Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WTOL may be removing MeTV

A place to go for those of you who wish to discuss happenings in OH, IN, IL, WI, and Ontario. OSU sucks, by the way.
Splouge

WTOL may be removing MeTV

Post by Splouge » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:35 pm

rabbitears.info states MeTV will be replaced with Justice Network. Hopefully MeTV will just be moved to 11.4 or maybe Justice is actually going to be on 11.4

If your area loses MeTV, I'm so sorry. If MeTV goes to WMNT, I'm even more sorry

EDIT: They definitely will, Google "wtol metv" and you'll see WTOL News act like this is an improvement. They say it'll be availabe on Dish channel 247, cuz screw antenna viewers.

EDIT: WTVG 13.4 is MeTV's new home effective Oct 1. Source: MeTV's website

Another edit: I hope they'll change 13.4 to 480i now, 3 720p streams is too much for WTVG's encoder to handle. Ion on WTVG in 720p pixelates so ridiculously, and sometimes it goes black, white, gray, and surprisingly, orange
Last edited by Splouge on Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.

"Wanna watch some syndicated slop with very little budget or entertainment value? You got it buddy!"

-Byron "The Broadcast Butcher" Allen

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: WTOL may be removing MeTV

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:53 pm

The Justice Network sucks; that sounds like a major downgrade to me!

Toledo Eleven

Post by Toledo Eleven » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:40 am

It seems to me they could have put Justice on 11.4 and kept ME-TV where it was. Tegna owns both WTOL and Justice. They probably wanted to take Me off so there would be less competition for Justice. I'd look for them to replace Grit next, with their other property, Quest. I wish WTVG would replace the useless Weather Nation with ME, or maybe Me's owners (Weigel Broadcasting) could buy Channel 48 and upgrade it and put Me and H&I on 48. I know that fans of ME, like me, are not going to be watching Justice. Watching COZI or THIS on 48 would be better than that. At least they don't interrupt the shows with local ads on those 2 channels.

Vintage Toledo & Detroit TV Stations Print Ads at
http://vintagetoledotv.squarespace.com/

80sTalkRadioFan

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:30 am

Wonder if WLMB channel 40 would be interested in picking up MeTV. Seems like a good fit for them, since they air similar shows to MeTV, when they're not airing religious programming. They only have one subchannel, "Radiant TV" last I checked, so perhaps MeTV could be on 40-3.

Deleted User 143

Post by Deleted User 143 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:48 pm

80sTalkRadioFan wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:30 am
Wonder if WLMB channel 40 would be interested in picking up MeTV. Seems like a good fit for them, since they air similar shows to MeTV, when they're not airing religious programming. They only have one subchannel, "Radiant TV" last I checked, so perhaps MeTV could be on 40-3.
No way would they even consider it.
  • Carol Burnett? Too Sexy
  • The Twilight Zone? Too Frightening
  • Dick Van Dyke? Mary Tyler Moore shows too much leg in those capri pants
  • The Love Boat? Way way way WAAAAAAAAAAAY too sinful

80sTalkRadioFan

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:19 pm

LOL...You're right. I was hoping they weren't that prudish but MeTV is too good for them.

rugratsonline

Post by rugratsonline » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:40 pm

Radiofreewill wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:48 pm
80sTalkRadioFan wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:30 am
No way would they even consider it.
  • Carol Burnett? Too Sexy
  • The Twilight Zone? Too Frightening
  • Dick Van Dyke? Mary Tyler Moore shows too much leg in those capri pants
  • The Love Boat? Way way way WAAAAAAAAAAAY too sinful
80sTalkRadioFan wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:19 pm
LOL...You're right. I was hoping they weren't that prudish but MeTV is too good for them.
A few Christian stations have included MeTV as part of their subchannel lineup, including WLLA in Kalamazoo, a sister station to Sandusky's WGGN-TV.

rugratsonline

Post by rugratsonline » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:45 pm

Toledo Eleven wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:40 am
Watching COZI or THIS on 48 would be better than [Justice]. At least they don't interrupt the shows with local ads on those 2 channels.
But then again, channel 48 has been a perennial engineering dumpster fire, with mismatched volume levels between the feed and local commercials, as well as all local material being miscued. The station was run on the ultra-cheap ever since its days as an UPN affiliate WNGT.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:08 am

"Channel 48" is a clustercluck. It has f-upped my Sony TV that can't differentiate the two sets of Channel 36 numbered stations since 48 couldn't make their RF 36 channels appear as virtual CH48, nor add program guides, CC, stations ID's that aren't in the middle of a show.
Dammit WTOL, don't you take-away my ME-TV or GRIT - must be some big cash from Judge Judy to run this crap. IF WTVG or WnWo could pickup the slack, I don't know.

mtburb
Location: Wyandotte, 17 miles from Southfield, 38 miles from Oregon

Post by mtburb » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:10 pm

WTOL 11.2 is my secondary Me TV affiliate, though I can only receive it once in a blue moon. With that, I ain't losing too much.

My furthest DTV tropo: KDKA Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania at 202 miles for three days in January 2017 and a night in September 2017 with only an Antennas Direct C2V!

Current setup: Antennas Direct C2Max (2018-present)

windsor

Post by windsor » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:04 pm

This plain dumb by WTOL as MeTV is the #1 diginet in America.

I hope folks in T Town go on WTOL's facebook and bitch up storm about this.

Lets hope WTVG adds it to a 13.5 or replaces ION.

Justice is crap.I think WTOL has just opened a hornets nest with this bad decision.

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:47 pm

WTOL apparently doesn't respond to viewers comments about their erasure of Me-TV; hell, if they dump Grit my old man will jump off the newly lighted High Level Bridge.

windsor

Post by windsor » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:35 pm

Ive noticed on MeTV Toledo that the station ID under the bug in the right hand corner is gone.

Looks like theyre serious.

Maybe the retro CBS primetime lineup is getting more viewers on MeTV than the current crap primetime on CBS.

And your right WOHO they didnt respond to my message I sent either.They better be ready for viewer backlash of some sort.

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

80sTalkRadioFan

Post by 80sTalkRadioFan » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:23 am

I'm sure Buckeye Broadband will hear it too, particularly from subscribers in northwest Ohio/Toledo. Since WDIV Local 4 Detroit offers MeTV, but Buckeye only offers it to their Michigan viewers in WDIV's service area, even though WDIV's main channel is available in Ohio, minus NBC and a few syndicated shows. Not sure what would prevent them from airing subchannels from Detroit stations, if they offer the main channel in Ohio.

Toledo Eleven

Post by Toledo Eleven » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:38 am

Good News! ME-TV Toledo will be airing on WTVG 13.4 beginning October 1. Looks like I'll be watching The Flintstones after all. Yabba-Dabba-Doo!

Vintage Toledo & Detroit TV Stations Print Ads at
http://vintagetoledotv.squarespace.com/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic