All accepted registrations through December 6 at 6:00p ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48619

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Ron Cameron In One Word:

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Momo

Re: Ron Cameron In One Word:

Post by Momo » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:14 pm

Caught Ray Scott yesterday and it was the same "interview" as always. More talk of Wilt's undisputed status as the best basketball player of all time and their encounter following JFK's assassination. Ron made another plea for being in the Michigan HOF.

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:15 pm

I like how Ron is claiming bad weather in Green Bay tomorrow night when it's going to be 40 and dry tomorrow night.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:19 pm

So Ron’s unfamiliar with the term red tape?! What a dunce. And love Matt defending his right as a producer to speak.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:22 pm

Ron's quite the champion of free speech. He opposes football players kneeling and the Houston GM tweeting in favor of Hong Kong protesters.

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:23 pm

Who is this caller that is saying baseball is fixed? He has to be messing with Ron

briangoleb

Post by briangoleb » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:33 pm

Ron says he invented sports radio..lmao
He hasn't been paid by a station in 30 years..lol..
He really wants in the hall of fame..

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:41 pm

30 years?! It’s been 40 years since he was on WXYZ.

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:52 pm

Haha! This is so unprofessional with the phone call

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:11 pm

How many times do we have to hear about Ramon Santiago asking Ron if he's coming back? He has repeated this every 15 minutes for the last month.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:26 pm

The bootlicking JJ is under the mistaken impression that Ron was a major league umpire. That was one misstatement that Ron let go without correcting.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:13 am

I thought the Sunday show was going to be a wreck. Ron started out all grouchy and pissed off but remembered he's got Lance Parrish coming in so he's got to change his attitude, which he did. Loved how a caller asked Ron about his restaurant or lack of opening one. Ron said he's not going to Livonia because they are a garbage city. What an asshat.... then he went on to talk about their strict rules, etc... It's to keep your trashy diner out if you can't folllow the rules knucklehead! I loved how Matt gave it back to him a couple times. Wait to go Matt- don't let him make you look like a puss! One sure way to get the tone of the show to go South is ask Ron why he's not in the Michigan Sports Hall of Fame. The hour with Lance was pretty good.

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:06 pm

While I so want to be sympathetic to Matt, his apparently sincere fawning over Ron yesterday - calling him a legend & saying what an honor it had been for him to work for Ron - leads me to think that maybe the two deserve each other. And, like Ron, Matt can't read to save his life.

313sports

Post by 313sports » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:15 pm

I want to feel sympathy also, but feel like he brings alot of it on himself. As Ron does also. The show needs the youth Matt provides though and what Alex did for years.

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:40 pm

Just a heads up, the podcasts are back on the site now.

Momo

Post by Momo » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:30 pm

Thanks, wtfdetroit. I see that the podcasts - which right now just go back to the 2 previous weeks - only capture what's broadcast during the show's regular hours, so the shows beginning early due to WSU football are not included except for what spills over into the 5:00 hour.

I just listened to the Jon Warden interview I missed. The usual narcissism, with Ron, as always, repeatedly turning the discussion back to himself. Halfway through the show, Ron announced that his guest was Mike Mathis (whom, at Ron's initiation, they had been discussing earlier). Warden corrected him. Matt asked a question which Ron thought was from an emailer. When Matt said that the question was from him, Ron - himself as honest as the day is long - said, "Don't say you had an email and lie to me." Ron also said that he IS writing his long-awaited book. No wonder he's too busy to take on a new restaurant. I'll go out on a limb and say this will be one of the first books from an author who's never actually read a book.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic