Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

For all you idiots shaming stores and shoppers today

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
lovinlife101

For all you idiots shaming stores and shoppers today

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:35 am

It’s none of your business if a store is open today, whether people choose to work, and whether people shop today.

IT’S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!!

Nobody is being forced to be open, close, shop, or have sex!

lovinlife101

Re: For all you idiots shaming stores and shoppers today

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:02 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:25 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:35 am
It’s none of your business if a store is open today, whether people choose to work, and whether people shop today.

IT’S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!!

Nobody is being forced to be open, close, shop, or have sex!
I agree with you, in so much that is someone is open, why should others close?
Would the same folks who complain that Target and Kohls are open, also complain if the Kroger or Speedway wasn't?
Bingo.

Rather than idiots yelling at stores to close, they should scream at workers to stop working. Heck, it works for the UAW!

They should also scream at doctors, cops, and anyone else working today.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:10 am

audiophile wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:18 am
I worked yesterday, voluntarily.
And there you have it.

Anyone who wants to work or doesn’t want to work has that right.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:26 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:49 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:10 am
audiophile wrote:
And there you have it.

I'm not challenging that assertion because I don't know U.S. employment law.

Do workers have the right to refuse to work on Thanksgiving Day? Is there legal protection from reprisal, under the law?

Just curious.
Anyone can refuse to work. It’s a basic human right. However, the person voluntarily hiring them may choose to not hire them again.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:17 pm

TheForce wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:11 pm
You must work if you are scheduled if you want your job. That is what it boils down to. You can always ask for a holiday off, but even then there is no guarantee. I usually have decent success with that. Money is nice but I don't really care about holiday pay or time and a half. It's just not worth the headache and craziness. Rather be home with family on holidays. You only live once. I think non essential places of business should be closed on Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Any holiday work aside from emergency services should be on a voluntary basis. Some places choose to close early while others are open all day. Just let people be with their families. That will go a long way for employees morale.
Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:49 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:10 am
audiophile wrote:
And there you have it.

I'm not challenging that assertion because I don't know U.S. employment law.

Do workers have the right to refuse to work on Thanksgiving Day? Is there legal protection from reprisal, under the law?

Just curious.
All work is voluntary.

When you agreed to work at the place you are working, nobody forced you to do that.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:00 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:54 pm
TheForce wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:11 pm
You must work if you are scheduled if you want your job. That is what it boils down to. You can always ask for a holiday off, but even then there is no guarantee. I usually have decent success with that. Money is nice but I don't really care about holiday pay or time and a half. It's just not worth the headache and craziness. Rather be home with family on holidays. You only live once. I think non essential places of business should be closed on Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Any holiday work aside from emergency services should be on a voluntary basis. Some places choose to close early while others are open all day. Just let people be with their families. That will go a long way for employees morale.
Here in Ontario, most workers get the day off for designated holidays The ones with the greatest guarantee of the day off are retail workers. Stores aren't permitted to open.

Workers in a workplace with continuous operation, like a steel mill or a nursing home have to work if their regular shift falls on that day. But the employer must pay at least time and one half and must give the employee a shift off with pay within ten days either side of the holiday.

Where the workers are Unionized the Union always bargains for a higher premium rate than time and one half for work on the holiday. Double time or triple time are more common.
I’m sorry your government limits your freedoms.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:17 am

TheForce wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:28 pm
It's completely the opposite here. It's sad that corporate greed takes people away from their families on such holidays. Kinda sad really.
Here in Ontario, most workers get the day off for designated holidays The ones with the greatest guarantee of the day off are retail workers. Stores aren't permitted to open.
The only “opposite” is that the United States doesn’t imprison people if they want to conduct commerce on a certain day, whether they are purchasing or selling. A government that forces businesses to close on certain days is tyrannical and should be stopped.

Where’s the “corporate” greed of the companies that VOLUNTARILY (there’s that word again) close on certain days? Wouldn’t “corporate greed” require businesses to be open 24/7 365 to give nobody a break? What else has to be true for your narrative of “corporate greed” to be true? Let me guess, the person who owns the business and takes all the risk getting paid more than the workers! “Yeah! That’s greedy! Workers should make at LEAST as much as the owner!!! Down with capitalism!”

Oh, and you and politicians should be able to decide how successful someone should be! It’s for their own good!

Your way of thinking and belief system is repugnant (look it up).

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:23 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:34 pm
There's a fast food restaurant chain we like in Florida called Chic-Fil-A. The owners run it on Christian principles and they are closed every Sunday. I'm not religious in any sense of the word. I'm the opposite of religious. But I think it's great they give their employees Sunday off, either for worship or just to be with their families.
You like a company (Chic-Fil-Gay) that VOLUNTARILY (there’s that word again) closes on a certain day, but you also praise a government (Ontario) that imprisons people for not closing down on certain days. Which is it? You praise both freedom and force.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:27 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:54 pm
I went to Meijer Thursday night and didn't even think twice.
I celebrate the right of Meijer to be open, your right to shop, and everyone else’s right to care or not.

Oh, and contrary to Butterball’s thinking, rights do not come from a central-planning, all-powerful force machine (government). It comes from being a human.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:27 am

WZRC 1067 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:23 am
I don't have a choice, today is a regularly scheduled work day for me. I work 3-11, so I will be heading in, in a few hours. The day after a holiday, is a Pain because the flow of everything gets messed up. Then on Friday, 1st shift always leaves us with a mess. At least I don't work 3rds anymore, that meant going in a holiday night and that really sucked ass.

I stay far far away from the stores on peak holiday shopping days, I don't like crowds. To deal with it, I'd have to take a Xanax prior to going. If people wanna shop, I could care less. I'm honestly not a fan of holidays whatsoever so its nothing to me.
You’re wrong. You do have a choice.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:29 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:48 am
Such protection only extends to religious holidays.

I did not shop Thursday, and I even didn't shop yesterday. (I never go shopping during the early morning of Black Friday but will often go in the midday, afternoon or early evening after things have died down.)

While my gut reaction is to dislike stores remaining open on Thanksgiving Day, many employees do earn extra pay for working on a major holiday.

I will say the advent of extended store hours on the days surrounding Black Friday has made Black Friday itself much less of a circus than it once was. That's a good thing, IMO.
The assumption is that everyone wants the day off. That’s simply not true for everyone.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:36 am

TheForce wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:57 am
In protest, I will not go to stores on the holidays aforementioned. As long as people keep going they will continue to remain open or have extended hours. Plus I believe stores should be closed so people can spend time with family and not miss out on festivities. Been there, done that, it is NOT fun. Sure the extra money is nice but I don't really care as it's not worth the headache dealing with extra BS from people. Holiday work should be on a volunteer basis so that those who wish to be with family can and those who want the extra cash can do so.
While my gut reaction is to dislike stores remaining open on Thanksgiving Day, many employees do earn extra pay for working on a major holiday.
Ever think of the people that look forward to the extract pay?

“Shut it down! No pay for anyone! It’s good for you!”

Oh, and your “protest” accomplishes nothing.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic