Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Scary Thought....

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 4520

Scary Thought....

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:12 pm

A scary thought, if Trump is impeached (I doubt he will), then under the chain of command Pelosi I believe becomes the new Vice President while Pence becomes President. I shudder the thought of Pelosi in that position. :barf

screen glare

Re: Scary Thought....

Post by screen glare » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:22 pm

Yes. We need a VP like The Pence woman. “Mother.”

Of course Pelosi is a super mom and grandmother - of umpteen kids and grand children. She’s hailed as a very good cook. After her family was raised - she left her kitchen for elected office and DC. She’s since become a highly experienced, gracefully effective Speaker of the House (ACA victory). Not only one time - but twice. She’s from parentage featuring public service and politics. A natural - smart, strong, and threatening to all cowards. Especially those on the wrong-side-of-history, Trump-bullied republicans in Congress.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:54 pm

I do believe the "new president" chooses his own VP. Ford did so when taking over for Nixon. Granted Nixon resigned but i believe Pence would be able to choose the person he wants. Pelosi comes into play only if both the president and VP are not capable of filling out the term.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:19 pm

Fingers crossed that it happens

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 7769

Post by Deleted User 7769 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:56 pm

screen glare wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:22 pm
Yes. We need a VP like The Pence woman. “Mother.”

Of course Pelosi is a super mom and grandmother - of umpteen kids and grand children. She’s hailed as a very good cook. After her family was raised - she left her kitchen for elected office and DC. She’s since become a highly experienced, gracefully effective Speaker of the House (ACA victory). Not only one time - but twice. She’s from parentage featuring public service and politics. A natural - smart, strong, and threatening to all cowards. Especially those on the wrong-side-of-history, Trump-bullied republicans in Congress.
Does your husband understand you’re nuts?

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:47 pm

zzand wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:54 pm
I do believe the "new president" chooses his own VP. Ford did so when taking over for Nixon. Granted Nixon resigned but i believe Pence would be able to choose the person he wants. Pelosi comes into play only if both the president and VP are not capable of filling out the term.
I'm not a constitutional scholar but I'm fairly sure you're correct. Additionally OP doesn't seem aware that impeachment doesn't mean removal from office. That would happen after the Senate conducts a trial and a vote for removal after the trial, which is highly unlikely.

In other words the entire premise of the post was horseshit. Although it is interesting that it appeared Trump somewhat threw Pence under the bus when he suggested to the press that Pence was in a knowledgeable position to explain the surrounding events. Thanks boss...

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:30 am

Does your half pint brain understand you’ve got SG mixed up with LL?

He’s the dude who’d hook up with a husband. Not me, Bub.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:00 am

And ... Pence will take as his VP ... Franklin ... Billy’s wayward son! God help us!!!!!!!!!!

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:55 am

screen glare wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:00 am
And ... Pence will take as his VP ... Franklin ... Billy’s wayward son! God help us!!!!!!!!!!
Doesn't matter who you choose.. it matters who BOTH Houses of Congress will confirm.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic