Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Most Dangerous Roads In Michigan

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
matt1

Re: Most Dangerous Roads In Michigan

Post by matt1 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:54 pm

Genesee County does not give a shit about their roads being paved!!

Willie108

Post by Willie108 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:03 am

Genesee County doesn't give a hoot about their roads being salted and plowed in the winter either. Worst road commission in the state.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:51 pm

Willie108 wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:03 am
Genesee County doesn't give a hoot about their roads being salted and plowed in the winter either. Worst road commission in the state.
I know some folks live in Flint Township. in the neighborhood off Otto. They told me they never see the township during the winter.
I was trying to talk them into plowing the subdivision themselves, with signs on the truck that said "We take donations".
Or "For donations, we'll drag your driveway clean". Sounded like a money making venture to me.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:16 pm

Willie108 wrote:
Oakland County may take the cake for worst road commission. Many roads are not salted, especially in the west. Roads are too narrow in many places, and all of those stupid roundabouts.

Livonia is also known for not plowing roads, though part of that is the county’s responsibility,

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:20 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:03 pm
1. Eastbound I-696 between Bermuda Mohawk and Campbell Hilton, Royal Oak.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 275081001/
I used to take that exit home every night, it IS worse. Ive had many close calls with the cars pulling onto the freeway while trying to exit. The problem is the enterance ramp traffic that cant see cars trying to exit. Exiting cars, slowing down, pull in front of cars that are speeding up to merge onto the freeway. drivers approacing the freeway often cant see the cars darting in their path And theres limited room between ramps. There should NOT be an enterance ramp THAT close to the exit ramp and/or the civil engineers should have reversed the order.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:14 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:16 pm
Willie108 wrote:
Oakland County may take the cake for worst road commission. Many roads are not salted, especially in the west. Roads are too narrow in many places, and all of those stupid roundabouts.

Livonia is also known for not plowing roads, though part of that is the county’s responsibility,
The Martin/Union Lake/Williams Lake corridor should have been four-laned in the 1980s. There was no way 275 was ever getting through Oakland County as (a) that area of Oakland County has enough lakes for most of the roads to be off-grid and (b) from satellite imagery, most of the development around those lakes appear to date to the 1950s and 1960s, if not before.

IMHO, Oakland County feels like three or four separate counties because of how hard it is to get across the county.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:11 am

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:46 pm

US-31 is a very long road, with varying degree of traffic. Could they be more specific? The freeway portions? The divided section between Holland and Grand Haven? The two laned section?

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:24 am

fuzzpower wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:46 pm
US-31 is a very long road, with varying degree of traffic. Could they be more specific? The freeway portions? The divided section between Holland and Grand Haven? The two laned section?
With the lake effect winter weather, I'd guess the entire length of US-31 can be hazardous.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic