Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Detroit Radio Ratings 9-4-2019

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 3751

Re: Detroit Radio Ratings 9-4-2019

Post by Deleted User 3751 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:05 pm

"The Great Voice of the Great Lakes" isn't so great anymore and continues it's downward spiral.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:53 pm

97.1 is down to a 3.9. Bad baseball will do that to you.

It’s still laughable seeing WDFN at a big fat zero! Is it possible clearing Fox Sports Radio and weekend infomercials are making them a couple bucks? If so, who is listening?

WLLZ is slowly trending downward.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:49 pm

I've all but given up hope for terrestrial FM from Detroit. WWJ is about it. Usually it's 103.9 The Fox, Q106 or WMMQ. WHMI also as it's local.

Explain this to me. How does a classic rock station, one that recently revived its calls and branding from a station that played rock for 15 years, do an A-Z...and be DONE in under four full days??? Starts Friday at noon, stops for 3 hours Sat and Sun for D&M, and doesn't do it during the overnight...and is finished by Monday night???

All things considered, the last time WCSX did an A-Z, it took ELEVEN DAYS to get through all of it.

I hate when iFart does A-Z promos. They did one with Alt as well. No deep cuts, nothing special, just the usual fare, in alphabetical order.

Wait. I was wrong. I did hear "Perfect Strangers" by Deep Purple. They probably saw "deep" and thought they'd kill two birds with one stone.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:53 pm

OUTSTANDING book for 105.1 The Bounce. That one surprised me! Easily their best book since their first two full months on the air.

Newsradio 950 WWJ witnessed a nice comeback, and 101 WRIF also enjoyed nice gains. It's the first time in a while that WRIF has cracked a 5 share in ages 6+.

I'm sure Beasley Media owns three of the top five slots in A25-54. in fact, it would not surprise me if they own first place, second place and third place in that category. (Although, there is probably an even money chance that WKQI is somewhere in the top three.)

Whereas WWJ came roaring back, 760 WJR barely budged! :lol

I cannot remember the last time WXYT-FM has finished below a 4 share in ages 6+. It's been quite a while! I know that's happened before in late autumn / winter. I'm not sure it's ever occurred in summertime!
Explain this to me. How does a classic rock station, one that recently revived its calls and branding from a station that played rock for 15 years, do an A-Z...and be DONE in under four full days???
Damn near all of iFart's classic rock stations sound like horseshit, IMO. 106.7 is no exception. The random deep cuts that sometimes play on Saturday is as interesting as that station's playlist will ever get.

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:57 pm

I'm happy to see fake Wheels slip a bit. Fuck them and their tired 70's retreads we've all heard a million times.
I like that WRIF showed some improvement. To me it seems they are trying to be better- sometimes successfully, sometimes not. I'll give them credit for trying though.
WCSX seems to be expanding a bit but their song choices for that expansion are puzzling to say the least. Meh.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:18 pm

iFart seemed to be confused as to the success of CSX.
They thought "oh classic rock is doing good".
No.....
Whatever station plays the oldest music will win.
It's as simple as that. Doesn't matter what the advertisers want age wise. This is proof.

Music is my life.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:14 pm

Baby Boomers don’t listen to much 90s music and especially 2000s.

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:20 pm

My 14 year old sons favorite station is 94.7. UGH.
"Dad, have you ever heard XXX by XXX? Its awesome!"
"Yes, son. I've heard that song about a million times."

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:40 pm

Rankings for key demos:
https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/arch ... pm-analysi

Top stations in A25-54 are as follows:
#1 - WRIF (best A25-54 AQH share in more than a year)
#2 - WKQI (great book for them)
#3 - WCSX (off slightly)
#4 - tie between WNIC, WOMC and WMGC (the music changes at WOMC are paying off)

Top stations in A18-49 are as follows:
#1 - WRIF (best book since January)
#2 - WKQI
#3 - WCSX
#4 - WMGC
#5 - WJLB (definitely a surprise; great showing for them)

Top stations in A18-34 are as follows:
#1 - WKQI
#2 - WRIF (barely trailing WKQI)
#3 - WCSX and WJLB
#5 - WOMC
#6 - WYCD
#7 - WMGC

What is surprising to me is how well *both* WCSX and WOMC performed in A18-34. WCSX was tied for third (they were ninth in the prior survey) whereas WOMC cracked the top five.

Overall, it seems third through seventh or eighth places are very tightly packed in A18-34.

WDVD evidently had an "off" book with regard to key demos. WMXD is another station that underachieved, although JLB's strong showing mitigates that to a degree.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic