Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

101.9 wldr

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
Deleted User 12047

Re: 101.9 wldr

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:16 am

I'm in rehab with no radio this morning, did North FM make it into their brand new TC studios today?

ADD in TC

Post by ADD in TC » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:35 am

Ya,A 12x12 room at the old state hospital.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:57 am

ADD in TC wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:35 am
Ya,A 12x12 room at the old state hospital.
Sorry, I didn't ask you where Finster was living. Wondering about the studio..

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

WC8KCY

Post by WC8KCY » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:37 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:59 am
It's much the same thing on NorthFM. I've heard Naughty by Nature's O.P.P. three times now during maybe four hours' worth of monitoring over a two-day stretch.
Isn't North FM supposed to be an Adult Contemporary station? Wow - that's hilarious. The station is even shittier than I first thought!
MW, it would be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic. Tuesday, on North FM, Finster made several references on-air about the phone system not working and having no idea when the studio setup will be at 100%. Why do the listeners need to know that? A true entertainment professional would have made no mention of any such difficulties, would have tried to make the most of what resources are available, and presented the operation on-air as a well-oiled machine--even if it really isn't.

Then there's the imaging: The two "positioners" i'm hearing most are "All dials point North" and "This station is being built right before your very ears". It's as if they're intentionally being cryptic about their format in anticipation of having to blow it all up again in the near future.

Trophyhead

Post by Trophyhead » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:05 pm

I'm backing up a bit, where comments were made about Fleetwood Mac tunes before the mid 70s, and this is a post to back up "Spare Me A Little Of Your Love" and "Bare Trees," which was the title track of their album in '72. I do remember the days where WLDR and Don Wiitala was carrying TC St. Francis games and battling Trish MacDonald for advertising dollars. Sounds like an operation lacking polish, now.

In the biz

Post by In the biz » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:01 pm

Listened to North the last two days. Absolutely terrible! All the spots were clients that run on Q100. Like I’ve said before, how are they going to pay John Yob? They couldn’t pay Roy! Really bad for the industry!

BigFreq

Post by BigFreq » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:52 am

In the biz wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:01 pm
Listened to North the last two days. Absolutely terrible! All the spots were clients that run on Q100. Like I’ve said before, how are they going to pay John Yob? They couldn’t pay Roy! Really bad for the industry!
I couldn't agree with you more. It's horrible for the industry as a whole. Radio broadcasters get judged by the overall picture in the market; regardless of any individual station or company standard; because of how things are handled on the streets, as well as over the air. Poor operators; inexperienced sellers, and unprofessional air talent drag down the perception of radio in the business community. As I understand it, the intent in this deal is to purchase the stations, but if you're not making LMA payments, it will likely go south in a hurry (even faster if you earn the licensee an FCC fine along the way for one transgression or another). What do you think... 6-12 months, 12-18 months? Blarney Stone is going to have to settle up with Roy Henderson at some point, as its in the courts, and while there may be transgressions on both sides, you've got to imagine they are going to have to pay most of the freight. That will likely lay a heavy burden on a company that relies on Grayling and Gaylord for it's cash source, and this newest trainwreck likely won't have any potential for traction in TC or elsewhere.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:19 pm

Roy isn't the only clown in this clown show. What kind of a knucklehead enters into a LMA for radio stations that are technically impossible to operate? The WBNZ site was designed for ONE station, not three. There would have to be a plan in place to correct this deficiency, and I don't think there ever was one. There's no way to operate 92.3, 99.3, and 100.1 with licensed facilities from Forrester Hill. The tower would fold in half.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:42 am

Where is Forrester Hill? I googled it and came back "find a grave" website, LOL. What type of tower is it?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:02 am

audiophile wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:42 am
Where is Forrester Hill? I googled it and came back "find a grave" website, LOL. What type of tower is it?
It's on Forrester Road between Benzonia and Frankfort. Just north of the tower, Forrester Road descends nearly 300 feet in around 2/3 of a mile. Checking Google Earth, there appear to be three towers on that site. One looks like the broadcast tower and the other two look like cell towers

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:33 am

audiophile wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:42 am
It's at the far end of Forrester Ridge. Some people say Ronn Moss lives up there part of the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1rKFq4JvBQ

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

learn to fly

Post by learn to fly » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:47 am

I have a question. Most complaints i hear about rock radio say it's the same song(s) over and over. So here we have a small time group, with somewhat of a radio background right? They play a variety. They play rock. Would you like to hear sweet emotion again? The other thing i heard long ago is that a classic rock audience refuses to "test" any music well. It's claimed that we are too picky. As only an example, no later Steely Dan tests well because "everybody knows Jeff Baxter aint on it."

What say you northern michigan? What would you tell JC? He's the PD right? I'd say i appreciate the effort.

Myron Falwell

Post by Myron Falwell » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:42 am

This whole saga took another turn. I can't say that I've seen a doctor's note and scans of someone's arteries on an STA before. But it happened when Roy had a major heart attack last week and requested an STA for his other station, KHTZ.

And remember, Roy is suing Blarney Stone. Lol.

I have no need for Boring McGraphics, tyvm

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:49 am

In all sincerity and compassion, I suggest that Roy Henderson be transported to Cleveland Clinic for this procedure and/or future care. They are #1 in Cardiac Care in the world. This looks bad. If you are close to Roy, please tell his family this.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

BigFreq

Post by BigFreq » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:53 pm

learn to fly wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:47 am

What say you northern michigan? What would you tell JC? He's the PD right? I'd say i appreciate the effort.
Learn To Fly -- You're far too generous; it's like giving a participation trophy or a ribbon for finishing last place. The programming on Q100 is not well thought out, or, at best, a bit too self-satisfying (which I suspect is the same process applied to North FM). It's fine if you're not running a business and simply want to share your iPod selection with others (which is why there are now 1,000's of internet radio stations by an equal number of self-proclaimed programming geniuses). But if you're trying to find something functional by which make a living, it's programming is likely stunting that opportunity (much like those running internet radio stations). Ratings aside, the format is a bit too cool for the room. Playing "White Punks on Dope" by the Tubes at 9 am, while feeling rebellious to whomever selected the track, doesn't likely have a marketable audience of any substance. Playing the tune at 9 pm, may likely yield a different result though. That's the difference in programming and the philosophy behind it. But if the object is the glorify the hey day of the Bullet Boys, Weird Al, and deep cuts from Aerosmith, then they're right track and should keep 'em comin'. :smokin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic