Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

9-11 remembrance

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Turkeytop

Re: 9-11 remembrance

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:37 pm

I remember the day like it was yesterday. A bright and brilliant late summer morning. I had attended a meeting out of town the previous evening and had gotten home late. So I was a little late driving to the office that morning. The radio broke in with a bulletin that a plane had crashed in to the World Trade Centre. My first thought that someone in a small plane had run out of luck and crashed into the building.

"The building", you'll notice. I didn't even realize that the World Trade Centre was more than one building. A short time later another bulletin saying that a second plane had crashed. At that point the reporter was so distraught they asked him to try to calm down.

When I arrived at the office, everyone had learned of it somehow. The air was abuzz with the insectile sounds of portable radios. Later that morning someone came up with a TV from somewhere. There wasn't much work done in our office that day.

When I got home later that day, the weather had turned bad. So we stayed in, watching those horrible images on TV over and over.

The weather stayed bad the rest of the week, but on Saturday the sun came back out. I went out to my back yard to put the finishing touches on the deck I had started building the previous weekend. The local airport reopened that morning and the first plane off the ground was a very fast, very loud military aircraft. As I looked around the neighbourhood there were people looking skyward with their right hand shielding their eyes from the sun. Would that be our reaction from now on whenever we heard a low flying plane?

Around noon I was finished and it was time to Christen the new deck, me with a beer and my wife with a glass of wine. As we sat there in the warm sunshine we watched goldfinches at our feeder. Some of them were young, newly fledged chicks, wobbling uncertainly on the perches. It was a pleasurable sight to watch after all the horrible video we had been watching all week.

The next day, Sunday we repeated our Christening ceremony. I had to leave home that afternoon to attend a week-long meeting, about 150 miles away. I hated to leave my wife at such a time, but this meeting had been scheduled weeks in advance.

I arrived at the hotel late Sunday afternoon. As I approached the front door, there at my feet was a dead bird. Looked like a Starling. It was obvious what had happened. The poor brute had flown headlong into the glass door and broken its neck.

A bird wouldn't knowingly crash into building, intent on mayhem. Only humans are capable of such evil.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

F-Squared

Post by F-Squared » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:25 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:It’s important not only to remember the innocent that perished in the attacks on 9-11, but to also condemn the towel-head wearing, Allah-worshipping, genocidal, middle-Eastern freaks that committed the unimaginable.

I lost loved ones in this attack, and I will never forget and never forgive. Those Arabs thought they would be getting fresh, young, tight poontang in the hereafter, but they all went steeeeeeeraight to hell! ALL OF THEM!

So while you’re honoring the innocent, I’ll be giving both middle fingers, both middle toes, and eating a pork sandwich to bash those pricks who committed these acts! #neverforget
While I usually stay out of commenting in Political Pot, I found the need to jump in here. You do realize that not all Arabic people are guilty here, right? It is just those who planned and executed the events of 9/11 who are. The way you worded your post, at least to me, made it seem like you're attacking their entire race, which is incorrect.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:50 am

F-Squared wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:25 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:It’s important not only to remember the innocent that perished in the attacks on 9-11, but to also condemn the towel-head wearing, Allah-worshipping, genocidal, middle-Eastern freaks that committed the unimaginable.

I lost loved ones in this attack, and I will never forget and never forgive. Those Arabs thought they would be getting fresh, young, tight poontang in the hereafter, but they all went steeeeeeeraight to hell! ALL OF THEM!

So while you’re honoring the innocent, I’ll be giving both middle fingers, both middle toes, and eating a pork sandwich to bash those pricks who committed these acts! #neverforget
While I usually stay out of commenting in Political Pot, I found the need to jump in here. You do realize that not all Arabic people are guilty here, right? It is just those who planned and executed the events of 9/11 who are. The way you worded your post, at least to me, made it seem like you're attacking their entire race, which is incorrect.

So, "Arab" is a race now?? Kind of like "Mexican" being one too?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:15 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:05 am
km1125 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:50 am
F-Squared wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote: It’s important not only to remember the innocent that perished in the attacks on 9-11, but to also condemn the towel-head wearing, Allah-worshipping, genocidal, middle-Eastern freaks that committed the unimaginable.

So, "Arab" is a race now?? Kind of like "Mexican" being one too?
Yes. The 22 members of the Arab League are Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.

15 of the 19 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia. Two were from United Arab Emirates, one from Lebanon, and one from Egypt.

So yes, they were all “Arabs.”

I don’t mind you trying to step up to me, but if you do, I recommend doing your homework.
So now if you identify as a member of a league, you can identify yourselves as a race??

Good to know. Anybody who starts picking on our softball team can be accused as racists!
Last edited by km1125 on Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:32 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:21 am
Who said anything about “race”?
F-Squared did, and I highlighted that part when I replied to HIS (hers?) post:
F-Squared wrote:
<snip>
... seem like you're attacking their entire race, ...
<snip>
Maybe you should take reading lessons.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:54 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:40 am
So you’re responding to what someone else said and attribute it to me?

Got it, Skippy.
What an idiot. Go back and re-read the thread.

I responded to F-squared, highlighting his (hers) applicable words and asked "So, "Arab" is a race now??", but then YOU responded to that with "Yes"

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:09 pm

This may be the only time I ever say this, but cut LL some slack. (S)he lost loved ones on 9/11, and for that, I give my condolences.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:38 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:09 pm
This may be the only time I ever say this, but cut LL some slack. (S)he lost loved ones on 9/11, and for that, I give my condolences.
What's weird is that I fully agree with his initial post (and the first followup). Why he jumped on my response to someone else's post and tried to defend Arabs as a "race" was confusing to me.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:17 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:58 pm
I get a sick satisfaction knowing those 19 POS’s are getting forcibly sodomized by Satan and his demons for all eternity, with NO LUBE!!!
While the mastermind sits in a comfortable federal pen with "constitutional rights", on American soil, awaiting trial mainly because of the Obama Justice Department.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

RingtailedFox

Post by RingtailedFox » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:20 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:58 pm
I get a sick satisfaction knowing those 19 POS’s are getting forcibly sodomized by Satan and his demons for all eternity, with NO LUBE!!!
I wish i could thumb up your post in agreement! but the next best thing here is a smiley, my friend.... :hat

~ The Legendary Raccoon-Fox has spoken!

hanson

Post by hanson » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:31 pm

[/quote]
I’d be holding my loved ones today if it wasn’t for those POS sand monkeys!
[/quote]

Another ploy for attention. Oh woe is me

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:17 am

Hanson is always twisting it.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

hanson

Post by hanson » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:31 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:17 am
Hanson is always twisting it.
I prefer to think of it as screwing with people :blink

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:07 pm

Hey Bryce! It’s now “The Trump Justice Department”. And yes man Barr’s at the helm. So what’s HE doin’ about this at Trump’s direction?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:47 pm

screen glare wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:07 pm
Hey Bryce! It’s now “The Trump Justice Department”. And yes man Barr’s at the helm. So what’s HE doin’ about this at Trump’s direction?
January 19, 2009 - Mohammed and Ramzi Binalshibh admit in open that they are guilty and proud of the attacks committed on September 11.

January 21, 2009 - At the request of US President Barack Obama, trial proceedings are frozen for 120 days.

November 13, 2009 - The Justice Department announces five Guantanamo Bay detainees, including Mohammed, will be transferred to New York for trial in a US District Court courtroom just blocks from the site where the World Trade Center twin towers stood until September 11, 2001.

August 30, 2019 - Alleged 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammad and four other accused plotters will go on trial on Jan. 11, 2021, a U.S. military judge said Friday, according to the Office of Military Commissions. The trial of the five men will take place at the U.S. military base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. The New York Times first reported that the date had been set.

It is the first time a trial date in the case had been set.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic