Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Mass US Shootings Finally Addressed ?

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
lovinlife101

Re: Mass US Shootings Finally Addressed ?

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:17 am

screen glare wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:32 am
After the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting and dismemberment slaughter - I was certain Congress would pass common sense gun safety laws. The massacre of five and six year olds and their teachers via a shooter firing an automatic weapon of war in classrooms right before Christmas - stirred such searing, nauseating revulsion in most Americans - I thought Congress would finally stand up to the NRA gunmaker lobby and pass legislation to curtail the crime of frequent mass murder shootings.

It didn’t happen.

That’s when I realized not enough Americans felt they personally could be shot and killed, next. I reasoned the frequency rate of such horrific gun downs would have to increase to nearly back to back episodes - to shock most of us into demanding Congress do something.

That’s what’s finally now happened after the El Paso and Dayton mass shootings. That back to back alarming rapidity - combined with the racist white supremacist shooter’s manifesto - mirroring Trump’s hateful words and sentiments in videos of his rallies rerunning on all media platforms - has moved most Americans to demand Congress finally find its collective spine.

This time most of the nation will not relent.
Yes! Because taking away guns from law-abiding citizens is the only way to curb gun violence!

It’s working great in Chicago! It’s a “gun-free” city and had its most violent weekend a few days ago! More than 300 people killed this year in Chicago, 7 killed this weekend, more than 30 people shot this weekend. 1,600 people shot this year in Chicago! It’s working!!!

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/05/us/c ... -guns.html

If we disarm the entire state of Illinois, that’ll drive numbers up! Let’s do it!
Last edited by lovinlife101 on Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:19 am

Oh and a great way to stop white supremacists?

BAN WHITE PEOPLE!!!

IT’S WORKING GREAT FOR GUNS!!!

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:24 pm

screen glare wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:19 am
It’s Howdy Doody Time!
If “Howdy Doody Time” means 1930’s Germany, then yes, disarming citizens would usher in “Howdy Doody Time.”

We agree!

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:40 pm

screen glare wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:32 am
After the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting and dismemberment slaughter - I was certain Congress would pass common sense gun safety laws. The massacre of five and six year olds and their teachers via a shooter firing an automatic weapon of war in classrooms right before Christmas - stirred such searing, nauseating revulsion in most Americans - I thought Congress would finally stand up to the NRA gunmaker lobby and pass legislation to curtail the crime of frequent mass murder shootings.

It didn’t happen.

That’s when I realized not enough Americans felt they personally could be shot and killed next. I reasoned the frequency rate of such horrific gun downs would have to increase to nearly back to back episodes - to shock most of us into demanding Congress do something.

That’s what’s finally now happened after the El Paso and Dayton mass shootings. That back to back alarming rapidity - combined with the racist white supremacist shooter’s manifesto - mirroring Trump’s hateful words and sentiments in videos of his rallies rerunning on all media platforms - has moved most Americans to demand Congress finally find its collective spine.

This time most of the nation will not relent.
Story on stabbing: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 952156001/

screen glare: “Time to ban knives! Oh, and pencils are responsible for misspellings! BAN THEM!!! Cars drive drunk!!! BAN THEM!!!! Food makes people fat!!!! (lights hair on fire) BAAAAAAAAAAAN IIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:41 pm

screen glare wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:59 pm
Nonsense responses LL and bmw:

1. Common sense gun laws will mean total disarming of all citizens?

2. A guy with a knife can kill just as many humans in 30 seconds as a guy with an automatic assault rifle?

3. “This time most of the nation will not relent” needs “fixing” to instead read the left will not relent? (Most Americans ARE left leaning re gun safety measures.)

4. Common sense gun laws will render the USA into 1930’s Germany?

All absurd responses from numb skull wooden heads on this board.
“Common sense gun laws”? That’s loaded language. Pun intended.

Let’s see what the second amendment actually says!

“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

What do you think “shall not be infringed” means? “Infringed” means “act so as to limit or undermine (something); encroach on.” Hmmmm. Where do you justify limiting gun rights when the Constitution of the United States says those rights should not be limited?

So the lives lost in gun violence are worth more than the lives lost in knife violence? Got it, Skippy!

You want to limit gun rights. Hitler limited gun rights. No connection, right?

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:14 am

screen glare wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:20 pm
And Jumpy, when you or your loved one ( got any?) is shot in a mass shooting in a public place - you be sure - though grievously injured for the remainder of your life - to hold that thought.

I actually think you would change your heart and mind rather quickly, Jumpy.
If I or a loved one were injured in a mass shooting, I guarantee you my first thoughts would not be “Stupid guns! We really need to restrict the rights of law-abiding citizens!”

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic