Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan football - predictions

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

Re: Michigan football - predictions

Post by Honeyman » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:37 am

Jimmy at the press conference yesterday: "I feel like we're very close offensively and very close to hitting our stride, hitting on all cylinders," he said. "Really good evidence to back that up and also what I see."

They scored 10 points the entire game.

The censorship king from out of state.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:37 am

Wolverines moves up from # 19 to # 16 in AP College Football Poll.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:32 pm

What an absolute shit show the second half has been against the Illini.
Embarrassing!

Illinois is probably the second worst team in the conferenceb and this underachieving Michigan squad is making them look respectable!

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:16 am

I am a firm believer that in the NFL a win is a win and the details don't really matter.
Not so much in college football. It matters how you win and how you lose IMO.
With 6 games left I can easily see going 2-4 the way they are playing. Obviously I don't feel good about PSU, ND and OSU. Frankly a mediocre MSU scares me too because I'm afraid they will be hungrier for the win than Michigan will.

I no longer directly engage trolls

matt1

Post by matt1 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:10 pm

Holding at # 16 for a second week for the Wolverines.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:57 pm

Yikes! I don’t expect them to beat Penn State, but it’s not even close at this point. How about stop committing so many stupid penalties? That’s all on coaching.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:06 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:57 pm
Yikes! I don’t expect them to beat Penn State, but it’s not even close at this point. How about stop committing so many stupid penalties? That’s all on coaching.
The officiating is criminal tonight.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:26 pm

No OPI on Penn State's first TD, no blatant PI on 4th down, and the bullshit call of OPI on Collins when the DB was hanging on his Jersey. Despite all that, IF the defense comes out strong to start the second half, they can win this game.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:27 pm

Great effort after getting down big. I think the third down holding call where Michigan had stopped Penn State was bullshit and a bit of an acting job. The offense came alive against a great defense.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:49 am

LOL, just the response I figured from you, matt! Blame the refs as always, and then accept defeat as a moral victory. No, the fact is Jimmy didnt have them ready at kickoff....again. So they lost to another ranked team....again.

And any Michigan loss wouldnt be complete without a gag job, would it? Lets drop the tying TD on a ball that hits him in the numbers.

Glad youre happy with the improvement of your mediocre Wolvies. I guess you'll be real happy when they only lose by three to ND next week. 8-4 is your best case scenario, and you posted last month they will contend for the natty! Laughable!

Change the fight somg...."Hail to the moral victors!"

The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:54 am

Officiating isn't the reason Michigan lost. None of the local beat writers even mentioned poor officiating. Defense playing an incomplete game, stupid penalties, and dropped passes are the reasons Michigan lost.

The offense did play with much improved rhythm from the mid second quarter onward. It's as if it finally found a spark. That was encouraging to see.

Harbaugh's record against top 25 teams on the road is inexcusably poor (only one win...shameful!), and Michigan's play in the first quarter was inexcusably poor.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:15 am

Harbaugh did bring up questionable calls by the officials in his post-game presser.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/coll ... 043989002/

My response? Don't let the Nittany Lions complete a f&cking 53-yard pass for a score!!! Maybe your WR's should be able to make catches in critical situations.

BTW, I wasn't too happy with Harbaugh putting his field goal unit on the field late in the second quarter for a 58 yard attempt. Fourth & short on Penn State's side of the field with not much time left on the game clock. I thought Michigan should've kept its offense on the field as opposed to attempting the field goal. Thankfully, Penn State didn't score on the ensuing possession.

If Michigan cannot defeat either Ohio State or Notre Dame, I will consider this season an abject failure. if Michigan "wins out" from here, I'll consider the season a significant success. So, still a lot to play for, in my view.

A trip to the Rose Bowl will be dependent upon Michigan winning out and the Big Ten somehow sneaking two teams into the national playoff (won't happen) or all teams from the West Division finishing the year with multiple losses (very possible).

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:04 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:49 am
Change the fight somg...."Hail to the moral victors!"
:lol
Not to mention they're failing to be the champions of the East, much less the West. :blink :razz

The game of the day had to be the lowly Illini in the upset of the year over Wiscy. At least lambasted Lovie Smith can get a team up for a big game. :hat

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:33 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:26 pm
No OPI on Penn State's first TD, no blatant PI on 4th down, and the bullshit call of OPI on Collins when the DB was hanging on his Jersey. Despite all that, IF the defense comes out strong to start the second half, they can win this game.
Sounds like a Lions fan. Never blame the team for losing, instead blame anyone else you can think of.

Harbaugh needs to go.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:57 pm

From # 16 last week to # 19 this week in College Football Rankings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic