Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Alternatives to Michiguide

Topics of general interest that just don't fit anywhere else.
Ed Joseph

Alternatives to Michiguide

Post by Ed Joseph » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:25 pm

Michiguide station listings was a great resource back in the day. However, it seems to be slowly unraveling from neglect as of late, with many of the "info" links broken. Sad to see, really. I really wish someone would take it over who cared, or had the time to keep it updated and working, whatever the case may be. It was a great tool for DXing and chasing call sign/ownership history.

Just curious what other sites with the same info are out there on the tendernet.

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

CK-722

Re: Alternatives to Michiguide

Post by CK-722 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:39 pm

Format information is often on Wikipedia. It may be out of date though.

Otherwise, for other information, I find fccdata.org to be most useful, and requires little effort to find the information I want. Even History Cards.

Is THAT where they got the idea for the 486-SX?

Same (x, y, z), different (t)

Your bullet missed my trial balloon.

RTN Price. Not guaranteed. As of 12:30, 157.71 Down 0.22.

Artificial Intelligence is a Child that needs a Parent to guide it through.

Splouge

Post by Splouge » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:31 am

For technical info and current affiliation info, I use rabbitears.info

"Wanna watch some syndicated slop with very little budget or entertainment value? You got it buddy!"

-Byron "The Broadcast Butcher" Allen

statmanmi

Post by statmanmi » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:50 pm

Ed Joseph wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:25 pm
Michiguide station listings was a great resource back in the day. ...
I happened to meander during my web browsing to Michiguide.com, and have found that it's gone for good. The home url answers "The end!" when accessed now, and further saved links provide the verbiage: "404 Not Found Michiguide.com no longer exists!". Google's cache seems to be from 1/25/2022--so it's just been this week that the content was removed.

The site proprietor had explained in this post here on the Buzzboard why he had discontinued adding/revising data to it a few years ago: https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... de#p561521

It had remained a historical archive, and now it'll only be available via archive.org 's Wayback Machine. Luckily, the site was crawled in December (2021), and worked okay for me to quench my thirst for some DTV Transition curiosity information.

No big worries for me...Rabbitears.Info has been my go-to since I started geeking out on TV reception about 4 years ago.

Cheers! ~~ Statmanmi

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:11 pm

I never found Michiguide to be very useful.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:58 pm

Rabbitears used to send me monthly update notices, but some time ago they just stopped coming.

Bull Shannon

Post by Bull Shannon » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:13 am

Rabbitears is useful for TV stations; radio not so much.

Really, though, a site like Michiguide would be better set up on a wiki platform so that anyone can edit/update the site, taking that burden off the creator/webmaster - they just have to review the changes and make sure folks aren't posting garbage.

k8jd

Post by k8jd » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:28 pm

I miss the Michiguide. and now is "Radiostaionlocator" the only option ? I can go to the FCC database but it is not really searchable easily.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:48 pm

In addition to radio-locator, I also use two apps on my iPhone: "AM Search" for AM and "RadioLand" for FM. Both show listings based on your location, so if the reach of the apps don't go far enough for what I may have heard, I will defer to radio-locator (since RL limits you on number of searches per day).

k8jd

Post by k8jd » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:07 pm

I did a Google inquiry for "AM Search" ant it sent me to the FCC site. not helpful

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:58 am

AM Search is an app, not a website. Google won’t help. Find it in the App Store if you have an iPhone or iPad.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic