Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Walmart Violating Rights of Shoppers

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
lovinlife101

Re: Walmart Violating Rights of Shoppers

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:57 pm

Once you have purchased something it’s your property whether inside the store or outside. You are under no obligation to follow their orders. You do not have to prove it is your property. It would be like a stranger stopping you in the street asking you to prove what you have is your property.

Here’s what I do when asked to stop and show a receipt at locations that are accessible to the general public:

1. Laugh at them and walk away.
2. Tell them to screw themselves and walk away.
3. Yell “RAPE!!! THIS PERSON IS TRYING TO RAPE ME!!!” then walk away.
4. Play a game of keep-away using my property and walk away when I lose interest in their attempts to steal my property.
5. Call them “pigs” and suggest they should be ashamed of themselves.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:34 pm

Knowing your rights will save you time, money, and headache. If you don’t know what your rights are and don’t use them, it’s not my fault.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:39 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:29 pm
zzand wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:28 pm
.Damn, what the hell are people bitching about? Everyone is offended by everything these days.
It offends innocent people to be treated as suspects.
Bingo!

They are violating your rights.

I’m sure Germans were all like, “What’s the big deal? As long as we’re not Jews, Hitler leaves us alone. Why’s everyone making a big deal out of this?”

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:53 pm

zzand wrote:
Shopped at Walmart yesterday, on my way out, gave my receipt to the checker, she scanned it, checked the 12 pack of Diet Coke in the cart, smiled and said have a nice day.....Damn, what the hell are people bitching about? Everyone is offended by everything these days. Just fucking stay home, shop by app and have it delivered and you never have to encounter the human race.
Good thing people like you weren’t around during the Revolutionary War, you’d be like, “King George and his men are really friendly folk. They keep stoping by, asking questions, threatening to imprison me, what’s the big deal! You’re all blowing this out of proportion!”

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:01 pm

zzand wrote:
Shopped at Walmart yesterday, on my way out, gave my receipt to the checker, she scanned it, checked the 12 pack of Diet Coke in the cart, smiled and said have a nice day.....Damn, what the hell are people bitching about? Everyone is offended by everything these days. Just fucking stay home, shop by app and have it delivered and you never have to encounter the human race.
I bet they’re stopping minorities more than anyone else. Disgusting.

I shopped at Meijer recently. They had a checker standing by the door. I purchased things and walked right past “the checker” without saying a word. And guess what they did? NOTHING!!! Why? BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO MY PROPERTY!

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:07 pm

zzand wrote:
You’d be all up in Rosa Parks’ face screaming “WHAT’S THE BIG DEAL? THE BACK OF THE BUS IS THE SAME RIDE AS THE FRONT OF THE BUS! IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT, DON’T RIDE THE BUS!!!”

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:02 pm

zzand wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:49 pm
No Metalhead, they check things that aren't bagged like Soda, beer Kitty litter and of course big ticket items. Take maybe 5 or 10 seconds like at Sam's Club or Costco. No rights being infringed upon, they have the right to make sure that shoplifting isn't happening and if you not tried to steal something then there is no reason to cause a stink, they scan, check the items out of bags or big things, takes seconds and you are on your way.
Wow. Are you a cop or work for Walmart “security”?

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:29 am

kager wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:42 am
Nicely put, Larry Bud.

Some people often confuse rights with privileges. They'll shop at places they outwardly state they disdain, while enjoying pluses like convenience of business hours, location, and perceived lower pricing. These false witnesses have complete ability to choose to shop elsewhere, but complain loudly when their pumped-up false pride is pricked by a publicly-available store policy. That complaint doesn't need to be valid to become an op-ed subject portrayed as news, and filler for the media's never-ending need for 'content' (aka product). If it piques divisiveness and subsequent online interaction, more hits for the internet ad machine.

You may not like the practice of cart/receipt-checking, but it's not illegal, immoral, or - IMO - that much of an inconvenience. If the store's practice of checking a cart/receipt is applied equally to all - sorry - you should probably just deal with it, or maybe shop elsewhere?

I understand KMart doesn't perform these checks. "Shop Your Way"!
It’s not illegal for a free person to ask another free person if they have a receipt.

However, the free customer has no obligation to show the other person any attention, eye contact, answer any of their questions, or stop at all.

It’s their right to ask me questions. I have no obligation to acknowledge their question. I usually tell them to go screw themselves or I ignore them completely and walk out with my property.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic