Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Impeachment

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Mr.Transistor

Re: Impeachment

Post by Mr.Transistor » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:43 am

bmw wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:45 am

Also, remember those never-Trump republicans who either sat home or even voted for Hillary in 2016? Guess what? Anybody on the left other than Biden pretty much scares the hell out of them. They'll vote for Trump in 2020. And even if Biden gets the nomination, he doesn't exactly excite the base.

I know for me personally the only candidate from the left that I would consider voting for over Trump would be Biden and he is probably too far moderate for the direction this Democrat party is going. Yes the rest of them scare the hell out of me and I would take Trump over the rest of them any day of the week.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:19 am

Thanks for the impeachment history lesson, zzand. I believe most of us Americans, or at least many - are aware that impeachment is extremely rare, and has never resulted in a president being removed from office.

FEAR of being removed through impeachment did catapult Tricky Dick out and over the wall.

Anyway - as I stated above - failure of the Senate to go along with the people’s House and remove an unfit president is no reason NOT to carry on with impeachment. Rather - the very rare impeachment process - marks an outrageously unfit president - as such - for all of USA and world history.

A president has to alarm the majority populace in a very dangerous, immoral, or lawless “breaking oath” way - to cause the “last resort” impeachment process to forever shit-stain his name, reputation, and place in history.
Last edited by screen glare on Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:37 am

BTW - Trump will never be a martyr to his base, LL 101.
He and they know he deserves and is the proud, shameless producer of all his many showy slowdowns in life.

Those of us who understand he suffers from mental illness feel sorry that his family never tried to get him help, and instead enabled his illness for their own entertainment and whatever wealth his father’s money could buy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:31 am

Nothing to see with the transcript, no threat of withholding military aid. Meanwhile, Democrat senators asked Ukraine for help in the bullshit Mueller investigation. This is weak AF.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:53 am

That's it?!? What a phony scandal the Democrats and the liberal media are trying to get everyone all worked up over. An endless conga line of liberals all the way to Nancy's office. I'm just waiting for the grand finale at their attempt to overthrow a president.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:13 pm

My favorite quote from various morning news sources was Mrs. Clinton saying he needs to be impeached because he is corrupt...Pot meet kettle. If anyone knows corruption it would be her.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:26 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:31 am
Nothing to see with the transcript, no threat of withholding military aid. Meanwhile, Democrat senators asked Ukraine for help in the bullshit Mueller investigation. This is weak AF.
I'd respond to all of this, but I'll let Trump's winners do it... This was sent to the Democrat leadership by mistake. I imagine they do a find/replace each week and send the same document.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:39 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:26 pm
Matt wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:31 am
I'd respond to all of this, but I'll let Trump's winners do it... This was sent to the Democrat leadership by mistake. I imagine they do a find/replace each week and send the same document.

How do you know it was a mistake? The convo was a dud for the Democrats. Who's to say this isn't the administration rubbing their nose in it?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:31 am

Wait,

You think that Donald Trump is coming off looking strong today? He comes off as a bigger idiot every time the sun comes up.

I guess I really don't give a shit about people who are defending Donald Trump these days. You're a fool Matt and all your crappy Voodoo bulshit websites really don't amount to a hill of beans because it's the same angery white men looking at all of them in one big echo-chamber.

Argue all you want in here he's losing and all the evidence in "real world" points to real life criminal activity.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:41 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:31 am
Wait,

You think that Donald Trump is coming off looking strong today? He comes off as a bigger idiot every time the sun comes up.

I guess I really don't give a shit about people who are defending Donald Trump these days. You're a fool Matt and all your crappy Voodoo bulshit websites really don't amount to a hill of beans because it's the same angery white men looking at all of them in one big echo-chamber.

Argue all you want in here he's losing and all the evidence in "real world" points to real life criminal activity.
You can always tell who is losing when the personal insults start flying. There is nothing of substance in the transcript. Maybe the whistle blower report will have something, but that has not been released publicly. Have you sought treatment for your TDS? Mental health is important.

Motown322

Post by Motown322 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:37 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:39 pm
How do you know it was a mistake? The convo was a dud for the Democrats. Who's to say this isn't the administration rubbing their nose in it?
Can we please stop with the idea that this administration is "playing 4D chess/5 steps ahead of everyone else"??? Barely a day goes by where someone in this administration doesn't step on their dick with yet another unforced error.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:56 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:41 am

blah, blah, blah......Maybe the whistle blower report will have something.....blah, blah blah....
The whistle blower report has something: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... l-n1058941

The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:42 am

"I was not a direct witness to most of the events described."

That is what in the legal system is known as hearsay. It is generally inadmissible.

And just who are all these unnamed officials?

I don't really see anything more in the complain that we didn't already know from the released transcript of the phone call itself.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:53 am

btw - anybody else notice just how absolutely GIDDY the media is over this? They're literally salivating at the prospect of Trump being impeached. Nothing more than an arm of the Democrat party. Any media organization even remotely neutral and not in the tank for the left would scrutinize the whistleblower complaint for what it is - hearsay from unnamed officials. But they want Trump GONE, so they're gonna play this thing up as if it were written by God himself.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:54 pm

What bothers you folks is that most news reporters and editors believe in a free press. Not all. Most.

And so that patriotic, constitutional belief seems to put them at odds with an overtly lawless, unpatriotic president.

Of course - the White House press corps should have an adversarial relationship with the US government. Especially the president.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic