Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Knife rampage ends with 2 dead

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Turkeytop

Re: Knife rampage ends with 2 dead

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:50 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:34 pm

A hammer is a tool I use to do repairs to my home. A gun is a tool I use to protect said home.

So, you use a gun to secure your property. That doesn't make it a tool, any more than my door lock, my smoke detector or my safe are tools.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:12 pm

Oh no, here are some facts that demonstrates how dysfunctional America is when it comes to guns.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandso ... n-violence

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:31 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:12 pm
Oh no, here are some facts that demonstrates how dysfunctional America is when it comes to guns.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandso ... n-violence
NPR? :blink

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:33 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:50 pm
Bryce wrote:

A hammer is a tool I use to do repairs to my home. A gun is a tool I use to protect said home.

So, you use a gun to secure your property. That doesn't make it a tool, any more than my door lock, my smoke detector or my safe are tools.
According to the definition from the Dictionary it does...
Tool
noun

anything used as a means of accomplishing a task or purpose.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:34 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:16 pm
You’re all tools!
If a dildo is a tool, you may qualify too.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:42 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:33 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Bryce wrote:

Tool
noun

My Merriam Webster defines tool as
A knife, hammer, saw, shovel or any instrument used in doing work.
So, if you regard killing someone as doing work, then I suppose a gun is a tool. Probably the most effective tool there is for doing that work. It's intended for nothing else.

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:25 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:42 pm
Bryce wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:33 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Bryce wrote:

Tool
noun

My Merriam Webster defines tool as
A knife, hammer, saw, shovel or any instrument used in doing work.
So, if you regard killing someone as doing work, then I suppose a gun is a tool. Probably the most effective tool there is for doing that work. It's intended for nothing else.
W=f *d

Turkeytop

The Tool Enthusiast Thread

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:23 pm

Tool Enthusiast Goes on Tool Usage Rampage In Florida
Saudi student opens fire at Pensacola Naval base, killing three

Tampa Bay Times

PENSACOLA — An aviation student from Saudi Arabia opened fire in a classroom at the Naval Air Station Pensacola on Friday morning, an attack the Saudi government quickly condemned and that U.S. officials were investigating for possible links to terrorism.

The assault, which left four people dead, including the shooter, was the second at a U.S. Navy base this week and prompted a massive law enforcement response and base lockdown.

Twelve people were hurt in the attack, including two sheriff's deputies who were the first to respond, one of whom killed the shooter, Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan said. One of the deputies was shot in the arm and the other in the knee, and both were expected to recover, he said.

The shooter was a member of the Saudi military who was in aviation training at the base, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said at a news conference. DeSantis spokesman Helen Ferre later said that DeSantis learned about the shooter's identity from briefings with FBI and military officials.

A U.S. official who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity identified the shooter as Mohammed Saeed Alshamrani. The official wasn’t authorized to discuss the matter publicly.

Earlier Friday, two U.S. officials identified the student as a second lieutenant in the Saudi Air Force, and said authorities were investigating whether the attack was terrorism-related. They spoke on condition of anonymity to disclose information that had not yet been made public.

President Donald Trump declined to say whether the shooting was terrorism-related. Trump tweeted his condolences to the families of the victims and noted that he had received a phone call from Saudi King Salman.

He said the king told him that “the Saudi people are greatly angered by the barbaric actions of the shooter, and that this person in no way shape or form represents the feelings of the Saudi people who love the American people."

The Saudi government issued a news release echoing Trump's remarks.

DeSantis said the shooting demanded a response from Saudi Arabia.

“Obviously, the government ... needs to make things better for these victims," he said. “I think they’re going to owe a debt here, given that this was one of their individuals.”

A national security expert from the Heritage Foundation warned against making an immediate link to terrorism.

“If there is some connection to terrorism, well, then that's that,” said Charles "Cully" Stimson of the Heritage Foundation. “But let's not assume that because he was a Saudi national in their air force and he murdered our people, that he is a terrorist."

Stimson said it was also possible that the shooter was “a disgruntled evil individual who was mad because he wasn't going to get his pilot wings, or he wasn't getting the qualification ratings that he wanted, or he had a beef with somebody, or there was a girlfriend involved who slighted him."

Florida U.S. Sen. Rick Scott issued a scathing statement calling the shooting an act of terrorism “"whether this individual was motivated by radical Islam or was simply mentally unstable."

Scott added that it was “clear that we need to take steps to ensure that any and all foreign nationals are scrutinized and vetted extensively before being embedded with our American men and women in uniform.”

One of the Navy's most historic and storied bases, Naval Air Station sprawls along the waterfront southwest of downtown Pensacola and dominates the economy of the surrounding area.
Thoughts and Prayers,

Pensacola is 66 miles from Niceville

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:10 am

Seems to be more of a Muslim Extremist than a tool enthusiast....
Investigators have found what purports to be an online screed written by the shooter and are working to determine if it is legitimate. In it, the writer expresses hatred toward Americans because of crimes against Muslims and humanity as well as US support for Israel.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:43 am

Take notice of how the right wing Heritage Foundation, Trump, Trump’s sword dance bud King Salman, and probably his murdering kid, etc. all jump in to mitigate, explain, smooth over, sympathize, etc. after the US navel air base mass murder by a Saudi military embed.

They fear a “Trump’s watch” approved (vetted?) Saudi military man - sitting in a US military classroom - on a US military base - absorbing whatever he could about what US pilots learn, plus everything about that US base - is going to come back to excoriate dancin’ Trump and his close personal Saudi royal family ties that bind.

Kashoggi’s bereaved family members send their thoughts and prayers.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:57 am

Tool Enthusiast Seriously Injures His Six Year Old Son.
Child hit by accidental gunfire

A 6-year-old boy suffered a gunshot wound after his 44-year-old father accidentally discharged a gun Nov. 23 inside a home in the 6900 block of Castor Street in Chino. German Arturo Junior Morales was arrested three days later at Loma Linda University Medical Center at 11234 Anderson St., according to jail records. He was booked on $100,000 bail at the West Valley Detention Center in Rancho Cucamonga on suspicion of child endangerment and negligent discharge of a firearm, Chino police said.

Mr. Morales was released on bail at 9:33 a.m. Nov. 27, records show.

Chino police were called at 7:10 p.m. to a home in the 6900 block of Castor Street in Chino on a report of a child with a gunshot wound, Sgt. Nancy Franklin said.

“Officers located the child and began first aid,” she said. “The son was transported to the hospital for treatment.”

A court date has not been scheduled because the San Bernardino County District Attorney’s office has yet to file charges.
http://www.championnewspapers.com/polic ... 1d7db.html

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:37 pm

Tool Enthusiast Sustains Groin Injury Near Family Dollar
Police: Man tells officers he shot himself in groin during drug deal in east Columbus

COLUMBUS, Ohio — A man told officers his gun discharged and struck him in the groin during a drug deal Saturday in east Columbus, according to police.

Columbus police say officers were dispatched to the area of East Livingston Avenue and Alum Creek Drive just before 2 p.m. on a report of a shooting.

Officers met with the 19-year-old man who suffered a single gunshot wound to his groin area.

Police say the man told officers that he was in the middle of an illegal narcotics transaction with an unknown individual when his own gun discharged, striking him.

The man walked to the Family Dollar where he was taken to an area hospital in stable condition.

Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to call Columbus Police Assault Detective Adam Federer at (614) 645-4011 or Central Ohio Crime Stoppers at (614) 661-TIPS.
https://www.10tv.com/article/police-man ... s-2019-dec

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:22 pm

Bryce

Re: The Tool Enthusiast Thread

Post by Bryce » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:09 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:23 pm
Tool Enthusiast Goes on Tool Usage Rampage In Florida
Saudi student opens fire at Pensacola Naval base, killing three

Tampa Bay Times

PENSACOLA — An aviation student from Saudi Arabia opened fire in a classroom at the Naval Air Station Pensacola on Friday morning, an attack the Saudi government quickly condemned and that U.S. officials were investigating for possible links to terrorism.

The assault, which left four people dead, including the shooter, was the second at a U.S. Navy base this week and prompted a massive law enforcement response and base lockdown.

Twelve people were hurt in the attack, including two sheriff's deputies who were the first to respond, one of whom killed the shooter, Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan said. One of the deputies was shot in the arm and the other in the knee, and both were expected to recover, he said.

The shooter was a member of the Saudi military who was in aviation training at the base, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said at a news conference. DeSantis spokesman Helen Ferre later said that DeSantis learned about the shooter's identity from briefings with FBI and military officials.

A U.S. official who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity identified the shooter as Mohammed Saeed Alshamrani. The official wasn’t authorized to discuss the matter publicly.

Earlier Friday, two U.S. officials identified the student as a second lieutenant in the Saudi Air Force, and said authorities were investigating whether the attack was terrorism-related. They spoke on condition of anonymity to disclose information that had not yet been made public.

President Donald Trump declined to say whether the shooting was terrorism-related. Trump tweeted his condolences to the families of the victims and noted that he had received a phone call from Saudi King Salman.

He said the king told him that “the Saudi people are greatly angered by the barbaric actions of the shooter, and that this person in no way shape or form represents the feelings of the Saudi people who love the American people."

The Saudi government issued a news release echoing Trump's remarks.

DeSantis said the shooting demanded a response from Saudi Arabia.

“Obviously, the government ... needs to make things better for these victims," he said. “I think they’re going to owe a debt here, given that this was one of their individuals.”

A national security expert from the Heritage Foundation warned against making an immediate link to terrorism.

“If there is some connection to terrorism, well, then that's that,” said Charles "Cully" Stimson of the Heritage Foundation. “But let's not assume that because he was a Saudi national in their air force and he murdered our people, that he is a terrorist."

Stimson said it was also possible that the shooter was “a disgruntled evil individual who was mad because he wasn't going to get his pilot wings, or he wasn't getting the qualification ratings that he wanted, or he had a beef with somebody, or there was a girlfriend involved who slighted him."

Florida U.S. Sen. Rick Scott issued a scathing statement calling the shooting an act of terrorism “"whether this individual was motivated by radical Islam or was simply mentally unstable."

Scott added that it was “clear that we need to take steps to ensure that any and all foreign nationals are scrutinized and vetted extensively before being embedded with our American men and women in uniform.”

One of the Navy's most historic and storied bases, Naval Air Station sprawls along the waterfront southwest of downtown Pensacola and dominates the economy of the surrounding area.
Thoughts and Prayers,

Pensacola is 66 miles from Niceville

Did anyone else find it ludicrous that it took a sheriff deputy to neutralize this shooter on a military base of all places? Why military bases are gun free zones is way beyond me.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic