Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The Breeze

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
BKRPDM

The Breeze

Post by BKRPDM » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:30 pm

I am glad to see stronger ratings the last few books, as the playlist gets a little larger. IMO, If you swapped out 3-4 of the more poppier songs each hour with more R&B type material, this would sound a lot like the former Smooth Jazz, don’t you think?

Colonel Flagg

Re: The Breeze

Post by Colonel Flagg » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:56 pm

Right, by all means, let's just keep recycling the same old, tired acts, and tired voices. Ian sounds just fine. As mentioned before, he lacks the overdone "Ron Radio" voice that many of you rubes are accustomed to. That's where the problem is. I've worked with Sandy, but her voicetracked, John Tesh-advice show stinks. It's almost as bad as listening to Delilah, for God sakes.

What turns me off about about The Breeze are the trainwreck segues. When you go from a power-gold song into a newer, wailing, sad snowflake hipster tune, it's a major tune-out factor. Casey Kasem illustrated what happens in situations like this quite eloquently in his famous angry rant. Different era, but the result is still the same.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

craigrussell100

Post by craigrussell100 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:05 pm

"When you go from a power-gold song into a newer, wailing, sad snowflake hipster tune, it's a major tune-out factor."

Hate to tell you, if you are male, and/or over the age of 45, they dont care. The station. The people making the decisions. The people they are trying to reach. Dont Care. They are competing with Spotify, Pandora and anything else. "Trainwreck segues" dont matter. And if all the current "wailing sad snowflake hipster" tunes are a tune out to you, 45 and younger females cant get enough of them.

Face it man, you are not who they are going for. 95% of the people on this board are too old or the wrong sex for this station. They dont care.

You like corn?

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:12 pm

craigrussell100 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:05 pm
"When you go from a power-gold song into a newer, wailing, sad snowflake hipster tune, it's a major tune-out factor."

Hate to tell you, if you are male, and/or over the age of 45, they dont care. The station. The people making the decisions. The people they are trying to reach. Dont Care. They are competing with Spotify, Pandora and anything else. "Trainwreck segues" dont matter. And if all the current "wailing sad snowflake hipster" tunes are a tune out to you, 45 and younger females cant get enough of them.

Face it man, you are not who they are going for. 95% of the people on this board are too old or the wrong sex for this station. They dont care.
Facts only.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:15 am

Either Jim Harper comes out of retirement, or we have to deal with this type of programming.
And option 1 is not happening.

Music is my life.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:32 am

I mean, at least we got the JAM jingles we (mostly I) kept bitching about.
And they are playing music from the 60s and 70s. Not as heavily as November and December, but it's still there.
The amount post 2000s music is actually quite limited.
I suppose we should not complain too much.
I kept complaining about the playlist so much in November and December, but now I would do anything to go back to the playlist from then.

I will admit Ian sounds rather amateur, and Sandy sounds like a Delilah clone.

Music is my life.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:20 pm

They have "The Breeze" from 'iHate Radio" playing on WRVF-HD3 in Toledo. I am their only listener. I will not be much longer. Technologically, it sounds have way decent, with a multiband processor it is just a bit better than satellite radio- but also suffers from SatRad's problem= TOO SMALL of a PLAYLIST! You want to hear the same Lionel Ritchie/Commodores song, just wait six hours to hear it again. It could use a quadrupling of the song titles and maybe they can get their one listener back. They would be better served running NOAA Weather Radio if they don't expand what they're playing, IMO.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:30 pm

Lately, the Breeze's playlist could be described as "Black music for white folks."

That's not a complaint, because I enjoy listening to Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, Anita Baker, etc.

Just wonder how long it will last as their playlist continues to "evolve."

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:22 am

Jeff Dugan wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:46 am
stopnswop2 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:32 am
I mean, at least we got the JAM jingles we (mostly I) kept bitching about.
And they are playing music from the 60s and 70s. Not as heavily as November and December, but it's still there.
The amount post 2000s music is actually quite limited.
I suppose we should not complain too much.
I kept complaining about the playlist so much in November and December, but now I would do anything to go back to the playlist from then.

I will admit Ian sounds rather amateur, and Sandy sounds like a Delilah clone.
Hi Sam, we missed you on the Buzzboard. Hope you’re doing well my friend.
Thanks buddy. I miss you guys too.
Sorry for not being on much.

Music is my life.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:29 am

Jeff Dugan wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:18 pm
I haven’t noticed much of a difference lately.
The other day I noticed every 3 songs was a post-2010 song for a few hours, and then the rest of the day just about nothing post-2003.
Very odd scheduling.

I also notice less and less soft rock and more R&B again though. Sigh.
I want to hear England Dan and James Taylor type stuff more, mixed in with Whitney, Lionel, Smokey, etc.

Needs a better balance overall with the genres and also maybe scale back on the recurrents to maybe one an hour, and focus on gold.

Charlie Puth and Meaghan Trainor 🖓👎

Music is my life.

BKRPDM

Post by BKRPDM » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:12 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:29 am
Jeff Dugan wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:18 pm
I haven’t noticed much of a difference lately.
The other day I noticed every 3 songs was a post-2010 song for a few hours, and then the rest of the day just about nothing post-2003.
Very odd scheduling.

I also notice less and less soft rock and more R&B again though. Sigh.
I want to hear England Dan and James Taylor type stuff more, mixed in with Whitney, Lionel, Smokey, etc.

Needs a better balance overall with the genres and also maybe scale back on the recurrents to maybe one an hour, and focus on gold.

Charlie Puth and Meaghan Trainor 🖓👎
Agreed, with the England Dan and JT stuff. The Burton Cummings/Guess Who, Alice Cooper (ballads), and some ELO played in December was pretty cool.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:34 am

I'm hearing more uptempo music on 98.7 ("Rock Steady" for instance), and the processing has been pitched up.

Evidently, station management is frustrated by weaker than desired A25-54 performance.

WNIC for the mid July to mid August ratings period had an unusually strong showing. Top five in Adults 25-54.

Steve79

Post by Steve79 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:26 am

I have been listening to this station daily until a week or so ago. I got tired with the extremely tight urban leaning playlist.
Certain songs are played 3 to 4 times a day and it drives me up a wall.
Bon Jovi - I'll be there for you.
Prince - ( Kiss, when doves cry )
Michael Jackson ( at least 2 songs per hour )
Bobby Brown - Rock Wit'cha

This station has become way too repetitive, and doing a bad job at trying to appeal to everyone. Do they even have a program director?
I see they have fallen a bit in the ratings.... I can tell you a tight, extremely repetitive playlist isn't doing them any favours.

Steve79

Post by Steve79 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:05 am

**UPDATE
As of this morning the station sounds COMPLETELY different. Less R&B lean and I'm hearing many artists I have not heard in a long time.... Some tracks have not been played since launch.

The last played feature on their website has been down for awhile and not being updated.
But definitely noticeable playlist change and I'm enjoying it. I hope this continues. :D

Gertner

Post by Gertner » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:52 pm

The Breeze: for those who need a safe space.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic