Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Oh PLEASE nominate Elizabeth Warren....pretty please?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Oh PLEASE nominate Elizabeth Warren....pretty please?

Post by bmw » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:49 am

Per a New York Times match-up poll published today:

MI: Trump 45 Warren 40 (Trump +5)
FL: Trump 46 Warren 42 (Trump +4)
WI: Trump 47 Warren 45 (Trump +2)
PA: Trump 46 Warren 44 (Trump +2)
NC: Trump 47 Warren 44 (Trump +3)
IA: Trump 47 Warren 40 (Trump +7)
AZ: Trump 47 Warren 46 (Trump +1)

:lol :rollin

The impeachment backlash has begun.

Circle Seven

Re: Oh PLEASE nominate Elizabeth Warren....pretty please?

Post by Circle Seven » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:56 am

What's going to spank Warren is health care.
She's on the trail cheerleading Bernie's Medicare For All plan.
Trouble is, most retirees are actually happy with their current medical insurance. Why would you want to take it away from them?
Her entourage is pleading with her to start walking back on her policy on Medicare For All. But she's being stubborn about doing it.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:05 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:49 am
The impeachment backlash has begun.
Everyone needs to realize there never was an impeachment vote. What happened last week was a vote for procedure if they decide to try to impeach.
Pelosi don't want to try and impeach him. But other members of her party, and most of the press, are so rabid about doing something, anything, that she called a vote last week, that like I said, was a procedural vote on how to go about doing it, if they ever do.

The liberal press is happy. They get to imply that the house voted to impeach him. They didn't.
The other members of her party are happy, they get to go home and imply they voted to impeach him. They didn't.
It' all what's perceived I guess.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:19 pm

I was going bring up the Warren plan. She wants to tax big companies hard to pay for Medicare for all.

So the same companies that generally provide health care for there employees, have to pay for everyone else's?

What a hoot. The working class should be ticked off at the audacity of it. Don't work we'll give you heath care on the backs of those that work hard.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 14990

Post by Deleted User 14990 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:22 pm

I'm not taking Warren or Bernie's side but at the same time, I know NO ONE who likes there private insurance.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:53 pm

I WOULD like to see Liz debate dinky Don. The big dope and the mouse that roared.

Seriously - the one who would confound the con artist is Mayor Pete. Rhodes scholar. War veteran who put his life on the line for his country. Cool under fire. Can’t outsmart him. True patriot. Trump would look the privileged cowardly fool next to Buttigieg.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:16 pm

WZRC 1067 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:22 pm
I'm not taking Warren or Bernie's side but at the same time, I know NO ONE who likes there private insurance.
I'm wondering who you know. I'm thinking no one that has a retirement package from the UAW. Or the railroad. Or any government agency.

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:23 pm

WZRC 1067 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:22 pm
Teachers.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:21 pm

Everyone I know who has private insurance, not thru the exchange, is more than happy with it and wants to be able to keep it.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:37 pm

People are happy if they are protected from insurance companies refusing to cover their pre-existing unhealthy conditions. And with Obamacare their college age kids are covered under the parents healthcare plan until they’re 26.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:00 am

Many of those statewide polls are within the margin of error.

Just sayin'.

General election polling in 2016 wasn't very accurate, as I recall. Now you're going to cite them as gospel, bmw?

Deleted User 14990

Post by Deleted User 14990 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:22 am

Exactly Screen Glare. Gee whatever what ever became of Sarah Palin's death Panels? smh

Its a year out, last night of course isn't the end all to be all, but it doesn't bode well. As I said before, there might need to be a plan D or E. the top 3 so far, don't seem like the choices.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic