Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Warren cops are monsters

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
craig11152

Re: Warren cops are monsters

Post by craig11152 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:46 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:15 am

IIRC, Livonia cops are the only city cops I've seen sitting on a freeway. I always thought that was county/state jurisdiction. I always see a Livonia cop (or two) in the median of 275. Didn't know that was allowed.
I've seen city cops along I-94 near Metro airport which I think might be Taylor or Allen Park but the cars are unmarked.
I have kids who are cops and my understanding is...
Jurisdictions overlap.
State cops generally are responsible for patrolling the freeways but that doesn't prevent a city or county cop from hanging out if its in their jurisdiction....within city or county limits. My kids are Washtenaw County cops. They can patrol the whole county but they generally stay out of Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti, Pittsfield Township, Chelsea, or anywhere that has their own police department. Not that they couldn't patrol there but since resources are thin they don't waste the time with double coverage.

I no longer directly engage trolls

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:44 pm

Romulus and Huron Township also park in the median of I-275. Romulus used to patrol Eureka Rd bordering the airport when it was 45mph. They wrote so many tickets a speed study was done. It’s 55 now, which it should have been all along.

Sam The Cat

Post by Sam The Cat » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:26 pm

I for one am happy that cops are around, makes me feel safe. Thanks cops for upholding the standards of a civilized society.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:54 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:46 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:15 am

IIRC, Livonia cops are the only city cops I've seen sitting on a freeway. I always thought that was county/state jurisdiction. I always see a Livonia cop (or two) in the median of 275. Didn't know that was allowed.
I've seen city cops along I-94 near Metro airport which I think might be Taylor or Allen Park but the cars are unmarked.
I have kids who are cops and my understanding is...
Jurisdictions overlap.
State cops generally are responsible for patrolling the freeways but that doesn't prevent a city or county cop from hanging out if its in their jurisdiction....within city or county limits. My kids are Washtenaw County cops. They can patrol the whole county but they generally stay out of Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti, Pittsfield Township, Chelsea, or anywhere that has their own police department. Not that they couldn't patrol there but since resources are thin they don't waste the time with double coverage.
The odds are strong that I have passed your kids on the road then. I frequently work in Washtenaw county (especially Salem Twp. Or as I call it "The land that time forgot"). And then going to meetings at St. Luke's right behind the jail. Never had a problem in Washtenaw. Now Warren...that is a different animal. I've been warned for years not to speed through there. Not to mention all the dope and dope fiends coming back and forth across 8 mile. I'd rather just avoid the area altogether. They used to sit in parking lots on the north side of 8 mile, just waiting for folks like me to come along. No more of that shit. I avoid Warren like the drunk chick at a party, and I have FAMILY there. I don't want the trouble.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic