Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The Blarney Stone Broadcasting Legacy

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
In the biz

Re: The Blarney Stone Broadcasting Legacy

Post by In the biz » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:46 pm

Q100 is like a party at friends house on a Saturday night. You bring the beer I’ll bring the records. Dynamo hum followed by an Arerosmith song. Just awful!

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:41 pm

I want to support local stations but I just can't get behind them. Grayling needs their country station back...perhaps in the form of a DUKE FM.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:15 pm

The problem is that it is difficult to judge what reason the person bought the album for, and if it was for a specific single. And how you would then value the purchase compared to the single. Seriously, a lot of people have really odd perceptions of certain songs being hits. I asked some people what Bandleader Victor Tallarico's favorite Aerosmith song was. Of course it was "Dream On", but you can imagine the off color track that they thought was a hit. "Dream On" was a valid hit.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

In the biz

Post by In the biz » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:27 am

Rock 105 way out bills KLT and is only behind TM. Big Country does very well also.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:05 pm

KLT is quite stale IMO. How many times do I need to hear Blue Oyster Cult, Rush, Foreigner, Kansas, etc.? Nothing against those bands but it's just the same stereotypical classic rock format.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:01 pm

Rock 105 way out bills KLT and is only behind TM.
I presume "TM" is WTCM.

I find it hard to believe that Rock 105/95.5 is the #2 billing radio station in NW Michigan. If KLT's billing is truly that weak, then clearly that station is being mismanaged and perhaps lost some top salespeople.

I do enjoy Rock 105's playlist.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:06 pm

KLT has no sales presence in the Northern counties like Black Diamond does.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic