Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Continuous reporting of off topic banter, no results

Got a question? Can't figure out how to get that neat picture under your user name? Need any other tech tips? Post it here! Also, this is where I make important site related announcements.
Deleted User 15062

Continuous reporting of off topic banter, no results

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:36 pm

"5) NEW: Users who consistently post off-topic banter in existing threads that have nothing to do with the conversation at hand will be banned."

I have reported and reported and reported LL101. Myself and others have all noticed that his conversations and postings in topics is both inflammatory to other users and is off topic. What is it going to take for Action to be taken? I am still getting notices that he is replying to and quoting posts that I am posting. The Flint Tri-Cities board it's not political potpourri. When will we see action taken?

Deleted User 15062

Re: Continuous reporting of off topic banter, no results

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:05 pm

Others apparently are doing the same, also without results.
R Bedell wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:40 pm
MW, WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU ON GETTING HIM BANNED!!!!!!!!!
I private messaged him two days ago. Have heard NOTHING. >:
MW, it's a miserable experience for many on here. This needs swift attention. Lovinlife101 has gone too far outside of Political Potpouri. He also admitted he was never in our industry to another person publicly.

Realist

Post by Realist » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:00 pm

Mark -

You banned Bob Simonson (under his multiple usernames) for far less than this....

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:06 am

TeddyBear wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:36 pm
"5) NEW: Users who consistently post off-topic banter in existing threads that have nothing to do with the conversation at hand will be banned."

I have reported and reported and reported LL101. Myself and others have all noticed that his conversations and postings in topics is both inflammatory to other users and is off topic. What is it going to take for Action to be taken? I am still getting notices that he is replying to and quoting posts that I am posting. The Flint Tri-Cities board it's not political potpourri. When will we see action taken?
You must be new to the internets? Do this type of thing in a PM - If you were dealing with a legit troll, your ENTIRE social media identity would have been stolen and your ISP would be terminating your account over TOS violations.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:07 am

FET-500 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:06 am
TeddyBear wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:36 pm

You must be new to the internets? Do this type of thing in a PM - If you were dealing with a legit troll, your ENTIRE social media identity would have been stolen and your ISP would be terminating your account over TOS violations.
Screenshot show that I have done this in PM's. I've reported with screenshots too. And since I am not the troll here, why would my ISP terminate me? I can see MW for my off banter reactions, but not my ISP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:53 am

You come on here for a month and then demand MW ban him? If I were MW, I would boot you off here too (you have made crude/off topic remarks also).

You want him banned because he not in broadcasting? That's never been the policy here.

It takes two to fight. Pot meet kettle!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:03 pm

TeddyBear, at this point everyone knows how you feel. Why must you continue to beat this dead horse? If it bothers you that much you have options. Block him and don't read any post he is quoted in. Don't go on threads he posts on or don't use this board. Continually harassing the Admin over this is likely to bring an outcome that may shock you.

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:05 pm

audiophile wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:53 am

You want him banned because he not in broadcasting?

Is that the metric? I got my license in '78.

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:20 pm

TeddyBear wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:07 am

And since I am not the troll here, why would my ISP terminate me? I can see MW for my off banter reactions, but not my ISP.
What I am saying is that if this were an actual troll, your posts would make you not only a target but a victim. If this were a real troll, you would have already lost control of your social media and your nudes would have been sent to your Pastor....
You are the White Knight of Trevor's Axiom .

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:24 pm

audiophile wrote:
You come on here for a month and then demand MW ban him? If I were MW, I would boot you off here too (you have made crude/off topic remarks also).

You want him banned because he not in broadcasting? That's never been the policy here.

Audio, was on here before that, til the data dump. I am willing to be banned, if you paid attention. And this board is meant for broadcasters and former broadcasters.

Speaking of "now," if you disagreed, why bring it up now? Your timing can also be deemed suspicious.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:27 pm

FET-500 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:20 pm
TeddyBear wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:07 am

And since I am not the troll here, why would my ISP terminate me? I can see MW for my off banter reactions, but not my ISP.
What I am saying is that if this were an actual troll, your posts would make you not only a target but a victim. If this were a real troll, you would have already lost control of your social media and your nudes would have been sent to your Pastor....
You are the White Knight of Trevor's Axiom .
Old, pure terms differ. Like gay vs gay, homosexual or "had a blast." Bear vs bear, fat hairy gay man or creature in the woods.

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:42 pm

Trevor's Axiom has it that you'll eventually irritate one or more of the other users MORE that the party of which you complain. You will become a victim of disdain that will be redirected from LL101 to you. Remember the words of Weev, "the internet is serious business".

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:12 pm

FET-500 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:42 pm
Trevor's Axiom has it that you'll eventually irritate one or more of the other users MORE that the party of which you complain. You will become a victim of disdain that will be redirected from LL101 to you. Remember the words of Weev, "the internet is serious business".
As much as they want to be irritated, they can easily "foe" someone, without hurt feelings. Granted, they can be seen and quoted. When they are, since there is an issue I pointed out, they will get notifications of being quoted by the "foe."

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:15 pm

Realist wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:00 pm
Mark -

You banned Bob Simonson (under his multiple usernames) for far less than this....
Same exact line of thought. Thank you.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:55 pm

TeddyBear wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:24 pm
audiophile wrote:

Audio, was on here before that, til the data dump. I am willing to be banned, if you paid attention. And this board is meant for broadcasters and former broadcasters.

Speaking of "now," if you disagreed, why bring it up now? Your timing can also be deemed suspicious.
I have been here since 2004, and "meant for broadcasters" is news to me! Plus, the board owner is not a broadcaster.

Timing is suspicious of what? If anything, I'm supporting MW. You have made the situation worse, not better.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic