Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Best U.S. president of all time

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: Best U.S. president of all time

Post by audiophile » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:22 am

Why did you start at number 45 on the list of best presidents?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:18 am

Rachel Maddow’s Red Glare,
Liberal heads exploding in air,
Gave proof through the night,
Donald Trump is still there!

Her friends the Communists,
Massive fail last Wednesday!

Every time I’m looking up,
The Left is after Donald Trump

I’m gonna soak up the sun,
I’ve got my 45 on,
So Trump can ride on!

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:56 pm

The only President from the past 50 years to make my top five list is Reagan.

Next most recent is Ike.

Obama wasn't as bad as many conservatives make him out to be. Overall, I think he was no worse than George W. Bush. I think Bill Clinton, who receives far too much credit these days, was worse than both.

Deleted User 14990

Post by Deleted User 14990 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:36 pm

Bush 43 was the worst president ever! hands down. Woodrow Wilson did some bad stuff too. Clinton's tenure was a major success. Obama, The tea farty pretty much ruined his presidency and to be fair, John Boehner's tenure as Speaker of the house.

Reagan, I think is a bit overrated and a lot of the history in his 2nd term seems to get whitewashed, The Soviet Union would have fell apart Reagan or no Reagan. Still, he acted presidential and brought back confidence to the office.

Eisenhower was a well balanced president as was Bill Clinton. Teddy Roosevelt did many good things. Mixed feelings about Truman, FDR, Nixon,.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:50 pm

Trump in 2020. America adores Trump.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:42 pm

MW I agree with you except for Clinton. We got real Welfare reform under him. I also did well personally under him. I didn't vote for him first time but did the 2nd time. I would put him top 10. I will give Bush credit for his handling of the 9-11 attacks. His finest hours in my opinion. I mean his handling of things here, not overseas.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:16 pm

Funniest president of all time, George Bush Jr.!! Yep, David Letterman joked about that in "Great Moments In Presidential History" during the "Late Show"!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:53 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:56 pm
The only President from the past 50 years to make my top five list is Reagan.

Next most recent is Ike.

Obama wasn't as bad as many conservatives make him out to be. Overall, I think he was no worse than George W. Bush. I think Bill Clinton, who receives far too much credit these days, was worse than both.

Just as an outside observer, I liked Ford, Carter, Bush Sr. and Obama.

The sleaziest, Nixon Clinton and Trump.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:11 am

You can add JFK to the sleaze list. Same as Clinton when it came to womanizing. And like Monica at least one of JFK’s women worked in the white house.

Eisenhower, Pappy Bush, FDR, and probably others all had extra-marital affairs that are documented. Even as far back as the founding fathers. Sex with slaves, etc.

If you want a US President and Congress free or nearly free from sexual and/or criminal sleaze - elect Americans who aren’t men.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:56 am

screen glare wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:11 am
You can add JFK to the sleaze list. Same as Clinton when it came to womanizing. And like Monica at least one of JFK’s women worked in the white house.

Eisenhower, Pappy Bush, FDR, and probably others all had extra-marital affairs that are documented. Even as far back as the founding fathers. Sex with slaves, etc.

If you want a US President and Congress free or nearly free from sexual and/or criminal sleaze - elect Americans who aren’t men.

I didn't even consider their sexual indiscretions in my sleaze characterization. Clinton, on his final day in office, in his final hours, pardoned some of the worst criminals in the country.

No need to explain why I labeled Nixon and Trump as sleazy.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:38 am

Sleaze is sleaze.
It means the person elected to office is willing to lie to, cheat on, and steal from his/her family and voters alike.
Greed-driven, lust-driven, and/or deranged.
Sometimes not just disrespecting public trust - but actually placing the public in danger.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:50 pm

WZRC 1067 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:36 pm
Bush 43 was the worst president ever! hands down.
So you completely forgot that Carter was President at one time?

Deleted User 14990

Post by Deleted User 14990 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:19 am

Carter was incompetent but also a victim of circumstance, dealing with the aftermath of The Vietnam war, inflation, and Iran. No president could have stopped some of that, he was just in over his head.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:41 pm

Is that a write-in for yourself?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:41 am

Carter was a micromanager. Trouble delegating authority.
Had all his marbles, though. Was well read and thoughtful.
He was also honest. Shouldered responsibility. Had a sense of history, was an optimist, and a diligent worker.
You could trust him.
In fact that trustworthiness and honesty are what put him into office.
Voters were so sick and disgusted with Nixon’s and Agnew’s dishonesty and creeping corruption eating away at the American presidency and vice presidency - saturated by white house scandals and the overbearing immoral weight of it all - that Carter meant relief!

Weird, abnormal, and embarrassing leadership is entertaining at first - but then becomes tiresome and finally downright emotionally oppressive. People end up craving relief!

Trump’s derangement and symptomatic erratic and chaotic words and behaviors are by now predictable. And even those who were once entertained or even blinded by his “all show no go” con job are finally growing weary of his daily crazy routine.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic