has given every angry person a forum to spread their anger and hate, which then gets other people riled up. And theres more extreme sites like Occupy Democrats that exist mostly just to unleash hatred upon the other side ( I unsubscribed from Occupy Democrats "Logic" when it became too anti-gay/ anti-trans and lost its humor and focus of disproving negative memes).
The environment such negativity and toxicity creates just makes everyone else angry and nasty, too.
It happens to me.
The question is, how do we curb it? All of it? I think things like mass shooting are a result of it. Too much stress, too much animosity, and too many people wanting to find a target to blame for their stress and unhappiness. And its worse when so many people are profiting off the fame that they get by pushing toxic narratives.



Deleted User 14990

Re: Trump Like O.J. Will Actually Be Punished for Former Crimes

Post by Deleted User 14990 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:46 pm

I can't remember the term for it, but once you compare something to Hitler, ones loses the argument. Yeah... when I hear people use that comparison I tune out. The Bush years were painful to me, was glad when it ended.

I had a friendship of 17 years end in part because of politics. Politics got some BS started at work, a couple years ago. I wasn't part of it thankfully. Partisan news, Talk radio, social media, and all that has fed into this nasty culture. I deactivated my FB account sometime back, just got sick of all the drama.

I think some of these shootings stem from wanting to get back at people over something petty, the fame thing, and at times, brainwashing(as in with hate). I'm grateful there was no social media when I was kid, I had some awful classmates in school.



bmw
Posts: 1354
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: Trump Like O.J. Will Actually Be Punished for Former Crimes

Post by bmw » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:51 pm

screen glare wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:35 pm
...Impeachment is not a legal process. Impeachment is a political process.

Your confusion and that which you try to perpetuate in the minds of others - is not comical. Nor is it surprising.
What am I missing here? Your thread title compared Trump to O.J. Simpson, saying that Trump will be punished for his "crimes" just like O.J. was. And now you say that -I- am the one confusing the issue of legal vs. political process? :lol



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic