Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Holy Shnikies! What’s wrong with that Marysville council candidate?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MisterGoodrich2U

Re: Holy Shnikies! What’s wrong with that Marysville council candidate?

Post by MisterGoodrich2U » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:05 pm

Really? WHLS-AM and WSAQ-FM are Port Huron SOL, aren't they?

Sorry to hear about Port Huron's demise. I worked there in the early '80s. Lived south of downtown off Military, and would walk or bike-ride to work at WPHM and home early morning. Nothing scary at all back then.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:29 pm

WHLS and WSAQ are music formats. They probably air the same recorded news as WPHM. I occasionally listen to the former when I am up there, never the latter (don’t like country).

All of the Port Huron commercial stations (plus WHLX) except WGRT are owned by the same company.

TomSanders

Post by TomSanders » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:40 pm

A survey made a few years ago named Port Huron America's 1109th best small city. Which is really unfair. They have two new Starbucks and a Panda Express, and that should be enough to, if the survey was made today, get them at least into the low 900s.

IMO the most remarkable thing -- since this is a broadcasting forum -- is that the morning guy at the news and information station (Paul Miller, WPHM) and the PM drive guy on the childrens' music station (Ben Coburn, WBTI) have been on at those times for all 21 years I've lived in America's 1109th best small city. Which should tell you all you need to know about the place.

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:23 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:38 pm
If Michigan was a butt, you could stick an enema in Marysville. What a dump! People defecating and urinating in the streets, women having babies in the fields, people licking ice cream in the stores.
So its like San Francisco?

TomSanders

Post by TomSanders » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:44 am

There's also no truth to the rumor that you can't listen to WSAQ (107.1, country) unless you have a Bridge Card. I asked the ground people that one year at the Roof-Sit (Chuck Santoni, W-OLD, on the roof of Birchwood Mall every September collecting donations for charity). They said not the case. That's the really great thing about Port Huron. You can make fun of people to their faces and they never know what's happening.

Herm

Post by Herm » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:42 am

WSGR was a great college radio station for a long time, broadcasting from SCCCC.
Coincidentally, SCCCC was also the location where SDS was formed.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic