Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

9&10 New Graphics Package

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
Deleted User 4520

Re: 9&10 New Graphics Package

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:46 am

The previous logos were so much better!

organman95

Post by organman95 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:44 pm

moldyoldie wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:25 am
However, I can tell you unequivocally Tom was not responsible for the current logo. In fact, he did design all the previous logos that many here seem to appreciate.
RIP
Who is/was responsible for the current logo?
Last edited by organman95 on Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:17 am

That time & temp bug completely bastardizes what would otherwise be beautiful lower thirds!

kager

Post by kager » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:34 am

The new graphics? Meh. They seem to be an attempt at a Readers Digest Large Print Edition for TV on some of their bumpers.

The use of these little pop-up translucent weather maps of the state over a seemingly reflective black glass-top stand by the wx team are hilarious, especially when they are displaying radar - there's no Lake Michigan, or anything west of the mitt to see what's coming!

The most disturbing aspect of this gfx pkg change was the coinciding change of the stations' VO guy. I wasn't a fan of the previous one, but his replacement is disappointing. Sounds like he's got a mouthful of... something.

Do TV stations like brewvine & 10 employ just one person to handle the production/promotion/gfx/vo for station imaging spots and bumpers, or was this just coincidence?

BTW - the passionate discussions over logos in particular displayed in this forum by some here has both amazed and amused me over the years. We lost many of those due to hacking data losses and what I have to assume were database trim actions by MW, but I remember some reworking logos on their own and posting them here. Is there such a thing as a logo fetish? :blink
Last edited by kager on Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:45 am

I agree regarding the weather maps over the black table. I don't blame them for trying it out, but I can't say I'm crazy about it. I don't see what value that adds to their weather forecast. Does it help me understand the forecast or is it just supposed to make me say "oooh, look what they can do?"

organman95

Post by organman95 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:18 am

Nelson wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:45 am
I agree regarding the weather maps over the black table. I don't blame them for trying it out, but I can't say I'm crazy about it. I don't see what value that adds to their weather forecast. Does it help me understand the forecast or is it just supposed to make me say "oooh, look what they can do?"
I understand wanting to be top-notch, and that's what they have been for a long time. But, it appears to me that they are trying to compete with Detroit stations. Come on, this is Northern MI, don't be ridiculous with your tech.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic