Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Impeachment

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

Re: Impeachment

Post by screen glare » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:23 pm

Actually both you and I and all who read, watch, listen to news - have over the years seen many, many stories about politicians, police officers, Roman Catholic priests and every topic you can think of that is newsworthy.

Newsworthy largely means a SHIFT in non-harmful SOP of: systems, organizations, government, finance/Wall Street, corporations, transportation, education, science, medicine, religion, security/prisons, artistic endeavors, military, rehabilitation, manufacturing, farming, persons, families, international relations, immigration, sports, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc. Particularly when injury, death, or threat of such is involved.

hanson

Post by hanson » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:23 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:42 am

That is what in the legal system is known as hearsay. It is generally inadmissible.
impeachment is not held to criminal evidence standards

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:48 pm

In fact a crime need not have been committed to impeach.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:21 pm

Nobody more plastic than Pence. Stiff. Robotic. Plastic facial expressions. I believe he daily exhibits two. Fake Adoration. And - The Enigma.

Only Mother knows his frisky face. And perhaps their pet rabbit.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:04 am

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:56 am
Matt wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:41 am

blah, blah, blah......Maybe the whistle blower report will have something.....blah, blah blah....
The whistle blower report has something: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... l-n1058941
Did I miss something? All it says is the White House locked it down on a separate server. I'm sure every move Trump makes is made 1000 times bigger because he is hated so much, uses no filter, and is an outsider. They probably take some precautions to avoid the shitstorm that could arise over some of the things Trump says/does. If there were edits made to the transcript where he was threatening towards the Ukraine President that were left out, that's one thing. I know all the media, liberals, and all the Trump haters are currently masturbating all over themselves towards the thought of "finally got something on the son of a bitch". Anyways you fellas keep your circle jerk going.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:49 am

"I was not a direct witness to most of the events described."

That is what in the legal system is known as hearsay. It is generally inadmissible.

And just who are all these unnamed officials?
My thoughts precisely.

That said, the transcript has been released, and of course, a transcript is NOT "hearsay."

I have a couple thoughts:

- Just because Joe Biden is running for elected office does NOT entitle him to automatic immunity from prosecution or investigation. Just as Trump is not above the law, neither is Biden. There is enough smoke to suggest Biden may have acted improperly. As such, I have no issue in principle with Trump asking Ukraine to "look into it."

- What I *do* have a potential issue with is Rudy Giuliani's involvement in foreign affairs. Is he receiving classified information? Is he using authority not bestowed to him by the Constitution and federal law? Is he acting as a de facto cabinet official? (If so, he cannot do that! Cabinet heads need to be confirmed by the Senate.) Those who represent the U.S. overseas are supposed to conduct business in the best interest of the country; I do not see how someone who is the "President's personal attorney" can fulfill that function without there being a conflict of interest.

I do think there is a 75% chance Trump will be impeached. However, I think there is a 5% chance he will be removed from office. An absolute bombshell would have to be revealed to get Republicans in the Senate to vote in favor of conviction.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:30 am

Good points MW. The president is also the law-enforcement executive. Giuliani is gray area, as the president has the right to consult with his attorney.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:08 pm

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:50 am

I love it. Republicans now telling Trump and his supporters to can the conspiracy theories being used as Trump defense.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:20 am

One thing I will say no matter where you stand it is NEVER Ok for the President to imply the threat of a civil war if this impeachment thing goes thru. This is inviting chaos and all the wackos out there to come to his defense. Totally unacceptable!

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:50 am

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:20 am
One thing I will say no matter where you stand it is NEVER Ok for the President to imply the threat of a civil war if this impeachment thing goes thru. This is inviting chaos and all the wackos out there to come to his defense. Totally unacceptable!

The invocation of a civil war was met with outrage from Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., an Air Force veteran who served in Iraq and Afghanistan.

“I have visited nations ravaged by civil war,” Kinzinger tweeted, tagging Trump’s Twitter handle. “I have never imagined such a quote to be repeated by a President. This is beyond repugnant.”

The censorship king from out of state.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:42 am

I am more disturbed by his statement regarding civil war than what was in the transcript. It is Irresponsible for him to say such a thing and it seems to be a dog whistle.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:01 pm

It's also troubling that Trump would broach the idea of arresting a member of Congress that is investigating him.

"Rep. Adam Schiff illegally made up a FAKE & terrible statement, pretended it to be mine as the most important part of my call to the Ukrainian President, and read it aloud to Congress and the American people. It bore NO relationship to what I said on the call. Arrest for Treason?"

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:54 pm

Hate to say it, but I think this guy is senile. I admit he's been fairly effective. But at what cost? This is the most unpresidential president I have ever seen. Outside of the box is good to an extent, however. Further those endless tweets stirring the pot is insane. Could you imagine Reagan or Bush doing things like that? I think not. Honestly, regardless of what his supporters think, I think he's a total embarrassment. And this is coming from somebody who voted for him. Come election times I don't know what will happen. I kinda want this presidential circus to end but at the same time, I don't care for any of his opponents. Should be interesting.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:26 pm

The mental breakdown on twitter might be the final straw. To imply a civil war might take place is completely irresponsible. I can't stand any of his opponents and the only one I could stomach somewhat is Biden who has been outed as a crook. Should be interesting is correct.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic