Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

CTV News Windsor

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
rugratsonline

Re: CTV News Windsor

Post by rugratsonline » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:56 pm

Some Guy from Toledo wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:35 pm
rugratsonline wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:41 pm
Curiously, my Spectrum system serving Rockland and Central Maine offers Radio-Canada from CKSH Sherbrooke (as well as TVA outlet CHLT), but no English-language CBC, from CBMT or otherwise.
Odd they wouldn't provide a CBC station, yet pick up Radio-Canada and TVA.

Noticed this image while Googling around...
https://img.newspapers.com/img/thumbnai ... 6_5258.jpg
Could you read what the channel lineup was in that ad, and what locality it was in?
innate-in-you wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:29 pm
Montreal has a very significant Anglophone population,
I'm sure there is, unless most companies are advertising on CFCF (CTV) or CKMI (Global) instead.
Don't forget CJNT channel 62 -- originally a francophone ethnic channel, it since become a Citytv station.

And don't discount CBMT either -- I believe advertising restrictions were loosened after the CBC shuttered their translator network in 2012.

Some Guy from Toledo

Post by Some Guy from Toledo » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:23 pm

rugratsonline wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:56 pm
rugratsonline wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:41 pm
Curiously, my Spectrum system serving Rockland and Central Maine offers Radio-Canada from CKSH Sherbrooke (as well as TVA outlet CHLT), but no English-language CBC, from CBMT or otherwise.
Odd they wouldn't provide a CBC station, yet pick up Radio-Canada and TVA.

Noticed this image while Googling around...
https://img.newspapers.com/img/thumbnai ... 6_5258.jpg
Could you read what the channel lineup was in that ad, and what locality it was in?
Got it from here, a newspaper in Nashua, NH. The town is near the Massachusetts border than it is to Quebec.
https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/75195600/
innate-in-you wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:29 pm
Montreal has a very significant Anglophone population,
I'm sure there is, unless most companies are advertising on CFCF (CTV) or CKMI (Global) instead.
Don't forget CJNT channel 62 -- originally a francophone ethnic channel, it since become a Citytv station.

And don't discount CBMT either -- I believe advertising restrictions were loosened after the CBC shuttered their translator network in 2012.
OK.

ChrisWL1980

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:48 pm

Inundated wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:03 am
I touched on this earlier, wondering why CBMT was so widely available on Michigan cable systems outside of the Detroit area - instead of CBET.

I believe the answer basically boiled down to easy satellite availability of CBMT...
Likely also the answer why three communities n northern Manitoba (Brochet, Poplar River, and Shamattawa) received their CBC OTA network service from CBMT rather than from Winnipeg's CBWT. I think there may have been at least one community in northern Ontario that got CBMT in place of CBLT Toronto as well. (Even before CBLT became a provincial superstation, they had a small network of repeaters in a handful of northern Ontario communities like Wawa, Geraldton, and Beardmore, which took programming from CBLT rather than from closer CBC network affiliates such as CKNC Sudbury, CJIC Sault or CKPR Thunder Bay.)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic